• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4's campaign will have split-screen co-op on PC

pr0cs

Doesn't even look like the ms store has a landing page for the pc version.

Contrary to popular belief I do plan on buying the pc version, not all of us give a shit about the UWP hand-wringing

I wish there was a way to split out like in portal 2 where you can split out the split screen between 2 monitors.

But this is awesome pc version is really looking like a great way to play GoW for the first time.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Doesn't even look like the ms store has a landing page for the pc version.

Contrary to popular belief I do plan on buying the pc version, not all of us give a shit about the UWP hand-wringing

Both stores were unified. That page you see is for both versions.

Edit: Hmmm... Store page states "for Xbox One". Weird that Forza Horizon 3 has a unified store page, but GoW4 doesn't. Buying it should still give you the PC version, because of Play Anywhere.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Please let split screen work at 21:9. That would be perfect.

yeah I'm seriously trying to debate how to get me that UW monitor they showed just because of this game.

I would get it had it not been for vacation coming up soon.

Damn. Guess I need to work overtime. I kinda need this glorious thing that is G-Sync UW

samred

I can't create new threads at GAF, but here's my report on Gears 4's PC build. It includes a giant sidebar of every visual option toggle, which I'll go ahead and c+p here:

Dynamic resolution scaling (turn on/off, pick a percentage)
Enable async compute
Enable tiled resources
Lock/unlock frame limit
Disable vsync
Field of view
Display performance stats
Character texture detail
World texture detail
Effects texture detail
Lighting texture detail
Texture filtering (up to 16x anisotropic)
Anti-aliasing quality
Temporal AA sharpening
Foliage draw distance
World level of detail
Character level of detail
Motion blur quality
Motion blur intensity
Light shaft quality
Light scattering quality
Lens flare quality
Bloom quality
Shadow quality
Capsule shadow quality
Screen space shadow quality
Ambient occlusion quality
Ambient occlusion intensity
Post process quality
Screen space reflections
Enable environment reflections
Enable refractions
Particle spawn rate
Sharpening

Additionally, we confirmed offline LAN play and other awesome perks in the game. Check it out at Ars: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...line-lan-free-matchmaking-dlc-smooth-4k-on-pc

AlStrong

Kinda NEED that UW for splitscreen coop.

I need this exact monitor.

hm... I guess they'd need a split-screen toggle for left-right split or top-bottom.

It would be pretty weird with UW still (7:6 aspect per player, left-right split) as you would see much more above/below if they kept the horizontal FOV at least equal to what they default to for a 16:9 res.

Tecnniqe

Banned
hm... I guess they'd need a split-screen toggle for left-right split or top-bottom.

It would be pretty weird with UW still (7:6 aspect per player, left-right split) as you would see much more above/below if they kept the horizontal FOV at least equal to what they default to for a 16:9 res.

But, science?

I can't create new threads at GAF, but here's my report on Gears 4's PC build. It includes a giant sidebar of every visual option toggle, which I'll go ahead and c+p here:

Additionally, we confirmed offline LAN play and other awesome perks in the game. Check it out at Ars: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...line-lan-free-matchmaking-dlc-smooth-4k-on-pc
Thank you so much for the information and links!
Can you comment on this?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217396448&postcount=105

Darkangel

Only?

It's $80 here, but even $60 is a premium price.

Maybe if you're used to indie/mobile games or only buying during Steam sales. $60 USD seems to be about the going rate for a new release on console/PC.

I'm in Canada so I understand the pain of $80 games, but we're not really paying more than anyone since 60 USD = 80 CAD.

jimboton

People would find a way around it. What they're doing is a good compromise.

People have already found a way around it on console too with xim devices and the like, and no one seems to care too much about it. I'm sure if they really tried they could find a way to enforce controller use when entering a controller playlist on pc for all but those truly committed to cheating.

Peterthumpa

Yes, I'm aware, but I have no use for the Xbox-version.

It's not an obsession, but I'm not that into Gears of War in the first place, and as I said, if I'm paying the premium price, I'm expecting a premium product.

Holy shit what the hell is happening with this forum. So a non-HDR AAA game now is not premium? Fucking LOL.

Holy shit what the hell is happening with this forum. So a non-HDR AAA game now is not premium? Fucking LOL.

Oh, I didn't mean that.

I expect the same product if I'm paying the same premium price of $80. There are some things you reasonably can't expect; but I don't think HDR is one of them in this case.

Top Bottom