• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

I'm probably shittier than both of you. I frequently end up with no kills and am often dead weight on a winning team.

1 on 1 matches end up being stat boosters for the opposing player.

I just played a match that was shotguns only in the house map, I just pulled in 6 kills and 1 death. Lets see how other matches go I guess.

In close range battles, this isn't gears 3, don't hard aim (L) just use the center of the screen and imagine a crosshairs right in the middle. Keep doing this until it becomes natural and you'll start winning the majority of your shotgun battles

pizzacat

Banned
In close range battles, this isn't gears 3, don't hard aim (L) just use the center of the screen and imagine a crosshairs right in the middle. Keep doing this until it becomes natural and you'll start winning the majority of your shotgun battles
I've been pop shorting tbh.

Btw like in gears 1, blind firing boom is better than aiming it lol

leeh

Is there a way to get this if you bought it in the UK? Reading this makes me so sad.

EDIT: Think I've actually managed it.

Syriel

So how do I access my free copy of Gears 1? I'm in the preview program.

I seem to read that Judgement is also BC now.

Like the announcement says, the free games will be available once BC officially launches.

Being in the preview program has nothing to do with the Gears offer.

I'll keep editing this list but
Unlockable (as of this moment)
Sam
Dizzy
Prescott
Miner
Beast Rider
Kantus
Jace (just saw a level 25 with him)

Preorder
Adam Fenix
Civvie anya
Aaron Griffin
Unarmoured Marcus
Savage drone
Savage grenadier elite
Savage kantus
Savage theron
Golden Hunter
Golden Miner

Speculation
Regular anya
Regular Hunter

Thrashball Cole is unlocked if you played the beta.

TMWNN35

Tips for MP from a player that isn't the greatest shotgunner out there (getting better though).

Turn your sensitivity down, this will hurt you a bit in CQB with a shotgun but makes getting mid range hits with lancer and snub much easier especially on a quick moving target. You can gradually turn it back up as you get more comfortable with the gnasher, or just keep it low and learn to play around it like I have, you can still do well with a shotgun + low sensitivity.

You can be a big help to your team by staying a little back from the enemy and lancering while your shotgun equipped teammates push up. You force them to stay in cover and make it that much easier for glancing shotgun hits to become downs when you support with the lancer, you wont get as many kills but you might get less frustrated. Also chainsawing can work great to get easy kills as people round corners and due to the shotgun dominance people often don't expect it. When you are doing this though make sure to keep an eye on your flanks.

Play king of the hill, you can out a lot of pressure on the cap points by shooting in there with a lancer. You can also score a lot of point by breaking and holding caps.

I'm getting paired up with rogue teammates. I can only get so many triple kills.

This game is so damn smooth though. So glad I picked it up. Well done, The Coalition.

Anyone up to party up: Icedburden is my GT

pizzacat

Banned
I'm getting paired up with rogue teammates. I can only get so many triple kills.

This game is so damn smooth though. So glad I picked it up. Well done, The Coalition.

Anyone up to party up: Icedburden is my GT
Talking about triple kills, if you get one the game auto records it for you and legit froze my screen one of the times lol

But for some reason it doesn't show up on my feed

pizzacat

Banned
Trashball cole is in
Yea I edited him in I just wanted to state that thrashball drone is in too not much people know because it was the last day of the beta

maxresdefault.jpg

DOWN

Banned
Nobody puts as much into remaster visuals as Microsoft and I sure appreciate it. It's really nice seeing this game again.

see5harp

I feel like the score is fair but if you're going to judge remasters in that manner then pretty much all of them should go through that criteria. I mean plenty of remasters are coming out that don't have nearly as much close to as much work put into them regardless of how the gameplay have evolved within the genre.

EDIT: and yes Jeff Gerstman sucks all sorts of ass in Gears but that's what Horde mode was for.

Kei-

So is execution only first to 4? 'cause we used to play 19 rounds 2 mins on Gears 1, so you can see how that's too little for me. I'd like first to 11, or 7 at the very least. I saw first to 7 for gnasher 2v2, are there different round limit playlists for execution?

pizzacat

Banned
So is execution only first to 4? 'cause we used to play 19 rounds 2 mins on Gears 1, so you can see how that's too little for me. I'd like first to 11, or 7 at the very least. I saw first to 7 for gnasher 2v2, are there different round limit playlists for execution?
No but they're willing to experiment for events.

Regulations is 4, casual is 5.

I'm okay with the rounds tho

VinFTW

Only negative review. A fuckin 2? Really? lol

Gotta disagree with Jeff for once.

A $40 remaster with new content (for consoles), a remastered campaign with remade assets and updated MP + DLC maps gets a 2/5?

Someone else should have reviewed it, especially when you say it's "half-baked". This is more well done than most. I'd love for him to review Dishonered: Definitive Edition now. THAT's a 2/5 effort.

w/e, not much you can do about it, damage is already done.

2/5 for a rather solid port and visual upgrade while the master chief collection get's a 4/5 from them? lol

*edit* sorry that was user score, they never reviewed it in the end.

Top Bottom