• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Hawk269

A shot of the game using the in-game photo mode....last night playing Horde Mode...

GOW2Handler.ashx

index.php

Costanza

Banned
Spruchy said:
Sorry this is late but good games costanza, tek, and silver...I left because it said host disconnected and since Costanza didnt have a mic I thought it was his way of calling it.

I'll be on again in a bit if anyone wants to play just need to check out some demos and finish a paper.

Spruchy86 = gt
I did have my mic on :p

But yeah, I got kicked out of my lobby for some reason. Tried to reinvite you after but you'd already signed off.

Beaulieu

Yo everyone!
Just bought the game in Futureshop downtown montreal, and they give aways sweet looking locust figurine with COG dog tags with a purchase of any Gears of war 2 versions ! Awesome !

Cant wait to play this. How many acts are there in the campaign ?

watership

Just picked up my collectors edition but I'm already annoyed. In Canada they usually package the french instruction booklet or insert outside the main box. This time, the English booklet is on the outside in SOFTCOVER, and the French booklet is on the inside, in HARDCOVER. Thanks MS.

And to make matters worse, when I swap the books into the case, the English one is too small and will fall out without the plastic cover.

edit: AND FFS, the French one is a nice glossy, and the english is a matt finish. JC.

LordK

Hey guys,

I plan on playing Horde with some friends tonight. Our setup will be me on my 360, another person on his 360, and then two people on another 360 all over live. It's possible for all of us to play horde this way right (with two people playing horde split screen on one 360)?

Recoil

watership said:
Just picked up my collectors edition but I'm already annoyed. In Canada they usually package the french instruction booklet or insert outside the main box. This time, the English booklet is on the outside in SOFTCOVER, and the French booklet is on the inside, in HARDCOVER. Thanks MS.

And to make matters worse, when I swap the books into the case, the English one is too small and will fall out without the plastic cover.

Go check the Redflagdeals.ca and Official Epic forums, they've already started a petition and several threads, and made Epic aware of the problem.

Spruchy

Costanza said:
I did have my mic on :p

But yeah, I got kicked out of my lobby for some reason. Tried to reinvite you after but you'd already signed off.

Then talk man, you had me and tek fooled.

Aeon712

Just bought this and Endwar, which one of you Gaffers was at the Bestbuy in King of Prussia this morning? I was attacked by a fanboy for buying a PS3 game the same day as Gears 2 :lol.

watership

Recoil said:
Go check the Redflagdeals.ca and Official Epic forums, they've already started a petition and several threads, and made Epic aware of the problem.

I think i'll just return it, and get the regular edition. Seeing the matt finish in English, and the beautiful glossy finish in French just pissed me off.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Dark Octave said:
Yeah! This senior engineer from my job is on his way to pick up a copy for him and myself while I'm stuck here at work. Dude is in his mid to late 50s and loves Gears of War. How cool is that?

If he was 15 it would be a lot cooler for him.

copybeaver said:
Hey guys,

I plan on playing Horde with some friends tonight. Our setup will be me on my 360, another person on his 360, and then two people on another 360 all over live. It's possible for all of us to play horde this way right (with two people playing horde split screen on one 360)?

Yes.. I believe so, I have yet to try split screen but 2 people on one 360 should be fine.

Costanza

Banned
Spruchy said:
Then talk man, you had me and tek fooled.
lol I was a little bit but I (stupidly) didn't notice it was muted until after you left

BTW, I was laughing my ass off when that British kid flipped out over you stealing his kills. Fucking :lol

h3ro

My two LE copies won't ship until the 11th... FU ToysRus... :(

All you bastards on my friends list aren't helping either...

*goes back to finishing co-op Insane run on Gears 1*

JeTmAn81

Dark Octave said:
Yeah! This senior engineer from my job is on his way to pick up a copy for him and myself while I'm stuck here at work. Dude is in his mid to late 50s and loves Gears of War. How cool is that?

:D I saw an older gentleman with Gears 2 as well as Fallout 3 for PC in his hand at the register at Best Buy. Picked up Gears 2 regular edition with the free Xbox Live 1600 pt card (price matched to Circuit City), plus 10% off a year's Live subscription (bonus for buying Gears 2). And the new Brad Paisley album, cuz that dude can play guitar :eek:

So far the games campaign is much better than the first ones with the exception of the horrible, horrible rig sequence and the embarassing Dom sub-plot. The mortar especially is awesome.

JeTmAn81 said:
:D I saw an older gentleman with Gears 2 as well as Fallout 3 for PC in his hand at the register at Best Buy. Picked up Gears 2 regular edition with the free Xbox Live 1600 pt card (price matched to Circuit City), plus 10% off a year's Live subscription (bonus for buying Gears 2). And the new Brad Paisley album, cuz that dude can play guitar :eek:
what what what? Do I need to bring the CC coupon to BB to get the price matching? I'm not familiar with the CAGgy ways.

I'll be picking this up today. Can't wait.

Dyne

Played an hour last night and a bit at work today. This game is EPIC. The scale just blows your mind.

Aladuf, I think I get 48 hours XBL with the download of the free map packs. Hit me up this weekend for a game. :D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
copybeaver said:
Hey guys,

Yup!

JeTmAn81

Revengeance said:
what what what? Do I need to bring the CC coupon to BB to get the price matching? I'm not familiar with the CAGgy ways.

I'll be picking this up today. Can't wait.

I just told the guy about the Circuit City offer and they matched it without question. At least one guy seemed to already know about it.

JeTmAn81 said:
I just told the guy about the Circuit City offer and they matched it without question. At least one guy seemed to already know about it.
Nice. Thanks for the heads up - I'll give it a try. I'll be buying the game regardless (but don't tell the Best Buy dudes that).

unomas

Banned
Picked up my regular edition pre-order from Gamestop this morning and got my Hammerburst code and theme code. I didn't know I'd be getting anything but it's cool I got both of them. The game so far is great, hosted a hardcore game playing with another random guy and we've played for nearly 4 hours non stop. Just took a little break to eat a late lunch and were going to continue in about 30 minutes. Excellent game, well done Epic! I haven't even touched horde mode or the multi yet and I loved the multi in the first gears. Should be fun. How are they fitting all this on one DVD?

it's taking quite a while to joing a multiplayer match.

is anyone else having trouble? i just have my computer on as well, so my connection is only shared by my 360 and pc.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Every time I take out a grenade, I try to pull back on the controller to aim the arc. I've played so much Uncharted before Gears...I thought it was funny.

Game doesn't pick up until the COLE TRAIN imo.

Dark Octave said:
I'm going to be 38 and went to the midnight launch.:lol

FrankT

Dyne said:
Played an hour last night and a bit at work today. This game is EPIC. The scale just blows your mind.

Aladuf, I think I get 48 hours XBL with the download of the free map packs. Hit me up this weekend for a game. :D

The scale is awesome and I'm loving the Hammerburst just something about it feels right.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
xS1TH L0RDx said:
it's taking quite a while to joing a multiplayer match.

is anyone else having trouble? i just have my computer on as well, so my connection is only shared by my 360 and pc.
Taking a while for me, too

unomas

Banned
CitizenCope said:
I'm going to be 38 and went to the midnight launch.:lol

My girlfriend doesn't understand me really getting into games at 31, but I saw two guys at the game store this morning buying Gears that were older than I was. Her response "must be buying it for their kids". Games like Gears aren't really meant for kids.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Very early in the game..

What the fuck @ the reavers attacking the vehicle? I can't seem to kill them at all on Hardcore before they slam us 3 times and the fucking thing goes over the cliff. I hate shit like this. Any tips?

Edit: Nevermind, RB cools the turret. Didn't know that :lol

Captain N

Aeon712 said:
Just bought this and Endwar, which one of you Gaffers was at the Bestbuy in King of Prussia this morning? I was attacked by a fanboy for buying a PS3 game the same day as Gears 2 :lol.

Of course it just had to be the time I'm in California that I miss out on you getting beat up.

I should be heading online soon enough to play some Gears of war 2. the problem is that by soon enough I mean a few weeks.

Dyne

Jtyettis said:
The scale is awesome and I'm loving the Hammerburst just something about it feels right.

Yeah, the hammerburst is amazing. I love that you can either go automatic or shoot quickly in concentrated burts like you would a with a pistol in multiplayer. :D

mileS

how does the MP work with the flashback maps? Basically just wondering if I should input the code right away or not because I'd rather play all the new maps for a bit first.

Chiggs

Gold Member
unomas said:
My girlfriend doesn't understand me really getting into games at 31, but I saw two guys at the game store this morning buying Gears that were older than I was. Her response "must be buying it for their kids". Games like Gears aren't really meant for kids.

The next time you catch her watching one of her favorite shows, reading her favorite magazine or author, or listening to her favorite musician, tell her to "grow up."

knitoe

Just got game today from Newegg. Still have to finish Fallout 3 and have not even touched Fable 2 yet. Not enough time for all these games out and coming out.

phinious

Question:

My buddy wants to come over and play over Live with me. It sucks though because only one of us can have a headset on. Would it be possible to use the 48 hour live trial code to set him up with a temporary account, and then he could use a headset also? or will this not work?

Gav

Got the LE this afternoon, awesome packaging.

Playing through with my mate over XBL right now. Just destroyed the
Riftworm
Holy shit it was mental. The game is utterly brilliant. Graphics, score, lighting, all fantastic.
The scale of everything is amazing too. Love it

Shoogoo

phinious said:
Question:

My buddy wants to come over and play over Live with me. It sucks though because only one of us can have a headset on. Would it be possible to use the 48 hour live trial code to set him up with a temporary account, and then he could use a headset also? or will this not work?

I'm pretty sure it would work. I have 2 gold accounts on my xbox and my girlfriend and I are able to use the headset.

mikeGFG

Banned
phinious said:
Question:

the 48 code doesnt make an account into a Gold one, it simply grants one online multiplayer access.

I've been staying away from this thread because I don't want to be spoiled, but I did want to ask one question. Has anybody else experienced any moments where your game freezes? I've completed a few objectives and then had the game freeze on me as it is trying to load the next objective. Is this common? Known?

destrosio

Neo Member
bought it early this morning, the L.E. is awesome!! played the introduction chapter and went crazy! this game is fuckin mean. sorry for the voice change for marcus in the italian dubbing...

Stormwatch said:
I've been staying away from this thread because I don't want to be spoiled, but I did want to ask one question. Has anybody else experienced any moments where your game freezes? I've completed a few objectives and then had the game freeze on me as it is trying to load the next objective. Is this common? Known?

xbox-360-3-red-lights.jpg

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I haven't seen Gear 1 in a long while but this game feels more like an expansion pack rather than a sequel. It is more of the same (which was to expect). I played campaign alone today and I got bored. I need to try it with friends, but up until the second part of the first chapter it is a borefest. I quite the campaign in disgust. Horde mode is so superior to the campaign that I now wonder why they even bothered. Also, the texture loading issues are there and worse than ever. I know the mp has been polished a little, so the game will be worth it. I don't know if I will like the game enough to finish the campaign tough.

ampere

godhandiscen said:
I haven't seen Gear 1 in a long while but this game feels more like an expansion pack rather than a sequel. It is more of the same (which was to expect). I played campaign alone today and I got bored. I need to try it with friends, but up until the second part of the first chapter it is a borefest. I quite the campaign in disgust. Horde mode is so superior to the campaign that I now wonder why they even bothered. Also, the texture loading issues are there and worse than ever. I know the mp has been polished a little, so the game will be worth it. I don't know if I will like the game enough to finish the campaign tough.
I haven't opened my copy yet but I already know this is the kind of game that is only fun with other people. This is no Fable 2 where you can have loads of fun solo.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
godhandiscen said:

Gtfo.

Kibbles

Wow this game completely destroys Gears 1. I've played tons of horde, tons of MP and I just finished the 2nd Act splitscreen with my brother, wow! The last chapter (especially towards the end) looks phenomenal! Jesus... :lol It's insane.

Thanks Epic!!! :D

Oh and I played Gears of War 1 at the tournament at my local Game Crazy... then played Gears 2. I laugh at anyone who says it's the same or that it's an expansion pack. Everything has been greatly improved and the new additions are great. The gameplay is just a lot more fun now. I've played Annex on Security ranked and that was fun as hell :p I just played with bots on annex Gridlock with some custom weapons and friends and we had a blast. Seriously, this game is a true sequel, the gameplay just feels a lot better than all the Gears 1 I played just a few hours before I played Gears 2.

Top Bottom