• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

mernst23

tsigo said:
Nah, you can buy a base after the first one and still get it.

Yea but the costs start getting ridiculous. I was playing Thrashball last night and 2 bases were established by people who wound up leaving so when we got to Level 27 and the two newbs I was playing with couldn't get more than 2 kills without dying so I knew the game was over I had to spend 6k on a command post to get my founder ribbon.

Edit: The founder ribbon is retarded btw; it rewards you for starting a game and not finishing it, I rather epic put in a make it to wave 30 in a public match ribbon as opposed to this crap to entice people to stay; The horde onyx medals are all easy, founder is just annoying because as is I'm afraid to boost locally because of the bug that wipes out your exp and I'm not an ass that I'm going to join horde games to get the ribbon and leave. But if epic doesn't fix that i'm going to start doing some 10 rounds and I'm done games to get that stupid ribbon and I know it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zlatko said:
Scoop up Dark Souls if you want a long game. Batman is short, even with going for all the side stuff. Great game though.

Or join the master race on PC for some BF3 with GAF. :D

BF3 should be good enough of 360 too. I'll probably eventually get it for PC, but most of my gaming is on console, and that isn't changing any time soon.

Robot Pants

Dear Epic,
Thanks for the complete fluke that was Gears 1 MP.
Keep trying, though. One day you'll make a game just as good.

No you won't.

- Me

Lothars

Robot Pants said:
Dear Epic,
Thanks for the complete fluke that was Gears 1 MP.
Keep trying, though. One day you'll make a game just as good.

No you won't.

- Me

They already have, actually they made it better.

Stantron

tsigo said:
That's absolutely what they should do. But then who gets the founder ribbon? Everyone?
I would make it so that the first person that voted on the command post, which ends up getting built, gets the ribbon. That way, its still a mad rush to the best post. And to deter quitters, don't award the ribbon until the end of each 10 waves.

... or an easier way is to just play with friends. :)

EYEL1NER

thezerofire said:
Dear Epic,

Would it kill you to up the bots' difficulties a little bit? Bots going 0-10 or greater is not acceptable.

Sincerely,
thezerofire
Bots are absolutely worthless.
I would almost rather have vacant spots over bots, but the bots are something to distract the opposing team I guess.

EYEL1NER said:
Bots are absolutely worthless.
I would almost rather have vacant spots over bots, but the bots are something to distract the opposing team I guess.
There are options for different difficulties on bots. They should just kick it up a notch

X-Frame

Making the bots better would run the risk of them actually being better than the bottom 50% of most teams and therefore taking much longer to die so a human can join.

X-Frame said:
Making the bots better would run the risk of them actually being better than the bottom 50% of most teams and therefore taking much longer to die so a human can join.
Could they match bots up with truskill rankings?

Gears 2 public bots were SOOOOOOOOO annoying, I even prefer this retarded bots.

That said, what they should really do is just rebuild the AI. Port those UT99 AIs ;D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lothars said:
They already have, actually they made it better.
Twice even. And on top of that, Gears isn't even the best MP franchise they've come up with. I sympathize for those who've never played UT and have lived lives with distorted perceptions.

Dear Epic,

Keep doing what your doing, it's working, as slow as it is. From reading this thread, I think I'm actually the single person most satisfied with the product.

Thanks,
Enzo

Dear fucker that didn't playtest the last boss on co-op on insane,

Fuck you.

Twice over,
Enzo.

enzo_gt said:
Twice even. And on top of that, Gears isn't even the best MP franchise they've come up with. I sympathize for those who've never played UT and have lived lives with distorted perceptions.
oh man UT was the best. I was never good at it though. I thought I was from playing in LAN centers, but once I got online I got my ass handed to me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LeonSKennedy90 said:
Epic said they aren't making another Unreal Tournament game

I was so sad. I miss UT2004
WHAT?

I thought they just said that they're taking a break or something, they've discontinued the franchise altogether?!

If that's so, fuck Gears, gonna go play some bot matches on Morpheus alone listening to Linkin Park.

njean777

enzo_gt said:
WHAT?

I thought they just said that they're taking a break or something, they've discontinued the franchise altogether?!

If that's so, fuck Gears, gonna go play some bot matches on Morpheus alone listening to Linkin Park.

If they do bring it back, they better be on there A game. With COD, and BF they have a high bar to achieve.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
njean777 said:
If they do bring it back, they better be on there A game. With COD, and BF they have a high bar to achieve.
There's no place in today's market for Arena shooters anymore unless they are hampered and bloated with features made to appeal to layman, which is what they'd have to do to to even compete. I don't know how they'll even do it.

Montresor

Me and Peabody are doing horde right now (I think on insane difficulty). Join us right now if you guys want!

Peabody GT: semiarticulate
My GT: LordOdadjian

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Haven't visited this thread in a while but I must say I still LOVE this game. But I do agree with complaints. The SOS is still a pussy weapon that sucks, and we definitely need more maps (in general and cycling during matchmaking).

Ballistik

Besides the halloween pumpkin heads this weekend, they're having a Boom/Snipe playlist.

It's in the calendar. I wonder how that's going to work out.

-PXG-

Dear Epic,

Give me a Classic Mode. Seriously..stop being assholes. The sooner you announce it and implement it, the better. Don't give me a bullshit response why you can't (read: won't) do it. Doing this will cure AIDS, make bacon healthy and give America a surplus.

With love,

PXG

njean777

Stat Flow said:
Haven't visited this thread in a while but I must say I still LOVE this game. But I do agree with complaints. The SOS is still a pussy weapon that sucks, and we definitely need more maps (in general and cycling during matchmaking).

Lets not start this again, I admit I will defend the SOS till the end, but I think enough has been said.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
njean777 said:
Lets not start this again, I admit I will defend the SOS till the end, but I think enough has been said.
I'm not starting anything. I'm just saying what I think about the game after playing it for a while now. And yeah, I'm done with complaining about the mechanics of the SOS and how it works. It's apparent that Epic doesn't care or is happy with that. When I say pussy weapon I mean exactly that - how people play with it (which admittedly, is a byproduct of how the gun works). It's so annoying to see people run in to get a one shot kill, then what's even more annoying is to see after they miss, run/bounce miles away so quickly. Argh.

zlatko

Banned
-PXG- said:
Dear Epic,

Give me a Classic Mode. Seriously..stop being assholes. The sooner you announce it and implement it, the better. Don't give me a bullshit response why you can't (read: won't) do it. Doing this will cure AIDS, make bacon healthy and give America a surplus.

With love,

PXG

I doubt EPIC even is aware of the community section of GAF, and odds are Cliffy is scratching his head on where the OT went.

smik

Honestly Gears 3 is great, it does so much right nearly everything works like its suppose to, everyones main gripe (with fair complaints)
is the current usage/tactics/imbalance of the SOS and how undermining GoW's great CQC engagements,which most probally is going to effect GoW3's longevity,
but enough of that.

Coming from all the major mistakes and imbalances EPIC compiled with Gears 2 (Op'd Gnasher,Lag,Glitches,terrible MM,Ragdolls,Hit detection )
Gears 3 plays really smoothly (on Dedicated Servers) i find with little minor tweaks to the SOS and tweaks to some MP Maps (Open the Mercy Gate ffs)
will only help EPIC improve on a already Great and Stella game

Some small things i think the majority of GoW fans want to see

*5 Rounds Wz/Exe
*Classic Playlist
*truck load of New Maps, Current maps are outplayed already.

*Overpass Changes:
something needs to be done, its boring and its issues are that its predicable/lopsided, Some areas which are closed off need to be open
-Gate in the Middle/Bottom of the map needs to be open and have a created Staircase that leads up top.
There is also a closed off door exactly at the spawn which leads to the turret, this could be open as well. Note: Overpass may just be a Dud map that cant be re-worked

All in all i enjoy GoW3 and any mishaps to the CQC can be overshadowed by the overall product

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I feel like I play the same few maps every time I get into a Gears session. That's not good. :|

What's even worse is that those maps are usually the bottom-tier ones.

Most played: Overpass*, Trenches**, Thrashball**, Sandbar

Played on a 'solid' amount: Hotel, Drydock*, Mercy

Seldom fucking played on: Old Town**, Gridlock***, Checkout**

*Sucks ass
**Played the shit out of in the beta
***Played the shit out of in prior games, but still love it

That leaves few very enjoyable and fresh maps ._.

Overall, I still love the Gears 3 smooth experience so my complaints aren't as bad as my post would indicate. That's because none of the maps are SO bad that they hamper the Gears experience in itself (except for Overpass).

LeonSKennedy90 said:
You can shoot through ceilings on Trenches?

0_0
Catching enemies off guard with the Digger through the ceiling on Trenches is great. Many people don't know you can do that... so when there's a couple guys camping in the Mulcher/One-shot spawn it's as easy as going to the Scorcher spawn right below and letting 'er rip. :)

Same with leaders in CTL camping with a bodyguard in those elevated platforms in front of the regular spawns. Shoot Digger through the wall from the slope in the center of the map = profit. Bodyguard's outta the picture and leader is downed easily.

-PXG- said:
Dear Epic,

With love,

PXG
The Old School/Classic playlist thread over at the official forums is up to 1,481 votes for and 165 against, that's nearly a 9 to 1 difference. Some playlists already in the game are being played by less than the amount of people asking for the OSP in that thread...

All that support from the community and yet no one from the dev team has stopped by to say anything on that thread. Proposals with lower numbers get official word from Epic all the time. :/

bimet

I'm having too much mindless fun with the comet mutator... it's troubling. I get a room filled with friends on Horde, turn on both the comet and friendly fire, and go at each other like flaming go-karts. It's literally friendly fire. Some dumb fun once in a while ain't gonna hurt anyone. :)

EDIT:
Did anyone ask for a change to the weapon selection at Mercy? The new selection is... odd. I'm gonna miss the CQC for the power weapon inside the church.

Addnan

Actually had fun on Warzone yesterday.

Love it when you hold the left trigger on sawed off users from some distance away with the gnasher and they have no idea what to do and they just blow their load
:p

You know what this game REALLY needs? Taunts

Good, ol' fashion, Unreal Tournament style taunts. That's the one thing UC3 has over Gears 3 right now, the amazing act of taunting.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
You know what this game REALLY needs? Taunts.
You mean jerking your stick up and down like a maniac behind a DBNO dude ain't doing it for you? Dominate them noobs mang!

A-hem. For the record I absolutely agree with you.

I've always been surprised Gears 3 doesn't have a taunt system considering a) the game's style and 2) the developer's heritage. Unreal Tournament has the best taunts, both verbal and animated.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I wish that shit from splintercell would come back for Gears (when you grab someone as a shield) and you could get a few seconds of whispering taunts in their ear before dropping them to the ground in a salty heap.

LowParry

Take a week off from Gears. Come back aaaaaand....SOS shitstorm. -sigh- I thought I was over it but I guess not. Can't even have a Gnasher shoot out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom