• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Judgement |OT| Brothers from the beginning, Bros till the end

see5harp

I was going to grab it at redbox but I should probably just wait for my Gamefly copy. Getting sorta hyped to play multiplayer although I did get a lot of that desire out with Gears 3 the last couple weekends.

ultim8p00

Banned
I'm getting tired of playing Marvel and COD, and I was looking to get into a new series. I beat Gears 3, and messed around in multiplayer a bit but ultimately put it aside because I never had a good time because I played with randoms.

You guys think I should get into this? What's the learning curve like?

Nothing like a GAF hype thread to make me go from "not interested in this game at all" to "gonna buy it today."

AND the season pass, which I've never even bought before for any game.

Teknoman

About the diving off higher areas (something I really wanted in past Gears, especially 3): Is it a context action, or can you walk right off?

see5harp

I'm getting tired of playing Marvel and COD, and I was looking to get into a new series. I beat Gears 3, and messed around in multiplayer a bit but ultimately put it aside because I never had a good time because I played with randoms.

You guys think I should get into this? What's the learning curve like?

It should be a less steep learning curve just based on controls and not needing to get actives, but from that video posted above, the great players are still going to be great. It's significantly tougher than COD IMO.

oO Arekkz Oo

Neo Member
This is probably obvious, but just in case, there's a couple of secret passageways in the Library map. The first one leads to behind the clock face and lets you see over the entire walkway down below (and there's a sniper up there). Then the second one I used to loop round behind the enemy team when I'm pinned down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsxkDEu3EMM

Xamdou

Alright ya'll I wasn't planning on getting this but GAF has convinced me to get it. It is the last Gears game before next-gen hits and I've been of the series for so long. My GT: Is Xamdou, I'll be on tonight after work!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Tinypic is banned. Can you rehost with imgur?

IQnsB2W.png

Danny 117

Just get my copy from the postbox. Now waiting for my coop partners to begin the campaign.

I have Download Key for Gears of War 1 to give away as i own the game on disc and as a German i might not be able to use the key. The game is on the index here in Germany and therefore might blocked with IP restrictions on the Xbox Live Marketplace. The code is from the Austrian version of the game and may not work worldwide. Please help me to choose a person that really deserves the key.

I'm pretty curious to try it out before Judgment. I was introduced to the series in Gears 3 and £10 is steep for the likes of me :p

Maybe do a guess the number or something?

ultim8p00

Banned
It should be a less steep learning curve just based on controls and not needing to get actives, but from that video posted above, the great players are still going to be great. It's significantly tougher than COD IMO.

Well, as long as it takes more skill to play. I love COD, but it basically boils down to who sees who first usually. I might give this a shot.

Feindflug

4,000 microsoft points?!?!?!?

four thousand??!?!

I'm getting the game at launch but this is insane...4000 points for a 108kb unlock key? just fuck you MS and Epic.

Of course I won't spent a single point in this game, if they fuck it up like Gears 3 with non-DLC/no dedicated servers playlists I'll just trade it in.

see5harp

Well, as long as it takes more skill to play. I love COD, but it basically boils down to who sees who first usually. I might give this a shot.

Rent it. I've already got a gamefly copy in the mail. I find $60 absurd unless you actually end up playing multiplayer.

Grisby

Played about an hour or so of the SP. It's pretty damn good. Everything feels really fast and the points system seems really cool.

I also like the darker tone. Going through the first level is making me reminisce about the first Gears. Everything feels more tense and a bit more horror like.

Checked in a few games of team death match and well, the verdict is still out. Maps are extremely more vertical than any Gears. I almost feel like my character is going to start pulling some Uncharted hijinks. Everything is designed to be faster paced and well, I don't know. Sure, I can manage to loot a gnasher off of someones corpse and still rock a lancer but it's not the same.

Also, pressing B to execute in the SP is throwing me off.

I also like the darker tone. Going through the first level is making me reminisce about the first Gears. Everything feels more tense and a bit more horror like.
Now this perks me back up. I'm in it for campaign and have a freshly delivered copy in my backpack right now.

Looking forward to this.

All the marketplace, double XP, VIP, and skins stuff can fuck right off. Its embarrassing and kindof insulting. Luckily it shouldn't mess with my enjoyment.

JB1981

Nor ever planning to. Gaf will be Gaf. Some of us actually still play games, but a lot just like to bitch about the latest anti-consumer blah blah "industry".

Glad to see all the positive impressions. Overrun was great during the demo, excited to try the full release in a few hours.

RJ you better be on!!!

how is the game?

Z3M0G

So are people freaking out yet about the VIP lobby where season pass buyers get their double XP... likely resulting in standard lobbies someday becoming ghost towns, forcing players to pay 20 extra dollars to play in a stable community?

...because they fucking well should be...

Spitz

I'm pretty curious to try it out before Judgment. I was introduced to the series in Gears 3 and £10 is steep for the likes of me :p

Maybe do a guess the number or something?

Since noone else is interested you can have the code I will pm you the code in the next minutes.

Edit: You have Gears 1 already on your Gamer Card?

ShogunX

So are people freaking out yet about the VIP lobby where season pass buyers get their double XP... likely resulting in standard lobbies someday becoming ghost towns, forcing players to pay 20 extra dollars to play in a stable community?

More likely the other way around. Not many people are going to be buying the season pass after the last Gears pass was pretty terrible value in the end.

Not everything is worth getting angry about. Especially optional DLC fluff.

I ain't bought the season pass, but I know what is going to push me to it.... The dam map pack early exclusive!

Never would I buy those armor skins! They are pretty much covered up!!!

I unlocked the skeleton one and that's me done :)

So what have you guys gotten for your first Epic Prizebox (if you got one)?

I got the Xbox skin (the green animated one) for both the Hammerbursts.

Kabuto

My copy just arrived. Hopping onto multiplayer after I install to the game to my hdd. Play with me!

GT: Donaldduck287

Grisby

Small little detail but on the Gondola map the surrounding water looks like shit. Like one big flat texture or something. I haven't gotten to any water stuff in the SP mode but I'll be curious to see how it looks.

Small bitching but I love Gear's look and when I was playing on that map it was a bit weird.
So what have you guys gotten for your first Epic Prizebox (if you got one)?

I got the Xbox skin (the green animated one) for both the Hammerbursts.
Onyx skin for lancer. Eh.

Majanew

Banned
Only played one TDM game and on the map Gondola. Felt good and the verticality of the map and being able to jump down just felt better than any Gears maps before.

jay23

so i have to be a gold member to play the demo? i used up a 2 day trial just so i can download and play but still dont have access to it.

anyway around this?

2San

So I played me some of that overrun demo. Pretty sure the Gnasher shoots slower, no active takes some getting used to. Needed to get used to the much shorter instagib/2shot range. Movement speed seems slower as well, not sure about that though. The Grenadier is slower(I'm sure about this). I had no problems with the new control scheme, not spamming the tac buttom took some getting used to though.

It's insane how good the breach-shot is. I was always trash with the longshot, but getting headshots with the breach-shot is pretty damn simple.

Overrun while decent fun, gets boring quick imo. On the locust side it's pretty much to ticker rush to win. I want to try some proper versus modes.

I think I'll get it, it still feels like Gears and I do have the money I guess. We definitely need a Gears gamertag though, since my mates aren't getting it.

Top Bottom