• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 |OT| BROTHERS TO THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadaver

Heres what you can expect:

The remaining locust in beast will be unlocked
A few new maps
A few "new" characters (savage creeper, commando dom LE, savage grenadier LE)
Maybe another set or two of recoloured weapon skins
250 achievement points

Rapstah

Heres what you can expect:

The remaining locust in beast will be unlocked
A few new maps
A few "new" characters (savage creeper, commando dom LE, savage grenadier LE)
Maybe another set or two of recoloured weapon skins
250 achievement points

Have any of the other DLC packs actually added new playables to Beast? I love that mode.

Computron

I am seeing bots play as characters in matchmaking that I have not seen anywhere in the game yet.

Is this a glitch? aren't some of the dlc characters on disc?

one looked like a locust with a concrete bucket on his head. kinda like a colossus from shadow of the colossus.

Haha, I hear you on that one.
While they're at it, what about a Palace Guard?

354px-Palace_Guard_Gears_of_War_3.png

Easily one of the best Locust designs. Would use it 24/7.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Im really thinking this game is no longer worth the effort. Not having any fun so what the fuck is the point anymore.

Brakara

New title update coming in 10-15 minutes (5 am EST), which is supposed to fix the FR map rotation and lag issues. Apparantly, people who had the DLC were (mistakenly) thrown into p2p matches.

So it seems like my suspicion was correct. Now the fix just needs to be verified. But I, for one, am looking forward to finally be able to play some (non-Anvil) FR maps.

Im really thinking this game is no longer worth the effort. Not having any fun so what the fuck is the point anymore.

I still feel like a sucker buying the map pack.

New title update coming in 10-15 minutes (5 am EST), which is supposed to fix the FR map rotation and lag issues. Apparantly, people who had the DLC were (mistakenly) thrown into p2p matches.

So it seems like my suspicion was correct. Now the fix just needs to be verified. But I, for one, am looking forward to finally be able to play some (non-Anvil) FR maps.

So they had to fix the problem with a title update? lol

deviant1

This is Epic, they always seem to break more stuff than they actually fix whenever they do updates.

This game has been a miserable experience lately so hopefully this update actually fixes these issues.

TRios Zen

Wow. This would explain a lot, if true. It had gotten to the point where I *expected* the first match of any new Quick Match Matchmaking to be ass, and hoped that there would be a host or server change that made it more bearable after the first match was over.

Anyone received the TU and can verify that it's working as expected?

razu

I have the TU, and the first two maps I played today were Escalation and the one inside the aquarium, Depths...?

First round I killed 6 and died... no times! Felt good to me :)

Gnashes

Neo Member
Yep, TU 3.1 fixed the map rotation issues.

Current Event Playlist is Brothers To The End on Fenix Rising maps with Alpha Rules.

YES! About fucking time, Epic. Now, to get through a day of work. I'm gonna rekindle the shit out of my love for this game tonight. I've been hating on it for a good 2-3 weeks, I reckon.

Gnashes

Neo Member
I believe that's been the case since the first MP DLC came out. You have to have it all up to the latest to be on them IIRC.

They still have one playlist "Player's Choice" for those without the Fenix Rising DLC.

It's on dedicated servers, but it's just the one playlist.

malfcn

I still have some Golden Lancer and Hammy codes from Gears 2. Never got around to selling..and now since Wings are too easy they are worthless. Oh wells, enjoy the extra skins. (I probably will never sell them, never sold any dlc..).

OG Kush

anyway to download the season pass shit without having to load up the game and then wait for the pop up and then watch as it downloads? cant even background download that shit... when i check the marketplace i have to buy everything.

Brakara

If I didn't know better, I'd say they've increased the likelihood of getting FR maps. I almost got it every other match tonight, while statisticly it should be every fourth (and pre-TU 3.1 it was every 12th match or so).

My ratings of the maps: The Slab > Anvil > Academy, Depths >>>>>> Escalation. This for TDM/KOTH. All in all, a pretty good set.

Kush, no, if you have the season pass you have to download the DLC (it includes) through the game. If you try to download from the marketplace directly, you may be charged twice.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
I still have some Golden Lancer and Hammy codes from Gears 2. Never got around to selling..and now since Wings are too easy they are worthless. Oh wells, enjoy the extra skins. (I probably will never sell them, never sold any dlc..).
Still have the gold hammy?

Dan Yo

Banned
Well I don't know what that update did, but it certainly seems to have fixed all of the issues that have plagued Gears since around the time those maps were released. Everything is back to feeling great. Connection feels good, rifles actually have stopping power again, and it just feels right again. Thank God.

deviant1

The update did make a significant improvement and I was definitely connected to the servers for the few matches I played. Played on Anvil right off the bat, hopefully I can finally play the other new maps too now.

razu

New maps have the added bonus of making you happy to see the old maps when they do come back around. Played 4-5 matches of TDM on new maps, made Checkout seem fresh again! :)

mernst23

Got KOTH matches played and the overall play 3000 matches of each type done this morning. 49 Onyx medals, none left to idle boost. And now my poor xbox can finally not play matches 24/7. I should get the pistol onyx (800 left) and Headshot onyx today (425 left) today and be up to 51.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Thank god the new patch come out. I had been playing everyday for a few hours since the release of the new maps and I had only played the Anvil once. I only play TDM and was pretty pissed I couldn't play on the new maps. Finally after the patch comes out I get to play on the slab and Escalation around 3 to 4 times each!

Got KOTH matches played and the overall play 3000 matches of each type done this morning. 49 Onyx medals, none left to idle boost. And now my poor xbox can finally not play matches 24/7. I should get the pistol onyx (800 left) and Headshot onyx today (425 left) today and be up to 51.
How are you getting these done so fast? Private game boosting?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Wow, what a difference the TU makes! I have now played all of the Fenix rising maps!

Anvil, which is the only Fenix Rising map I played before the TU, is still my favourite.

Escalation brought back a lot of good memories. Ah, the days of Gears 1.

All we need is Jacinto!

TRios Zen

Wow, what a difference the TU makes! I have now played all of the Fenix rising maps!

Anvil, which is the only Fenix Rising map I played before the TU, is still my favourite.

Escalation brought back a lot of good memories. Ah, the days of Gears 1.

All we need is Jacinto!

This game hates me. Played 2 hours last night and played Depths and The Slab once each, while Sandbar and Overpass came up twice. WTF. Plus, dreams of servers were shattered when the kids who couldn't be killed but had 20 & 17 kills each at the top of the leaderboard are level 20's with .08 and .07 KDs respectively. *uh huh...*

Honestly I sometimes feel like I'm the "M" in an S&M relationship with this game.

Amen on Jacinto though, my favorite Gears 2 map!

I actually copped all but The Slab last night, so something has definitely been done for the better.

Escalation is the biggest motherfuckerwhatthefuck cluster-fuck of a map in TDM. I think it's the Overpass of the FR pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom