• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War E-Day Has Been Announced!

Fess

Matthew Mcconaughey Crying GIF

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Marcus and Dom confirmed gay? Jokes aside let's hope it plays like the og trilogy too.
My guess is it’ll be far more like gears 1, and focus on the horror aspect. Krill will be pants pooping.

Plus this day will be all new to the characters first meeting their foe. Unsure how to fight or what it is they’re fighting.

Fans have been asking for a gears story that’s more horror like in tone. This game can deliver that.

acm2000

Currently playing through gears ultimate to get the achievements so can't wait for this, gears 4 was such trash but 5 was back to being great.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hardware raytraced lighting, reflections and shadows, next generation destruction and gore, and cutting-edge animation technology

Sounds awesome. Probably a ways off tho.

Loved the first three Gears and this direction is a nice surprise.

Any indication as to how long it’s been in development? The Coalition haven’t released anything since 5+ DLC. Hope it’s not years off.

Stafford

So wtf was Shinobi602 talking about a while ago when he said we aren't ready for Gears 6? He was implying he saw something, clearly he didn't. And on Twitter he reacted surprised about this one so....wtf.

djjinx2

So make this multi platform, then bring a gears 1 to 5 collection out, THEN Gears 6.

Smart move, easy money.

It does look like MS are happy selling Xbox fans GamePass instead of exclusives now. Making up extra/lost revenue from other platforms. Again time will tell.

The trailer looked fucking top! Really hope MP is good, always loved the movement in it, same way I loved KZ movement

DeaDPo0L84

So are they just giving up on the new storyline? Lol

Should do the same with Halo tbh
Both franchises were taken in a direction that was for the most part uninteresting. Gears and Halo are two of Xbox's biggest franchise. If completely starting over and going back to its roots is what it takes to revitalize them so be it.

BlackTron

Despite that we have no gameplay, at least they're making some very right decisions and the footage was in-engine. Looks nice.

reinking

Gold Member
I was kind of hoping for a collection since I have not played through all of them. This might be motivation? Probably not with it being a prequel. Which is a smart decision since it takes the burden off of new players that are unfamiliar with the lore.

While this game is highly appreciated, I just hope that they at least finish the cliffhanger story from 5. It doesn't matter how much people don't like the new characters, they set up a 3-part story and they need to end it.
I enjoyed 5 but let's be honest everyone wanted a E-day prequel with these two.

SkylineRKR

I had a lot of fun with Gears 5, but it lacked the raw and bleak feeling of the original trilogy. It was way too upbeat, and probably focus tested.

E-Day seems to go back to the roots. There used to be an abundance of dudebro but today I miss it.

Top Bottom