• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
HawksWinStanley said:
I think it's 'enemy forces'. But if you don't get out of your spawn while the enemy is spawn camping you then the game detects that all their guys are at that spawn. So it will start sending your guys across the way and anyone who is left alive on your team just gets fucked from behind while the enemy spawns there now. It's a really bad system.

Yeah, it's enemy forces, I was making a joke. Just like carmine saying "I LOVE THAT POP" Sounds like "I LOVE THAT COCK" and Prescott saying "The allfathers are smiling" sounds like "The all fathers are STYLING."

reggie said:
I'm not so sure.

That would make you pretty dense then.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I'm doing my Single Player run right now. On 2.3 I believe(Hardcore Difficulty).

If I'm not particularly struggling now, will it remain like so? Are there any really poorly frustrating parts? Also how does insane coop work? Can I like join in on chapters where I need them?

I never use the SOS in online MP. Only used it to get the 200 kills crap against bots.

Decided to use it for a change to see just how easy it is to use. I went 8-0 in my first round, JUST using the SOS. I feel fucking dirty. Never again.

2th

Banned
Ajemsuhgao said:
I never use the SOS in online MP. Only used it to get the 200 kills crap against bots.

Decided to use it for a change to see just how easy it is to use. I went 8-0 in my first round, JUST using the SOS. I feel fucking dirty. Never again.

the SOS is fucking amazing in horde. in later levels its absolutely fantastic to have against anything that gets near you.

2th said:
the SOS is fucking amazing in horde. in later levels its absolutely fantastic to have against anything that gets near you.

Yeah, I've used it in horde before. Just not versus MP, outside of local games with bots.

shintoki said:
So I'm doing my Single Player run right now. On 2.3 I believe(Hardcore Difficulty).

If I'm not particularly struggling now, will it remain like so? Are there any really poorly frustrating parts? Also how does insane coop work? Can I like join in on chapters where I need them?

Hardcore is not that tough. You will have to repeat a few battles, especially the end boss but otherwise it's pretty cake.

Insane co-op, yes you can join in on chapters that you need to complete and you will still earn the achievement.

I just got out of a match on gridlock where as soon as the match started a light blue tint fell over the map and this eerie ass piano started playing music in the background for about a good 30 seconds! Someone has got to know what I'm talking about!

Nori Chan

computers putin' said:
I just got out of a match on gridlock where as soon as the match started a light blue tint fell over the map and this eerie ass piano started playing music in the background for about a good 30 seconds! Someone has got to know what I'm talking about!
Honestly bro, you're crazy.

h3ro

computers putin' said:
No way. You're taking crazy pills.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Ajemsuhgao said:

This is why weapon specific medals should include horde kills as well.

Teknoman

lol wow I just sorta got cursed out for shooting at a guy in KOTH mode since I thought I could down him before getting to the ring. My bad?

Said it was because I let them know we were coming. I guess that was a mistake (still getting used to different tactics in the various game modes) but that was still a little much.

giancarlo123x said:
Anyone want to hit up some KoH or TDM? Playing alone gets boring sometimes. Add me. giancarlo123x

Add the GAF gears tag too.

Ramirez

HawksWinStanley said:
It blows my mind how Epic can create such an incompetent spawn system.

I play KOTH exclusively and the spawning system is without a doubt the worst I've ever had to deal with in a MP game. The game will spawn the other team repeatedly in the same position, no matter how many people are around that area, or if it's close to the hill. The game also loves to spawn a team inside the hill when it switches locations, it's game breaking bad.

My last game of the night on Old Town, me and another guy are trying to support the hill at bottom snipe, and it respawns the enemy team 3 times in a row at sniper right behind us, like wtf?

Ramirez said:
I play KOTH exclusively and the spawning system is without a doubt the worst I've ever had to deal with in a MP game. The game will spawn the other team repeatedly in the same position, no matter how many people are around that area, or if it's close to the hill. The game also loves to spawn a team inside the hill when it switches locations, it's game breaking bad.

My last game of the night on Old Town, me and another guy are trying to support the hill at bottom snipe, and it respawns the enemy team 3 times in a row at sniper right behind us, like wtf?

The spawn system works well with TDM, but it's like Epic threw it in the other spawning gametypes with no consideration of how matches would play out. It may very well be the worst spawn system I've ever encountered.

DoomGyver

If you turn off the volume of the queen/Prescott/Hoffman round endings you no longer hear "Enemy reinforcements incoming!"

It would be nice if they separated the two.

Alienshogun said:
Prescott saying "The allfathers are smiling" sounds like "The all fathers are STYLING."
I'm pretty sure he does say stylin'. I can unmistakably hear a T sound in there...

EDIT: Full Recovery, I love your avatar.

zlatko

Banned
I LOVE getting in games where all my kills are spanked. I finally went off on this guy who was just basically following me around and always taking my kills. He talks shit about me being level 70 and I play more than him(he's 47), and that I probably have shitter stats than him.

End of the game I'm 18 and 4, and he's 20 and 17, yet I'm higher in points. I ask him if he can do math, and he pops off that I'm trash. I call him out that all he probably does is play in quick match against bots and is probably ass and he wouldn't even be positive in any games he played unless he jacked kills.

So I back out, and take a look. Low and behold this dude has played 10X more than me and has a 1.2K/D. I'm sitting at 2.5...

I'm sick and fucking tired of people who just watch me win battles to get downs and as I'm trying to secure the kill with bullets my asshole team mate who was there the whole time NOW decides it's time to help.

This problem has been around since Gears of War 1 and fuck EPIC for never fixing it. If I do the majority of the damage to down the guy, and someone spanks my down, then it should give ME the kill and the stealer the assist. Plain and simple.

Robot Pants

zlatko said:
If I do the majority of the damage to down the guy, and someone spanks my down, then it should give ME the kill and the stealer the assist. Plain and simple.

Haha that's way too much for Joe Graf to be able to code.

But I feel you, bro. Kill stealing has been around for a long time, but fuck me if it isn't the WORST in this game. Maybe because 3 is the most recent and I can't remember how it was way back when, but just do what I do. STEAL EVERY KILL.
I got so fed up with it. It was blatantly my kill, and while I'm reloading some dickbag comes up and takes it. I was losing like 5-8 kills a game. So I said screw it. I steal everyone's kills now. Don't care.

zlatko

Banned
Robot Pants said:
Haha that's way too much for Joe Graf to be able to code.

But I feel you, bro. Kill stealing has been around for a long time, but fuck me if it isn't the WORST in this game. Maybe because 3 is the most recent and I can't remember how it was way back when, but just do what I do. STEAL EVERY KILL.
I got so fed up with it. It was blatantly my kill, and while I'm reloading some dickbag comes up and takes it. So I said screw it. I steal everyone's kills now. Don't care.

I hate being a part of the problem and a hypocrite. Plus most of my games I get first in, and I don't feel it's fair to the few guys playing nice/legit on my team as they deserve to at least break even.

In older Gears games there was just a code and for whatever reason people seemed to abide by it. If you stole someone's down you were basically shunned and people on your team would steer clear of you so you were forced to fend off people on your own.

It does seem more prominent here in 3, and maybe it has to do with the respawn game types. Is Execution 5 rounds yet? Maybe I'll just stick to that because I wager the only people playing it right now are the Gears veterans and are aware more so of things like that and shotgun duels.

Robot Pants

zlatko said:
Maybe I'll just stick to that because I wager the only people playing it right now are the Gears veterans and are aware more so of things like that and shotgun duels.

Haha no. All I play is Warzone/Execution. I can't stomach the other modes for more than a game or two, and the kill stealing is still rampant. And so is the SOS.

Arjen

zlatko said:
I LOVE getting in games where all my kills are spanked. I finally went off on this guy who was just basically following me around and always taking my kills. He talks shit about me being level 70 and I play more than him(he's 47), and that I probably have shitter stats than him.

End of the game I'm 18 and 4, and he's 20 and 17, yet I'm higher in points. I ask him if he can do math, and he pops off that I'm trash. I call him out that all he probably does is play in quick match against bots and is probably ass and he wouldn't even be positive in any games he played unless he jacked kills.

So I back out, and take a look. Low and behold this dude has played 10X more than me and has a 1.2K/D. I'm sitting at 2.5...

I'm sick and fucking tired of people who just watch me win battles to get downs and as I'm trying to secure the kill with bullets my asshole team mate who was there the whole time NOW decides it's time to help.

This problem has been around since Gears of War 1 and fuck EPIC for never fixing it. If I do the majority of the damage to down the guy, and someone spanks my down, then it should give ME the kill and the stealer the assist. Plain and simple.

I get mad at that shit to because it is anoying, but honestly, why would anyone give a shit about K/D? At the end, the people with the most points are on top of the match and leaderbords.
I'm sporting the K/D indifferent title, because i feel that fuckin statistic is the main reason what is wrong with online shooters.

zlatko said:
I hate being a part of the problem and a hypocrite. Plus most of my games I get first in, and I don't feel it's fair to the few guys playing nice/legit on my team as they deserve to at least break even.

In older Gears games there was just a code and for whatever reason people seemed to abide by it. If you stole someone's down you were basically shunned and people on your team would steer clear of you so you were forced to fend off people on your own.

It does seem more prominent here in 3, and maybe it has to do with the respawn game types. Is Execution 5 rounds yet? Maybe I'll just stick to that because I wager the only people playing it right now are the Gears veterans and are aware more so of things like that and shotgun duels.

You're right, I commented on this earlier. People just don't seem to care anymore about kill stealing, but honestly it doesn't bother me much anymore. If I notice a team being courteous I'll return the favor. If not, I assume everybody is a killstealer and Imma do it to them too

X-Frame

I'm not sure how Gears 1 was at launch since I started 4 months in but when I was playing and it was only Warzone/Execution kill stealing wasn't really an issue.

Maybe it's just because this game is still new and eventually as the regs and vets remain and shooter hoppers move on it'll return to how I remember it in Gears 1.

Although I don't find this much of a problem in KOTH which I mostly play since everyone basically steals kills unless it's obvious and out of the way of the main action. You can't worry about kill stealing in modes like KOTH because everyone needs to be cleaning house all the time.

I'd rather win than worry about a couple blatant stolen kills.

2San

Arjen said:
I get mad at that shit to because it is anoying, but honestly, why would anyone give a shit about K/D? At the end, the people with the most points are on top of the match and leaderbords.
I'm sporting the K/D indifferent title, because i feel that fuckin statistic is the main reason what is wrong with online shooters.
We need a points per death ratio stat! :eek:

zlatko

Banned
Arjen said:

I'd be totally fine if they removed seeing these stats to begin with like Uncharted does, but they are there. I care because it is a testament/something I can point to to say, "Hey I'm this much of an asset to my team." Even without K/D stats there, I'm still going to be upset with some shit head watching me fight, not putting in a bullet as I barely inch out a down on someone, and then he shoots him once or twice with his assault rifle to steal my down. That kind of behavior is NOT something the game should reward.

To the mention of KOTH and kill stealing I agree it's much less of something to worry about there and is one of the reasons I avoid that cluster fuck game type to begin with. KOTH brings out the worst of people.

I stick to TDM, and here how much you are killing people is what directly leads to your team winning. That's why when someone is being a shit head like in the example above it's a complete slap in my face and does not encourage team work. It just pisses me off and makes me loathe my team mate to even want to revive him if he goes down... I still do it, because I'm not a shit head, but he can guarantee I'll hump him before I hit X.

zlatko said:
In older Gears games there was just a code and for whatever reason people seemed to abide by it.
Yeah, the code did exist, however, people just realised how it's done properly after the first or second year after the games release. Just wait until Call of Battlefield 3 releases.

TRios Zen

Game was unplayable for me last night, I can only assume dedicated servers were down. My shots seemed completely ineffective against any one, and it seemed like if a stray bullet touched me anywhere....full red omen.

I played three matches and called it a night. I think I had Gears 2 nightmares last night too. **shudders**

LowParry

TRios Zen said:
Game was unplayable for me last night, I can only assume dedicated servers were down. My shots seemed completely ineffective against any one, and it seemed like if a stray bullet touched me anywhere....full red omen.

I played three matches and called it a night. I think I had Gears 2 nightmares last night too. **shudders**

That certainly felt like the case. i had some instances where I'd get the leap over a barrier on someone, hear the kick back sound but no animation. Take a wild guess what weapon they had and insta-killed me. lol

zlatko

Banned
I've pretty much just ditched Ranked. The competition is cut throat, randoms suck, and 1 host can ruin the entire game. When playing quick match if I stick in the room long enough eventually the other people leave and I'll gain host so I don't have to worry about shit, and it's the best way to have fun on a regular basis even with randoms.

Arjen

I saw some sort of kung fu flip sunday, i kid you not.
Happened to my buddy when i was watching him when i was waiting to the spawn.
Trashbal, on the stairs, some dude jumped over him, then shot him in the back.
I said, wtf happened to you there man? He said, i have no idea, thank god you saw it, or else no one would believed me.

TRios Zen

CcrooK said:
That certainly felt like the case. i had some instances where I'd get the leap over a barrier on someone, hear the kick back sound but no animation. Take a wild guess what weapon they had and insta-killed me. lol

I really wish there was some kind of notification as to whether you were in a server/P2P game. I know gaffers have asked for it, so maybe if we keep bringing it up, Epic will listen.

KNOWING you are in a P2P match would at least soften the blow when you experience lag or other P2P based BS.

Tawpgun

Gears is the only game I know where people cry that much over a "stolen kill"

Some people get a little mad in Halo but in Gears its 10x worse. Go for wins. Not kills.

-PXG-

Arjen said:
I saw some sort of kung fu flip sunday, i kid you not.
Happened to my buddy when i was watching him when i was waiting to the spawn.
Trashbal, on the stairs, some dude jumped over him, then shot him in the back.
I said, wtf happened to you there man? He said, i have no idea, thank god you saw it, or else no one would believed me.

You could do it in the beta.

A27 Tawpgun said:

Some people get a little mad in Halo but in Gears its 10x worse. Go for wins. Not kills.

My cousin was commenting on the fact that he thinks I'm the only person that doesn't complain about stolen kills.

I, inevitably, end up stealing other people's, I just don't really care who ends up getting the kill.

Rather take the win.

Tawpgun

Heavy's Sandvich said:
My cousin was commenting on the fact that he thinks I'm the only person that doesn't complain about stolen kills.

I steal inevitably end up stealing other peoples, I just don't really care who ends up getting the kill.

Rather take the win.
Exactly. If I'm helping a teammate out to kill someone I'm not stopping until they're dead.

A27 Tawpgun said:

I think it bothers me because I go out of my way to let someone else take the kill if they get the down. I know accidents happen and in a mode like KOTH you just want to make sure everyone is dead as fast as possible if they are near the objective, but if I am off fighting someone who gets in my way and you show up at the very end to melee the guy that I downed then you are a pretty big dick.

Of course I usually only have half the kills of the highest person on my team, but I am almost always #1 in KOTH matches. Hell a lot of times I will have more points than anyone in the match even when my team loses.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Exactly. If I'm helping a teammate out to kill someone I'm not stopping until they're dead.

I had it a few times when I've downed a player who ends up crawling behind cover and someone else on my team clearly has a shot on him. I'm not going to leg it down to get a kill when it makes more sense for my team-mate to deal with it.

Baffling that people care about that kill.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Seth Balmore said:
I'm pretty sure he does say stylin'. I can unmistakably hear a T sound in there...

EDIT: Full Recovery, I love your avatar.

I think that's because it's so engrained from our jokes here, it would be really out of context for him to say that. It makes far more sense for him to say smiling.

Robot Pants said:
Wait he DOESN'T say styling?

That would be absurd if he actually said styling.

reggie said:
Because it's so easy to tell if someone is joking or not, especially on NeoGAF...

Yeah, the winking emoticon at the end of the original post wasn't pretty indicative of a joke. My bad. (THIS IS SARCASM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom