• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

Domino Theory said:
I love Tai. He cheers me up with his tirade whenever the COGs lose a round.

"WHAT WILL YOU DO WHEN YOU GO BACK HOME TO YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR FATHER AND LITTLE SUSIE BACK HOME.." :lol

Uh, that's Prescott.

WrikaWrek

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
:lol dude if you guys saw my hands you would understand. Honestly they are like the size of a 6 year old preemie baby girl.

Honestly though I am so excited.
-Gears 2
-Fable 2
-Left for Dead
Why didn't I do this sooner?

Because you are a poor fanboy.

Hootie

Just finished the campaign...it was absolutely amazing.

Other than the braindead Dom AI in Act V and the SHITTY MOTHERFUCKING LAKES in the Centaur section, it was brilliant.

Gonna play through Coop on Insane sometime this week :D

Oh and Baird's notes in the caves are hilarious :lol

Hootie said:
Just finished the campaign...it was absolutely amazing.

Other than the braindead Dom AI in Act V and the SHITTY MOTHERFUCKING LAKES in the Centaur section, it was brilliant.

Gonna play through Coop on Insane sometime this week :D

Oh and Baird's notes in the caves are hilarious :lol
Imma gonna send you an FR you sick fuck.

BruceLeeRoy said:
I wouldn't say I was a total fanboy since the biggest reason I didn't have both systems was
simply a monetary issue.
Lies! BURN HIM!

Darkman M

Just sent out a couple of invites.

Please feel free to Add me i want to do some insane coop runs and some horde being i haven't tried horde yet.

Gamertag- Grahf ID

Blueblur1

Okay, so since I'm stuck offline until the 19th and I beat the campaign I'm playing multiplayer matches with bots. Most matches are fun since I survive most if not all the rounds. But when I do die, I'm forced to watch the bots. Its understandable.

What isn't is when one of my bot team mates decides to never leave the spawn room. This happened with Tai* on Blood Drive. Tai* and another bot on my team were against one Locust bot. The other bot, I think it was Minh*, was sticking behind cover taking pot shots at the Locust bot. This went on until Minh* finally downed the Locust bot.

And Tai*? He was stuck in this constant loop of sticking to the walls of the room, moving to the side room's window, coming back and stick to the walls of the spawn room, etc.

Another example of bot ridiculousness: I was playing a match on Stasis and I die. So Marcus* and Dom* are left fighting two Locust bots. Dom* kills one and gets killed by the other one. And guess what Marcus had been doing the entire match? He was kneeling down aiming the mortar but not firing or moving. I won that round because he was in the room that was fortified by the laser fences. The last Locust bot ran up to one of the fences and then turned away and started running away when the countdown hit zero.

And when I die and there's a 2 v 2 bot battle going on, half the time the bots stay behind cover and take pot shots at each other until the round ends. No one dies. I've played so many matches that I now change to a TV show while I wait for the bots to finish up.

WrikaWrek

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
I wouldn't say I was a total fanboy since the biggest reason I didn't have both systems was
simply a monetary issue.

That's why i said poor man.

You were supposed to ask "What are you then?", and i would say "A rich fanboy".

Damnit, you ain't good for nothin'. Now go play some Gears2.

Blueblur1 said:
Okay, so since I'm stuck offline until the 19th and I beat the campaign I'm playing multiplayer matches with bots. Most matches are fun since I survive most if not all the rounds. But when I do die, I'm forced to watch the bots. Its understandable.

What isn't is when one of my bot team mates decides to never leave the spawn room. This happened with Tai* on Blood Drive. Tai* and another bot on my team were against one Locust bot. The other bot, I think it was Minh*, was sticking behind cover taking pot shots at the Locust bot. This went on until Minh* finally downed the Locust bot.

And Tai*? He was stuck in this constant loop of sticking to the walls of the room, moving to the side room's window, coming back and stick to the walls of the spawn room, etc.

Another example of bot ridiculousness: I was playing a match on Stasis and I die. So Marcus* and Dom* are left fighting two Locust bots. Dom* kills one and gets killed by the other one. And guess what Marcus had been doing the entire match? He was kneeling down aiming the mortar but not firing or moving. I won that round because he was in the room that was fortified by the laser fences. The last Locust bot ran up to one of the fences and then turned away and started running away when the countdown hit zero.

And when I die and there's a 2 v 2 bot battle going on, half the time the bots stay behind cover and take pot shots at each other until the round ends. No one dies. I've played so many matches that I now change to a TV show while I wait for the bots to finish up.
The bots are really fun to play with and make for a good challenge, but watching them finish a game takes a REALLY long time.

Darkman M

Blueblur1 said:

Strange my bot's behave a lot better then i could have imagined, what difficulty are you playing at?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Blueblur1 said:

Yep, same thing happened to me. I said fuck it and now I'll only play respawning types.

mittelos

In defense of Grandmaster Leroy, I've been primarily playing my PS3 for the past 6 months or so, and when I picked up the 360 controller to play Gears, it felt like a grapefruit in my hands!:lol That said, playing gears quickly reminded me how great the controller works and feels.

Hootie

UltimaPooh said:
I never ran into the Dom AI bug in Act 5. He fought along with me and I don't think he ever went down.

Oh it's a bug? As long as it's patched I'll be fine, but god damn I was getting my ass kicked while he just sat behind a block :lol

Zezboob

Brakara said:
We must be playing against completely different people then. I've never encountered more than one or two obnoxious people in a single round. And the 5-10 seconds it takes to mute them is not enough to get so pissed that I'm writing angry posts on an Internet forum about it.

Sure, it's not as quick as in Halo, but spending 5 seconds to mute someone is not that fucking cumbersome.
I'll teach you something that you may not know.

English is the only language authorized on the live. Really, trust me, it's what I learnt during these 3 last years. If you don't believe me try to speak another language, and be sure that there will always be somebody to tell you that you're doing wrong. I am not authorized to speak with my friends, my team.

Now, I don't tolerate the fact of wasting 25 seconds of my life almost every match just for muting assholes only because Epic isn't fucking capable to do what other games already do. And I am not speaking about some obscure game that Epic probably never heard...

First I used the option to mute everybody except the friends (on the XBL portal). But it was a pain in the ass every time I played with friend's friend.

Seriously, it's not like we are speaking about a fucking huge feature with needs a lot of money and time to be implemented...

mittelos said:
In defense of Grandmaster Leroy, I've been primarily playing my PS3 for the past 6 months or so, and when I picked up the 360 controller to play Gears, it felt like a grapefruit in my hands!:lol That said, playing gears quickly reminded me how great the controller works and feels.

I cant wait to go pick the damn game up. My brother is picking up a 360 on Thursday should I play
through the game for the first time by myself or should I wait to play with him? I remember with
gears 1 doing stuff like when you had to shine the flood light to protect each other made the whole
experience that much more amazing.

J-Rzez

These guys made an incredible stride in quality of the SP campaign this time, the first one was a joke in this regard. I'm really impressed. Game still controls and feels the same though.

WrikaWrek

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
I cant wait to go pick the damn game up. My brother is picking up a 360 on Thursday should I play
through the game for the first time by myself or should I wait to play with him? I remember with
gears 1 doing stuff like when you had to shine the flood light to protect each other made the whole
experience that much more amazing.

Wait for your brother.

Playing Gears 2 for the 1st time in cop with another first timer is some first time getting laid kind of shit.

Don't play on normal btw.

Teknoman

Ryder said:
If I remember correctly, Jeff Gerstmann of Giant Bomb had mentioned the game has a pretty cool homage to Contra in it (I'm assuming it's the part you're at).

I felt Gears 1 was a 3d Contra done right. Gears 2 even more so. Havent seen any Contra homages yet though. Then again I just got to the part where
the giga rockworm sinks that one city

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I imagine it's already been mentioned a time or two but the randomly getting stuck during parts of the
boat boss worm battle
is getting a tad annoying. It's happened a time or two now and wound up getting me killed. Marcus just gets stuck/clips through part if it and I'm basically frozen in place. Whee!

Shoogoo

kaizoku said:
still on the lookout for more european gaffers to add to my friends list:

gamertag - kaizoku7

sorry for ignoring your invite, I receive like 10 of them in an hour. I really hope we can play together soon! :)

raYne

tedtropy said:
I imagine it's already been mentioned a time or two but the randomly getting stuck during parts of the
boat boss worm battle
is getting a tad annoying. It's happened a time or two now and wound up getting me killed. Marcus just gets stuck/clips through part if it and I'm basically frozen in place. Whee!
Actually, it hasn't. You're apparently the first.

Congrats?

tedtropy

raYne said:
Actually, it hasn't. You're apparently the first.

Congrats?

Wow, that's surprising. I've confirmed there's nothing going on with either of my 360 controllers. It tends to happen right after cinematic moments, and then once when I left the mouth. I can control everything else, aim, shoot, get to the pause menu, but movement-wise he's locked into position. It's incredibly annoying when it happens and it's only happened on this bit of the campaign.

raYne

tedtropy said:
Wow, that's surprising. I've confirmed there's nothing going on with either of my 360 controllers. It tends to happen right after cinematic moments, and then once when I left the mouth. I can control everything else, aim, shoot, get to the pause menu, but movement-wise he's locked into position. It's incredibly annoying when it happens and it's only happened on this bit of the campaign.
Yeah, that sounds like it'd be incredibly frustrating. Can't be that common at all though since, as I said, this is the first time it's been mentioned.

I blame.. hmm.. uh.. *shrugs*

tedtropy

raYne said:
Yeah, that sounds like it'd be incredibly frustrating. Can't be that common at all though since, as I said, this is the first time it's been mentioned.

I blame.. hmm.. uh.. *shrugs*

Well, either way I got past it. That's gonna be real fun if it crops up during my Insane-level co-op runs. Hopefully it won't happen again. Guess I'm just lucky. :D

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
J-Rzez said:
These guys made an incredible stride in quality of the SP campaign this time, the first one was a joke in this regard. I'm really impressed. Game still controls and feels the same though.

:lol Fucking transparent.

WrikaWrek

Banned
chespace said:
:lol Fucking transparent.

Love how he and Hoffman always pop their heads in these threads, and always leave that "Good, but" kind of post, that always read like bitter stealth trolling.

It's always the same.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
The true realisation of how correct your decision was to pick up a 360 will hit home after you play Crackdown.

Crackdown dude.

Crackdown.

Why are you so cruel? Because eventually he would have to have his hart shattered into pieces with the realization that carckdown 2 is not being made.

Top Bottom