• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War E-Day Has Been Announced!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
8rlejBB.png

giphy.gif
confused-huh.gif

Goalus

Im early and would already put it above 3 and Judgment.
I found the first act of Gears 4 particularly exciting, even though not much is happening there. Everything is clean and peaceful, sun is shining, no encounters except for the occasional guard bots.... but as the player I know that something horrible is probably going to happen any moment.

Judgment is Gears gameplay with Painkiller pacing - as a spinoff I liked it a lot, but I wouldn't compare it to the mainline entries.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I found the first act of Gears 4 particularly exciting, even though not much is happening there. Everything is clean and peaceful, sun is shining, no encounters except for the occasional guard bots, but as the player I know that something horrible is probably going to happen any moment.
Its just cool after 4 games of similar stuff to see such a great art style and lore change. And they still pay respect to the past. I was expecting it to be bad but its pretty awesome. Anyway ...

Last edited:

Goalus

Its just cool after 4 games of similar stuff to see such a great art style and lore change. And they still pay respect to the past.
Exactly.
As a Gears lore fanatic, part 4 and 5 feel like heaven. Wait until you progress further - you'll meet some old friends. And many of the collectibles tell small story-snippets or reference something from the past.
Not too sure on that one. I definitely felt it was all around better than Judgment.
Yep, sorry my bad - I wasn't including Judgment in that statement.

Last edited:

K' Dash

They could do whatever games they want about those 14 years.

I wonder I were going to see something about the Pendulum wars, since it starts way before E day, but ends right after it.

I preferred Gears 4 and Gears 5 over 2 and 3. The original is probably still the best imho. The sequels just got too bogged down in the stale formula that every AAA game was using during that generation.

Hopefully this keeps and expands upon some of the new things 4 and 5 introduced.

YuLY

We are so back. Finally a game for real gamers, not some lil missy pushed for woke points and semi-open world barren areas.

I get the feeling from the tone of the trailer that they will also go for a more horror atmosphere like in the first game. My most anticipated game from the showcase.

One of the greatest video game trailers of all time.

When he runs to grab the lancer and the mad world tune kicks in, reminds me of so much OG X360 marketing.

when Marcus sticks him with the blade end, I’m struck with that 2006 hope of Xbox coming back to defeat the PlayStation 5 locust beasts and put us back ontop

It's legit surreal, beyond surreal to think it's been almost 20 years since the first game.

But this is an idea I always wanted to see them do, it's great to be back.

Vick

Gold Member
This announcement and Trailer were straight out of a dream for me. The very best possible scenario they could possibly come up with, right here materialized.

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

Brought me right back to the 360 days when Gears meant excitement, in an instant. So extremely rare to feel like this these days, I really missed that.
Can't wait for gameplay, hope they keep up with the perfection showed here.

Love that they are going back to their roots. The series turned into a cartoon circus. This looks like the dark horror of the original

In this UE5? The shot at the end looked great

Last edited:

WorldHero

Nice, I thought they wouldn’t go back to the OG roots until they finished the last trilogy. Not mad at this decision, but I do wonder what the canon conclusion to Gears 5 will end up being in the future.

Top Bottom