• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
Btw, playing around with her and I fucking hate her dodge. It has a much longer recovery that fucks up fast switching. Really don't feel her.
I didn't find the jump from WL 5 to 6 to as bad as the other WL increases, but that could be because I was better prepared. I'm ready to do the AR50 quest, so we'll see how that goes.

The factors I would consider:

1. Are your main DPS units close to or at Lvl 80? Are their talents at a decent level? Support character levels aren't as important.
2. How are you currently handling bosses? I think they're around lvl 73/74 at WL 5, and will increase to the lvl 83/84 at WL 6. It's around the same increase (~10 levels) for world enemies as well).

Drops aren't much better at WL6, but you do open the lvl 90 domains if you're interested in farming better artifacts. Lvl 90 domains also guarantee a 5 star artifact drop, although that doesn't help with crappy stats/sub stats.

If you're worried, try the ascension quest and if you find it difficult, just bail on it. You can always coma back when you're better equipped with characters and resources.
No, I mean. I would go and do ascension quest, get the free stuff and immediately bring down WL to what it was. I don't have time nor patience to chip away HP to Boreas and such. Still, I'm afraid there might be something I didn't consider and to fuck up my game irredeemably.

Dregnel

In my opnion, physical should be the best 1v1 dps by quite a large margin. The idea of using elements should be to do group damage, specific elemental damage vs. an elemental weak enemy, or reaction damage. There should be a notable hit to overall damage to get all of that versatility. As it is, physical is the weakest damage type, has no reactions (other than shatter I guess, if you count that for claymores), and has no CC or tertiary effects. The whole elemental system is just really poorly designed, unless you're Klee. When's the last time you said "boy, I should build a team around hydro resonance"?
yeah i'm not conviced with physical damage in this game where everything is about elemental reactions, also physical damage only scale with auto attacks, they need to rework this system.

crumbs

Btw, playing around with her and I fucking hate her dodge. It has a much longer recovery that fucks up fast switching. Really don't feel her.

No, I mean. I would go and do ascension quest, get the free stuff and immediately bring down WL to what it was. I don't have time nor patience to chip away HP to Boreas and such. Still, I'm afraid there might be something I didn't consider and to fuck up my game irredeemably.
I see. I think that feature only lowers for the WL for a day, so you would need to remember to lower every time you play.

Reactions: Fuz

Dregnel

DhR1TlS.png
uHmYZyU.png

the housing area seems really big.

BlackM1st

Banned
Really don't feel her.
She's there only for her taunt and ultimate. I'm used to her dash because I'm enjoying open world exploration with her, but yeah, compared to Xiao's mobility she's a total scrub and very gimped.

fuck up my game irredeemably.
Check if your WL will continue to rise even higher automatically when you hit next hero ranks.
the housing area seems really big.
I think it being in the pocket universe is all around great decision and opens up unlimited opportunities.

Pejo

This is what I've been saying for months, specifically to those that are saving for Ayaka without realizing what the dash is actually like in real gameplay.

• Strength
In-game it says:
"After reaching World Level 5, the option to decrease your World level will become available. You can reduce your World Level by 1. [...] After changing your world level, you cannot change it again for 24 hours. Whether you wish to restore your World Level after decreasing, or decrease it after restoring it, you must wait 24 hours before you can make the change."

In short: you can decrease World Level by 1. Changing world level can only be done once every 24 hours.

I think you should do it. Personally I'm at AR 50 and WL6, and it's perfectly fine. The only trap seems to be when your increase from 6 to 7, because 7 automatically leads to 8 without another ascension quest.

Pejo

Here's a code for 50 primos if you sign in with an alienware account. I tried it and it said they were out, despite the text saying there's still 3000~ left, so YMMV.

• Triggered

YukiOnna

Here's a code for 50 primos if you sign in with an alienware account. I tried it and it said they were out, despite the text saying there's still 3000~ left, so YMMV.

It took me through so many 502 errors before I could make an account that they ran out...

Fuz

Banned

They made me go through the assle of creating an account then they tell me "all out of keys". Those figli della merda.

So I have enough mats to fully level up a character and weapon from level 1. Also got good enough talent upgrade mats for Venti. Good right? No because I am running out of mora now. I have to farm mora from leylines now. The amount of gates this game has to keep blocking you from progressing is unbelievable.

Dregnel

this is game is already so simple and if they keep "fixing" the new tech that users find this shit is going to get pretty repetitive.

Last edited:

Saber

Is something wrong with the music harp event?
In my case, all buttons are squares and the game doesn't respond to any of my buttons.

Also, I wish someday they fix Xynian. How can she be ignored for that long is beyond me...

Last edited:
Is something wrong with the music harp event?
I my case, all buttons are squares and the game doesn't respond to any of my buttons .

Also, I wish someday they fix Xynian. How can she be ignored for that long is beyond...
I came here to say the same thing. Is this a widely known issue? I hope I'm not going to be screwed out of primogems because of this.

Fuz

Banned
Those fuckers screwed up on the lyre minigame controls, just as I expected. Thank god is easy as fuck, but if I had a mihoyo dev in front of me right now I would headbutt him so hard.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I came here to say the same thing. Is this a widely known issue?
Works fine for me on PS5, just did all the music challenges and got all 3 prizes. Funnily enough, earned the most on hardest event lol 2702 for Venti! Probably because it has the most opportunities for combos.

Works fine for me on PS5, just did all the music challenges and got all 3 prizes. Funnily enough, earned the most on hardest event lol 2702 for Venti! Probably because it has the most opportunities for combos.
PS5 can run into the same problem, so it's not just a PS4 thing. I guess consider yourself fortunate that you didn't have any issues. I tried reloading the game, but that didn't work either.

BlackM1st

Banned
Freefall challenge also worked ok. Got the crown already. Event already feels more chill and in the same time more engaging than a tower defense game from Chinese New Year celebration. At least it has the variety. Big improvement in my eyes. Minor thing I noticed: we are finally interacting/seeing other heroes. Even couple lines of text in the score description already makes this event more personalized. I have a feeling MiHo took notice of people's complaints about lack of other heroes during previous events. I hope so. Fetch quests are still shit though.

i got 2500 with amber
Cocogoat can blast the whole balloon clusters in 1 shot and it really trivialize the challenge.

Fuz

Banned
Still have primos for 50 wishes, not sure about pulling. Already got C6 Raz and I'm afraid that mihoyo could throw us a curveball (due to leaks, mostly) and give us what I'm waiting for before I can restock.

I also would really like having Childe, why back to back goddammit. :messenger_loudly_crying:

I knew I shouldn't have started playing another gacha.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
C6 Razor and Mona and Xiao and QiQi? Lmao man, why the F do you want Childe? You definitely need some pyro character or Venti if you want to have a stress free GI experience.

Top Bottom