• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

Dazzler

A TDM took forever to matchmake last night. Took about 5 minutes to matchmake and eventually start the match.

I loaded up the game for the first time last night and tried to get into three different matches

Game left me sitting on a spinning COG screen with no way out

I just assumed online was down or something

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
This remaster, more than anything, shows how difficult of an adjustment it is for new players to get acquainted with Gears...hahahaha
Played two matches (of KOTH) and didn't even get a shot off before getting killed mere moments after respawning... Yeah, I don't think I'm touching MP in this game ever again.
Why are you playing KOTH? Play TDM or Social Warzone...

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Anyone kinda sad that the boltok or hammer isn't on any of the Execution maps?
Yeah, I don't know why they took them out. The Boltok was awesome. And no hammer on Fuel Depot really takes away from the map overall, and I don't even use the hammer (I still love Fuel Depot though).

CrewShadow

Yeah, I don't know why they took them out. The Boltok was awesome. And no hammer on Fuel Depot really takes away from the map overall, and I don't even use the hammer (I still love Fuel Depot though).

Yeah. I feel like some of the maps without the hammer just aren't the same. Like Rooftops everyone just rushes to the other side to have a shotgun battle most the time. Fuel Depot is alright but there isn't the fear of the Hammer coming down on you randomly and killing you. Then we get to Garden...Which is just horrible without the hammer.

M52B28

Banned
The trash talk in this game in unparalleled at times.
That's what made the game so great online.

Waiting until after the match where you mopped up the enemy team to talk trash, and then they object what you're saying because you have "host" or got lucky. The community is toxic, but its got that mutual kind of toxic. You know the person is good, but you still call them trash just to get back at them.

That's what made the game so great online.

Waiting until after the match where you mopped up the enemy team to talk trash, and then they object what you're saying because you have "host" or got lucky. The community is toxic, but its got that mutual kind of toxic. You know the person is good, but you still call them trash just to get back at them.

Well yeah, if I get killed it's because my team sucks and I just can't carry them despite heroic efforts.

That's mostly true though.

Ballistik

Courtyard needs to go! Worst map, ever!

You mean Bullet Marsh, that map takes the crown for worst map in the game. Gears 3's version made the map bearable, but this one is just bad. Rooftops could be another candidate, it will only work for me if the hammers are gone. Had a bad experience with getting spawn killed with the hammer. Courtyard gets ugly only if you have bad teammates, it requires a ton more teamwork than other maps.

Favorite Maps: Clocktower, War Machine, Raven Down, Old Bones, and Mansion

Anyways, it's looking like a Gears weekend for me! No plans, so I'll be online grinding for XP all weekend.

OrangeOak

they need to remove these sandbags on respawns in 2v2 execution. Some people are just camping there and it's really hard to play.

Madness

What's the quick record buttons again? I had this beautiful 4 kill in a row, 2 no-scope longshot headshots as I'm being rushed or shot at, and then gnasher headshot and an over cover gnasher kill that was spectacular. But I forgot how to record. I pressed like guide twice and x or guide twice and down but the damn snap came up and it just effed everything up. Last time I used feature was Halo 5 beta so I forgot. It would've been amazing to see again.

Nope, Courtyard! Spawn is unprotected. Ridiculous!

I like Courtyard but the balance of power is pretty ridiculous. If you gain the high ground, you have access to Hammer, Snippy Riffle and 'Nades. At the bottom is a Boom but that's it. You can watch from the top of the map where they spawn and where they're heading to.

What Courtyard needs are underground tunnels at spawn. From spawn, you enter the tunnel and make your way towards Boom or the 'nades.

vac

Neo Member

FDf1DxZ.gif

Madness said:
What's the quick record buttons again? I had this beautiful 4 kill in a row, 2 no-scope longshot headshots as I'm being rushed or shot at, and then gnasher headshot and an over cover gnasher kill that was spectacular. But I forgot how to record. I pressed like guide twice and x or guide twice and down but the damn snap came up and it just effed everything up. Last time I used feature was Halo 5 beta so I forgot. It would've been amazing to see again.
Double tap Xbox/Home button + X. It can be a bit slow sometimes and you have to get timing right.

.la1n

Finished up single player on normal finally. I wanted to get that completed before I moved on to multiplayer. It was my first play through of the brumak section, that area really felt unpolished to me compared to the rest. It does help bridge the story better though so I can appreciate it for that. General Raam was a pushover on normal, looking forward to a hardcore run. Overall props to the coalition for retaining the feeling of playing the original for the first time, I think the series is in good hands.

goldenpp72

Thought it might be fun to post a video of me sharing my revenge video of a kill thief I just rescued, rarely does karma react so quickly :p

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...035&authkey=!APw1nbCipmHTWjg&ithint=video,mp4

I took the time to upload another one since it was late, but the one below was a quadruple kill, it might have been the one to save the game. Unfortunately they don't record voices but my team mates waiting to spawn were cheering and screaming :p

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...036&authkey=!AJ4zAeIHzQOhmAM&ithint=video,mp4

Playing through it a bit more, the campaign is great but its still not nearly the dark horror-fest people make it out to be. It just has more of that isolated feeling than Gears 3 (and Judgment) had, I still think Gears 2 did that tone better due to the Sires section in particular.

Its great though, impresses me how much the animations have held up, the new graphics look really great.

The only issue with it as others have said is Dom's terrible AI, he's much worse than even Baird/Cole/Kim/Carmine, they really should have made some attempt to fix that even if they just gave him a much higher damage threshold when he's an AI

Playing through it a bit more, the campaign is great but its still not nearly the dark horror-fest people make it out to be. It just has more of that isolated feeling than Gears 3 (and Judgment) had, I still think Gears 2 did that tone better due to the Sires section in particular.

Its great though, impresses me how much the animations have held up, the new graphics look really great.

The only issue with it as others have said is Dom's terrible AI, he's much worse than even Baird/Cole/Kim/Carmine, they really should have made some attempt to fix that even if they just gave him a much higher damage threshold when he's an AI

The only real problem I had with the AI on Insane solo was sections where dom could actually die. The berserker stepped on downed dom like 5 times. Other than that I just used the ai as distractions to snipe the drones

Top Bottom