• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Baker

Banned
Need three more for Horde tonight during the following times:

9:30pm Eastern
8:30pm Central
7:30pm Mountain
6:30pm Western

I don't care which map we do, but would prefer Insane difficulty.

Baker said:

I would do it, but I have school tomorrow.

Baker said:

I can play. GT: Strikevillain.

Just send me a msg before we start.

So close to the end of the campaign but skipped out to play some L4D.

Horde is so much fun, made it to Level 50 last night on Mansion after about 5 hours but couldn't finish it off.

Goddamn Blood Mounts.

I'm always down for some Horde action. Might get on now, actually.

Baker said:
Without playing a game specifically using it, I would say it's not completely redefined, but it seems to act better navigating the dashboard.

Hmmm, I need a new controller anyway. And the red controller is pretty slick. Anyway, my controller is constantly, ever so slightly moving up on the left analog stick. So if I'm afk in a shooter, I'm slowly slowly inching along even when the controller isn't in my hands:lol

So when I go to take a meatshield in a hot situation, I sometimes end up rolling instead of taking the meatshield, which then allows the guy I just downed to be revived and I get owned:lol And a slightly better D-Pad would sure be nice...Switching to Smokes can sometimes be a pain.

Wizman23

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
I just had a game of complete red lag everyone was skipping around walking into walls, at one point I fell out of the map, and I'm not allowed to fucking quit, what the fuck is this shit?

because of people like you that ruin Halo by quitting all the time.

t4ng0

Baker said:

i can give you a maybe on that- gt = t4ng0

and god damn does matchmaking take its sweet ass time

ultron87

So I've been having plenty of fun just playing horde split screen with my friends, I can only imagine the awesomeness that must result from having a full team of good communicative people.

Though I think the ultimate experience might be getting another 360 in the same room and playing system link on two TVs. Just for the sheer fun of having everyone in the same room.

Oh yeah, the other day I saw a guy playing as a character with a black beard, and a bandanna. Who the hell is that? Never seen him. He definitely isn't in the campaign that I know of. Or maybe I was delusional.

raYne

ToyMachine228 said:
Oh yeah, the other day I saw a guy playing as a character with a black beard, and a bandanna. Who the hell is that? Never seen him. He definitely isn't in the campaign that I know of. Or maybe I was delusional.
Dizzy. His hat gets shot off during combat revealing the bandana.

Haden

Banned
Baker said:

What time is that GMT if you dont mind a brit taking one place? :D

Im pretty sure its about 1.30am? I will be up late tonight GT is HeadlessHaden

Teknoman

Amir0x said:
It's pretty silly to even bother trying to consume ammo in Gears of War, there's ammo boxes falling out of Locust vagina's every two steps. Them bitches don't know what the fuck to do with all that ammo. They're just throwing that shit away now.

Also: When I beat the game on Hardcore, I am totally expecting one of you GAFers to go through the game with me on INSANE.

This. Im definatly going to want to do some insane co-op runs. Not trying insane horde until I at least make it to 50 hardcore.

Baker said:

OK I take back the insane horde not trying thing. I'll be ready for 8:30pm Central. Gamertag: TeknomanEX

Amir0x said:
It's pretty silly to even bother trying to consume ammo in Gears of War, there's ammo boxes falling out of Locust vagina's every two steps. Them bitches don't know what the fuck to do with all that ammo. They're just throwing that shit away now.

Also: When I beat the game on Hardcore, I am totally expecting one of you GAFers to go through the game with me on INSANE.

I know, but I'm such a tight-fisted git that I worry about when I start to drop to around 50% of my maximum ammo allowance.

Its why I'm rubbish at RTS games, I'd rather save my resources and be a richer than Howard Hughes than actually try to win the battle :p

Amir0x

Banned
The only gun-related decision making I have a hard time with is when to let go of my precious sniper rifle... I always fear I won't see it again for too long when I drop it!

VaLiancY

Baker said:

GT: valnegro

Baker

Banned
Amir0x said:
The only gun-related decision making I have a hard time with is when to let go of my precious sniper rifle... I always fear I won't see it again for too long when I drop it!

I started Insane coop last night and the ammo count definitely becomes something to worry about. I finished one chapter with only 4 lancer bullets left. You kind of get screwed if you're the person who ends up not being on turrents.

I'm sure there's some logic behind it, but some chapters you'd start off with your previous ammo count (which was usually <70) and other times it would swap your loaded hammerburst out for a worthless shotgun.

I'm not dissing on the shotgun, there just aren't that many moments it's needed in the campaign.

ultron87

Amir0x said:

Yeah, I'm always terrified to drop mine even if it is currently empty and there's a Torque Bow sitting on the ground in front of me with several Boomers just asking to be killed by it. Sure it'd help, but my rifle could disappear or something and the game is not nearly as fun if I can't be constantly blowing heads off.

Wizman23

Banned
Amir0x said:

For as much as I love to snipe. I always go with the Lancer/Hammerburst combo.

Momar

aka Ryder
kinggroin said:
I'm wondering though, anyone else feel like this is Contra 4 in 3D? I mean from the insane bosses, to the alien-like enemies and set-pieces (especially the variety in scenarios from one to the next). It really does feel like a fully realized Contra game in 3d (the two-player setup just adds to it).

If I remember correctly, Jeff Gerstmann of Giant Bomb had mentioned the game has a pretty cool homage to Contra in it (I'm assuming it's the part you're at).

Amir0x said:

Swapping my Sniper Rifle out for the Flamethrower right before the courtyard shootout in the final Act almost made me throw my controller through a wall.

Druz

For whatever reason I hate the multiplayer this time around. Bunch of factors have rubbed me the wrong way, but I"ll keep at it. GOW1 was an acquired taste too.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Amir0x said:

This is how I feel with the boomshot. I love me them grenade launchers and I hate giving them up when the game "wants" me to start sniping things.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
been online for over an hour and barely got a proper game going until we got onto a game of horde which was far too brief.

where the hell is all the hot GAF action?? is it too early for most of the american crowd?

Amir0x said:

Me too :lol

Hey can anyone tell me if Cliffy has appeared in the thread. He says he's reading it, yet no word on whether the online will be fixed at all.

minx

Baker said:
I started Insane coop last night and the ammo count definitely becomes something to worry about. I finished one chapter with only 4 lancer bullets left. You kind of get screwed if you're the person who ends up not being on turrents.

I'm sure there's some logic behind it, but some chapters you'd start off with your previous ammo count (which was usually <70) and other times it would swap your loaded hammerburst out for a worthless shotgun.

I'm not dissing on the shotgun, there just aren't that many moments it's needed in the campaign.

What is your avatar from?

WTF
So dell tells me the 360 wont be here till Tuesday next week and the UPS guy just dropped it off.

Whatever I am going to get used to this big ass controller and then I shall whoop all your asses!

OldJadedGamer said:
Wait... what are you talking about?
Bullshit as in giltches, lag problems, etc.

BruceLeeRoy said:
WTF
So dell tells me the 360 wont be here till Tuesday next week and the UPS guy just dropped it off.

Whatever I am going to get used to this big ass controller and then I shall whoop all your asses!
It's not big, it's better.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
BruceLeeRoy said:
WTF

New Target: Acquired.
Mission: Grand Master of Exploding heads!
My snipey is growing restless Bruce...it lusts for blood.

FrankT

BruceLeeRoy said:
WTF

Haha, nice.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Just thought I'd correct you. Sorry.

Have fun on Gears.

:lol dude if you guys saw my hands you would understand. Honestly they are like the size of a 6 year old preemie baby girl.

Honestly though I am so excited.
-Gears 2
-Fable 2
-Left for Dead
Why didn't I do this sooner?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I love Tai. He cheers me up with his tirade whenever the COGs lose a round.

"WHAT WILL YOU DO WHEN YOU GO BACK HOME TO YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR FATHER AND LITTLE SUSIE BACK HOME.." :lol

Top Bottom