• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4's campaign will have split-screen co-op on PC

That's great, but that's also what I'd expect if I'm paying the same premium price as the console game.

It still doesn't support HDR so I'm holding off for now.

It's a PlayAnywhere title so it's crossbuy. You get both Xbox One and Windows 10 version. I really don't understand the obsession with HDR.

TheRed

A question I have. Is it possible to get the Steam controller working in a windows store game? If I got this I would like to play with a controller since that's what Gears is to me, but I don't want to give up mouse aim in multi-player, if steam controller can work I will buy this.

BigEmil

Tempting, i just went back to Windows 8.1 as hated Windows 10 this would be great on Steam instead

jimboton

Very nice but I should be able to play matchmaking pvp with my xbox one friends, as long as I'm using the xbox one controller. Without that one feature game is worthless to me.

It's a PlayAnywhere title so it's crossbuy. You get both Xbox One and Windows 10 version. I really don't understand the obsession with HDR.

Yes, I'm aware, but I have no use for the Xbox-version.

It's not an obsession, but I'm not that into Gears of War in the first place, and as I said, if I'm paying the premium price, I'm expecting a premium product.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

It's not an obsession, but I'm not that into Gears of War in the first place, and as I said, if I'm paying the premium price, I'm expecting a premium product.
It is a premium product. You just aren't into gears. That's all.

Gaogaogao

im even more surprised that this game will have LAN support. for AAA games its all too rare. I want it though.

this game is doing everything right

Niiice! I'm still deciding which version I want to get, but good to know there's that option on PC too.

please support this pc version

Darkangel

Split-screen in general is pretty awesome, but on PC it's even better. You don't have to sacrifice anything if your PC is powerful enough.

It's only $60 isn't it?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Great news. Split screen co-op is and will always be a great thing. Kudos to devs who put in the extra work for this.

PSGames

People still playing splitscreen? (honest question). Especially on pc.

This just solidified my digital purchase. I have my PC hooked up to a projector and I would imagine this maxed out on PC should look and run significantly better than the Xbox One version at 1080p. More PC games should have local multi.

This is awesome! Hopefully this kind of thing becomes common.

Yes. As long as TVs are the primary display device, there will likely always be split screen demand. Monitors of course shrink that a bit, but don't eliminate it completely. Siblings, guests, friends at your house. If the game is fun for two or more players, then split screen is a significant benefit. Depends on the content.

However it is hard to do. We were disappointed to cut that feature on our last game due to tech, time and production constraints. As mentioned in the OP, it's not just perf - UI, networking and other issues all massively increase the footprint of potential issues.

Please get this into Halo 5+1 for PC. I will send candy.

A Microsoft representative and a Sony representative stood on a stage and said "HDR" a bunch of times and now it's essential for every game, apparently. You know, despite the fact that most people don't realize what it actually is, much less own a display that will support it.

I don't know, I hope this obsession passes quick. Not supporting a game because of a lack of HDR that you most likely wouldn't even be able to use is pretty silly in my book. This is coming from someone who owns a 4K HDR TV, btw.

Fatmanp

This is not a feature that I intend to use but the fact that they appear to be putting effort into the PC version has my mouse hovering over the pre-order button on the Win 10 store.

Goddamn, they are putting in so much effort into the PC port that it legit makes me sad that its being sent off to die on a dead ass store where 99% of PC gamers wouldnt even look at it.

Great news but I want to know if I can play one cross play version on my X1 and PC simultaneously.

If not I'll do split screen on PC *providing my 290x can manage it*

Theorry

Great news but I want to know if I can play one cross play version on my X1 and PC simultaneously.

If not I'll do split screen on PC *providing my 290x can manage it*

Nope. Because it uses the account you bought it on. So ones you sign in on Xbox for example it will sign you out on PC.

farisr

Nice. Especially for those people who time and time again have been disappointed with devs having a splitscreen mode for consoles and deciding to omit it from the pc version.

Anyways, already have made plans on on playing through this game on the XB1 next month with a friend entirely in splitscreen co-op.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Jup. Looking good.

MuAoUGG.png

Kinda NEED that UW for splitscreen coop.

I need this exact monitor.

teraMEL0S

This is awesome news. I love having split screen co-op available to me on PC. Thanks to the developers for putting forth the effort.

Zedox

Shouldn't a secondary account be able to access it on the Home Xbox?

No believe not. There was a whole discussion about that in Horizon topic and people tried it with Recore and it didnt work.

Yes, the Home Xbox can play the games if another person is logged on. You can also share PC games from the W10 store as well (using the family account stuff) that's akin to home xbox, you can google it.

I bought ReCore. On my xbox, my fiancé can play ReCore that I bought. I go to my PC, login, and can play ReCore there as well. It does not work if one is using the same account to play on both PC/Xbox.

Theorry

Will it have hdr on Xbox S and PC?

Xbox One S Yes. PC not at launch. Maybe added later if there is much demand.

Yes, the Home Xbox can play the games if another person is logged on. You can also share PC games from the W10 store as well (using the family account stuff) that's akin to home xbox, you can google it.

I bought ReCore. On my xbox, my fiancé can play ReCore that I bought. I go to my PC, login, and can play ReCore there as well. It does not work if one is using the same account to play on both PC/Xbox.

Then i stand corrected.

Lylo

I never played a Gears of War game before and wasn't interested in this new version until now, but split screen co-op makes it a no-brainer for me, i have to support this kind of attitude from the devs.

Top Bottom