• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

Madness

You meant best part.

Next time just buy digital and you'll preload the title and have it ready to go at midnight launch day.

I like physical copies. I also have younger cousins who like to borrow my games when I'm done. Sounds stupid but I like owning tangible stuff like Blu-rays and games. Though I think I'll probably go all digital next gen if I'm still playing games by then.

charsace

lol.

Gears 3 multiplayer is awful and MP is why people play Gears. The original Gears was and remains the standard-bearer for GoW MP and I'm happy as hell to have it back. Suggesting that's not enough value runs counter to the reason why people wanted the remake in the first place: to play those maps and others in HD/60.

You're crazy. Gears 3 is one of the best team multiplayer games around. Every weapon in the game has a use and the maps are well made. In gears 1 the sniper and shotgun were dominant and the lancer was almost useless.

Been seriously impressed with how much better the campaign looks. Obviously a ton of work went into it, was not expecting this level of upgrade.

kingwingin

It's sad to see how they removed rain from the multiplayer maps like mansion and bullet marsh. But I guess that was an effect that wouldn't allow them to hit 60fps if enabled.

pizzacat

Banned
Gears 3 mp being awful? lol what is it about gears that makes people spew their shitty opinion

btw thrashball drone unlocked for me

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Really having a great time with this.

Played online last night for around 4 hours.

Great fun, no noticeable lag and memories came rolling back when playing maps I haven't seen for years.

It's just good old fashioned GOW. It's a nice change from GOW3 multiplayer (Which I loved, but sometimes sawn off and retro got annoying).

Warxard

Banned
Gears 1 and Gears 3 MP are completely different yet they don't tract away from the traditional play style like Judgment did.

Brother bought this, loaded up campaign, and man, I thought this was gonna be 60fps but it was 30, seemingly sometimes less. Weird. At least the MP runs great.

CrewShadow

Has anyones clips that have been recorded actually be uploaded at all? or is it sorta like Hardline where it didn't work for a couple days or so most the time.

NateDrake

Has anyones clips that have been recorded actually be uploaded at all? or is it sorta like Hardline where it didn't work for a couple days or so most the time.

My clips are in the DVR but can't be saved. I was kind of disappointed the game didn't auto-record my double-kill with the Torque Bow. Two folks online got too close to each other and went boom with that one arrow.

tim1138

You get it in act 1 fairly early on. It's not as fun to use immediately because its used on a stationary object that doesn't gib. Later on is way more fun.

I used it during the sequence when you save Alpha Squad as well, when you're up on the balcony. It's fun to run it through the bad guys.

There really should be some sort of newb friendly rankings or something to keep these freaking gears savages at bay. It's so obvious when you're playing against dudes who have played this forever. I'm just stoked whenever I somehow kill someone while the guy on the other team has 14 kills easy

.la1n

They did such a great job with this remaster. It looks and feels just like I remember the original when I first played it. That's the kind of remaster I can get behind. Only complaint I have is the load times are a little rough.

There really should be some sort of newb friendly rankings or something to keep these freaking gears savages at bay. It's so obvious when you're playing against dudes who have played this forever. I'm just stoked whenever I somehow kill someone while the guy on the other team has 14 kills easy

You need to be forged in the fire like the rest of us. I would die a million times a match but eventually you get good.

Madness

honestly

sawed off shotgun aside not sure how this is a better game than gears 3 mp lul

Is it supposed to be? One game came out in 2006, the other came out nearly 5 years later. One is the first, the other is the second sequel.

I honestly would have preferred the refinements of Gears 3 as well, but I'm not playing Gears of War 3: Ultimate Edition, this is Gears of War 1: Ultimate Edition.

The_Afroman

Anyone having issue with the physical copy installing? About 20% in.. My drive goes crazy and it stops. I try again and again.. Nothing. Even wiped the bit of data installed and started again.

No other game has done this on my one.

Koeta

So this may have been answered already but where do you get the Gears of War 1/2/3/Judgment digital copies?

Anyone having issue with the physical copy installing? About 20% in.. My drive goes crazy and it stops. I try again and again.. Nothing. Even wiped the bit of data installed and started again.

No other game has done this on my one.

Heard my drive do all kinds of shit at 11% but I let it be and it fully installed.

Shady859

Glad to hear MP is working good mine won't arrive till tomorrow but oh well I can wait.

Looking at these sold prices for preorder skins on Ebay...... People are dumb.... Lol

Koeta

When backwards compatibility capability goes live this fall, you'll see them whenever they become available.

damn :(
I thought it was going to give everyone on launch day access to it, I never played Judgment was going to knock it out lol.

splattered

Uhmm anyone else not receive their Amazon pre-order code for the physical release? I should have a couple for the wife and I but nada..

Gnasher is this weird hybrid Barrel/Center screen nonsense...

just tested it on a private match with some buds, thing is SOOOOOOOO inconsistent.

And the official gears forums only confirm this.

When I try starting a ranked execution match, I get "Exit Matchmaking - Please wait" and does not go away. Why am I getting this?

Also, can you view other players' stats?

Thanks!

Question about the gnasher. People have said that when firing from the hip, you don't actually aim at your target but the center of the screen? Can someone explain that? Is it the same as using iron sights too? It's been a long time since I have played.

just tested it on a private match with some buds, thing is SOOOOOOOO inconsistent.

Yup and people told me its a bad connection match lol...

I hope the fix/improve it soon.

MaGlock

Really? I thought they would fix this from the beta. Shotty is instrumental in gears 1

What I've learned in my experiment:

Position enemy to right of player model

Look Down (reticle would more or less be on someone's shins or just below the knees)

Align player model right shoulder to upper torso of enemy

Hipfire (muy importante)

Repeat until one of you dies.

Like seriously, the angles and hitboxes will make your head spin. Buddy was right next to me shooting me DRAWING BLOOD MIND YOU and I was taking zero damage...WTF.

Top Bottom