• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Lkr

Oh my god...I was playing online annex and I couldn't respawn. I was the only one. WHAT THE FUCK EPIC!?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Beat the game a couple of days ago and what an amazing ride. The game is much more polished than the first one and it just feels tighter. Loved almost all the set pieces and will definitely play it Co-op with a friend.

Also, Cole Traiiiiiiiiiin is off da hook in this one. His infamous speech>>>embarrassing Dom story by miles for me. Soooooo good. :lol

Only complaint is tha online matchmaking is still really slow and hope that they fix that asap. Takes 3-10 mins at times to connect. :/

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
adam_grif said:
8230themoarukno.JPG

Tanks do not have clips. Tanks have magazines.

That's great that you went to all that trouble to prove me wrong, but how in the world would a cannon use magazines? It uses rounds/shells, and the reason I said clip in the first place was because that's how the ammo is represented in the game...

Lostconfused said:
This game doesn't answer any questions at all related to the story. They just threw in a whole ton of new twists and no explanations. You can speculate all you want but i am not even sure anyone at epic knows where this is going.

That's what the collectibles are for. As Epic explained in one of the ViDocs, they were put in for those wanting to know more about the story & extra details...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Smokey said:
Just got this bitch in the mail from Gamefly!

So excited...didn't expect to get it until mon or tue!
You guys get postage services on a Staurday? Nice.

Skilotonn said:
That's what the collectibles are for. As Epic explained in one of the ViDocs, they were put in for those wanting to know more about the story & extra details...

They only hint at possible answers.

Umm... I just beat it, and I think I was immediately treated to a typo in Cliff's blurb during the credits.
''Success is going from failure to failure without a lack of enthusiam'', I think it was.
. Aye carumba.

Kibbles

Screenshots on the site are pretty meh. They look worse than the game :S They should've kept the quality and added AA. It seems like it has more aliasing than what I see on my set. In fact, I don't even notice any jaggies on my TV unless I look really closely.

daw840

Fredescu said:
I meant viable in terms of possibility to complete without having more than two people. I did the campaign split screen and we did the profile download thing for that.

Oh man, if you can beat the horde up to level 50 with only two people you are a god.

Hootie

Just got the game Friday but won't be able to play until tomorrow night.

Anyone have a rough estimate on the amount of time it takes to complete Co-op Campaign on Insane? And is Horde mode as hard as it was hyped up to be?

daw840 said:
I was playing Horde online with two of my friends that were on the same Xbox. It worked just fine. We had trouble getting past wave 19, but we got way past that when we added a couple more people. You can play split screen online, but the 2nd player has to download their live profile and play under that.
Do you know where I go to download that live profile? dont see that option.

daw840

GhostRidah said:
Do you know where I go to download that live profile? dont see that option.

I don't remember off the top of my head, but maybe under add a new profile?

Does anyone know if you eventually unlock other guns to start out with in multiplayer? Right now I have the hammerburst, lancer, and gold lancer.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
MaizeRage25 said:
Agreed. Very strange.

Already spoken about earlier in the thread. Cliff wanted them removed along with the
Kryll
to change up the gameplay and not be too reminiscent of Gears of War 1. He mentioned in an interview prior to the release of Gears 2 that they would show up in Horde mode but they aren't in there at all.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Just started playing, up the caves with rockworms. Very cool so far, seems a lot more large scale and cinematic than the first. What is a good mode to start out with multiplayer? I never played the original online since I never bought until well after I got hooked on COD4.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
just finished the game. truely the one of the highlights for this season and this year. picking a personal GOTY just got really really tough now.

I really like the Gears 2 Lobby system with choosing the gametypes and maps. I just hope that certain gametypes don't always get ignored eventually. Annex has been turned down every time I've seen it. And I like Annex. People keep choosing Meatflag, but no one seems to clearly understand how to win. Like where the "score" section is, etc. I know I don't.

Overall I'm loving multiplayer though. Love it.

mittelos

soldat7 said:
I've been fiddling with the in-game brightness and have discovered that the default is set way too high. Turn the in-game brightness down a couple of notches for win.
Holy shit. This made a huge difference on my set.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
mittelos said:
Holy shit. This made a huge difference on my set.

I've actually found the complete opposite to be true..the game is way too damn dark on my set.

adam_grif

Banned
Skilotonn said:
That's great that you went to all that trouble to prove me wrong, but how in the world would a cannon use magazines? It uses rounds/shells, and the reason I said clip in the first place was because that's how the ammo is represented in the game...

autoloader.jpg

Your right, they use Carousels. I assumed they used magazines because that's what naval guns (the HUGE ones) use.

Regardless, you were just using "clip" as shorthand for "the thing that holds bullets". Never again please. Calling a magazine a clip is like calling an engine a gas station.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
adam_grif said:
http://www.dejawolf.com/steelbeasts/gallery/T-72M1/images/autoloader.jpg[/IMG]

Your right, they use Carousels. I assumed they used magazines because that's what naval guns (the HUGE ones) use.

Regardless, you were just using "clip" as shorthand for "the thing that holds bullets". Never again please. Calling a magazine a clip is like calling an engine a gas station.
STFU

bumpkin

Man, I was just playing some Horde and holy shit is it a pain in the ass on hardcore. I can't even get past wave 2. I kept getting down to the last one or two locusts and then getting cheap-shotted; two-pieced by a shotgun toting locust. And we wonder where people who spam it get the technique from. :lol

Definitely an absolute bitch solo. I think I need to find some friends and tackle it as a team.

Also, I can't wait for these 48-hour Live trials to expire, and for Matchmaking to store everyone's connection data. I'm sure Matchmaking will speed up quite a bit then.

keanerie

adam_grif said:

woah there

adam_grif said:
autoloader.jpg

Congratulations, you know more about weaponry than someone else.

Was it necessary to be a complete and utter assbag about the fact you knew more about the subject? You knew what he fucking meant, and a civil correction would have been fine, but openly belittling him does not impress anyone, you just look like a douche.

adam_grif

Banned
snack said:
Congratulations, you know more about weaponry than someone else.

Was it necessary to be a complete and utter assbag about the fact you knew more about the subject? You knew what he fucking meant, and a civil correction would have been fine, but openly belittling him does not impress anyone, you just look like a douche.

Yes, it was necessary. If someone was using a computer, and they pointed to their un-plugged power cord and said "hold on, I just need to put more coal into the power station", you would belittle them for confusing a power station with a power cord.

It only looks like douchebaggery if you're unfamiliar with the subject matter.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I'm an avid pc gamer, and even after playing Crysis and Crysis: Warhead, Gears 2 still manages to impress me visually. It is the best looking console game out there, period. I'm pretty sure Killzone 2 will dethrone it, but right now it is king.

adam_grif said:
Yes, it was necessary. If someone was using a computer, and they pointed to their un-plugged power cord and said "hold on, I just need to put more coal into the power station", you would belittle them for confusing a power station with a power cord.

Dude, seriously you are making some stupid analogies. A lot of people get confused at the difference between a clip and magazine. Not everyone is a weapons expert, a simple correction would have been fine.

Fredescu

adam_grif said:
Err no, subject matter has nothing to do with it. You are a complete douche bag for going to so much trouble to call someone out on a technicality. Please stop posting.

adam_grif

Banned
darkressurection said:
Dude, seriously you are making some stupid analogies. A lot of people get confused at the difference between a clip and magazine. Not everyone is a weapons expert, a simple correction would have been fine.

What, you're afraid I hurt his feelings? This isn't a support group. I posted a picture I had lying around for ages, because I see this problem all the time, and I need to hammer it home to people.

adam_grif said:

Your analogies are epic and very weird.

adam_grif

Banned
Fredescu said:
Err no, subject matter has nothing to do with it. You are a complete douche bag for going to so much trouble to call someone out on a technicality. Please stop posting.

Yeah, uploading an image I didn't make then putting image tags around it was *really* hard.

adam_grif

Banned
revolverjgw said:
Your analogies are epic and very weird.

Well, the magazine is the spring loaded device that feeds rounds into a chamber. A clip is a piece of metal that holds rounds together.

99% of the time, the clip is in the form of a "stripper clip", whereby you use the clip to load rounds into the magazine, so that you don't have to do them one at a time, individually. Hence the analogies. It's like confusing the engine with the petrol tank, or a power plant with a power point.

keanerie

adam_grif said:
Yeah, uploading an image I didn't make then putting image tags around it was *really* hard.

lol, can we get a ban for being a massive douche and derailing this thread completely?

back on topic:

the revolver is the best weapon. :D

adam_grif

Banned
I want to get Gears 2, because I enjoyed Gears a lot. But I have to study for exams.

Sadface.

As soon as exams are over, it's non-stop World Tour, Dead Space, Gears 2 and Resistence 2.

Looking forward to exams being over A LOT.

rcua1884

I just finished the campaign and the experience has been a real blast. Although the ending felt quite abrupt, everything leading up to it was top notch.

I'm also completely obsessed with Horde. The arcade-like simplicity of the mode has a great old-school appeal.

If anyone wants to add me in their Horde team, my gamertag is Psykko Mantis. I'll probably be on tomorrow evening.

adam_grif said:

I don't know. In my opinion, you came off as a douchebag, while Skilotonn just made a minor mistake.

WTF? Saturday night prime-time on launch weekend, and the game can't match me up into a single Horde game? It's been searching and re-starting for a few minutes now with no luck. Something's definitely not right here.

Top Bottom