• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fake

Gold Member
Yeah it doesn't go live until tomorrow? It is funny because for once the thing downloaded at proper speeds.

I guess so. The promisse was day 11, not 10. Maybe Sony asked for them to release the update early for not stress the servers.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I guess so. The promisse was 11, not 10. Maybe Sony asked for release the update one day before the launch for not stress the servers.
I hope we get Apologems for the downtime.

Wait wrong game.

Pejo

Chinese whale tier list, i.e. people who know their shit

Pictured: People that need tier lists in Genshin Impact, a mostly single player game with no PVP.

iu

It'll be playable 10pm EST, at least on PC. I'd imagine ps4 and mobile would all be ready at the same time. As matter a fact, last update was up earlier than their estimated time.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait to get rolls, primogems, artifacts and mora. I'm broke in every single currency in the game. But i got 16 characters, and give 5 stars I guess :messenger_downcast_sweat: .
I'm gonna get Childe and the cat even though I only want Ning just watch. It is the curse of gacha because I've been getting all the characters I want on all my other gachas.

deanote666

I've been able to mostly work through my issue of skipping world level 2, not having many character ascension materials, and being under-leveled for world rank 3 elite bosses. The Pyro Regisvine and the various stasis bosses aren't too bad (especially once you have their attack patterns down), but the Oceanid boss is ridiculous if you're not leveled properly. The water boars regenerate health almost as fast as you damage them and if you take too long, you get nuked with a one shot attacked by the boss. Also, not sure if it's a bug, but the AoE indicators for some of the water animals attacks during that fight don't seem close to accurate. I can be well clear of the indicated zone and still take damage.
I'm properly leveled and Oceanid still wipes the floor with me. That's the only boss I can't beat.

I'm properly leveled and Oceanid still wipes the floor with me. That's the only boss I can't beat.
Oceanid is arguably the worst boss in terms of "you basically need ranged units or ur fucked", although both Razor and Diluc can actually hit the birds that are the most trouble for players who have only melee units. However players with Fischl basically have the Oceanid on Easy difficulty. They are giving everyone a free one though so that will help with the melee only players still trying to do that boss.

crumbs

I'd like another anemo character, all I have is the MC and I'm getting tired of coming across anemo puzzles while "resonating with geo". I never got Venti, Jean, or Sucrose, so hopefully we don't have to wait too long before Xiao is on banner with increased drop rates.

deanote666

Oceanid is arguably the worst boss in terms of "you basically need ranged units or ur fucked", although both Razor and Diluc can actually hit the birds that are the most trouble for players who have only melee units. However players with Fischl basically have the Oceanid on Easy difficulty. They are giving everyone a free one though so that will help with the melee only players still trying to do that boss.
I have fishl with over 1400 attack and Oceanid still wipes the floor with me. AR37. Trying to level up Chongyun as a counter.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I have fishl with over 1400 attack and Oceanid still wipes the floor with me. AR37. Trying to level up Chongyun as a counter.
I just switch between fish and razor/panda and I have no problem with water summoning thing. My fishl's attack is lower than yours. It has a pattern, you can beat it if you keep at it.

You should be able to use Xiangling or any other Pyro unit to Overload and explode the various adds. Some of the adds are annoying as shit though, I always bring a healer to the fight because of how hard and unavoidable some of that damage is. Fortunately the platform sinking phases offer you breaks during the fight where you can heal up.

MagnesG

Banned
I'd like another anemo character, all I have is the MC and I'm getting tired of coming across anemo puzzles while "resonating with geo". I never got Venti, Jean, or Sucrose, so hopefully we don't have to wait too long before Xiao is on banner with increased drop rates.
Oh yeah, that's just the worst. I'm so happy when I got Sucrose lol.

crumbs

Oh yeah, that's just the worst. I'm so happy when I got Sucrose lol.

Last time I whined, it was about not having any pyro characters. I then proceeded to roll Bennett, Klee, and Xiangling, so I'm hoping that my complaining this time will result in a glut of anemo characters :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

deanote666

I managed to get 1.4GB downloaded on android on my 3mbs wifi...

Always fun when I turn off my wifi and warp speed activates. Still had 4.1GB left...

There is even a chance to get him? The banner don't show.
Chinese Geo guy and punk rocker fire chick are coming in the next update. Seems like they only want to do one new 5* character at a time, with one rate up banner to come along with it.

Tried Childe, doesn't seem that great. You can only swap between stances every 15 seconds. That's just too long, you might as well just switch characters. Maybe there's a constellation that decreases this, or farm for artifacts, but that shouldn't be necessary IMO. Just my impressions though, I'm sure people will call him OP soon enough.

crumbs

Had 2x 10 wishes saved up, ended up with a 4 star staff and Diona. Did the play test with her and I'm not sure if I want to invest in her. It's nice to have a bow user with some healing skills, but I'm iffy on how she would work with my current mains.

LOLCats

Banned
Had 2x 10 wishes saved up, ended up with a 4 star staff and Diona. Did the play test with her and I'm not sure if I want to invest in her. It's nice to have a bow user with some healing skills, but I'm iffy on how she would work with my current mains.
bummer, i got a 4* weapon too... its really disappointing when you save up for a while...

Pimpbaa

The compatibility update for PS5 to a allow 60fps is probably gonna make me dive back into this game, especially if it's a near locked 60fps. Although I wonder how long it will take to get a proper PS5 version of the game.

Chinese Geo guy and punk rocker fire chick are coming in the next update. Seems like they only want to do one new 5* character at a time, with one rate up banner to come along with it.

Tried Childe, doesn't seem that great. You can only swap between stances every 15 seconds. That's just too long, you might as well just switch characters. Maybe there's a constellation that decreases this, or farm for artifacts, but that shouldn't be necessary IMO. Just my impressions though, I'm sure people will call him OP soon enough.

One of his constellations lowers the CD on his melee stance I think. That said, Tartaglia is probably meant to be played as a carry, he just has a burst every 15 seconds. The game depends heavily on switching out units to create elemental reactions, so that's 15 seconds to set up your other units with their elemental bursts or heal up if you don't want to stay in his ranged stance.

deanote666

Did a yolo free 10 pull on the new banner and got Diluc and the new cat girl.

Just got Klee on my last free 10 pull too. Lol. Not enough books and mora, lol.

My Ningguan is still level 1 too...

I did 2 multis for fun, first one got me Beidou, second one got me Ning. Not sure if I want to keep trying since I actually want Diona. I already have way, way more mouths than I can even remotely think of feeding at this point. Mihoyo really needs to start giving us more resources to level units.

LOLCats

Banned
I did 2 multis for fun, first one got me Beidou, second one got me Ning. Not sure if I want to keep trying since I actually want Diona. I already have way, way more mouths than I can even remotely think of feeding at this point. Mihoyo really needs to start giving us more resources to level units.
yep think i just spent a million mora lelevling ning. like 260 middle books like 50 purple xp books. wiped out... nothing left lol

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Childe is a terrible boss. Terrible as in broken, specially his second stage. You need to have a level 70+party with maxed out weapons and artifacts to even last against him. Or a Diluc with a earth shield.

Pejo

sedDYmd.png

Tart get! Took me 4 rolls and all my saved primos (and a few purchased wishes with starglitter), but got him. Also got 2 Diona and a Beidou.

I really like his gameplay in the trial stage, it'll be a long ass time until I can use him in regular content at WL5, but I'm super pumped.

Used those Geoculus locators to get the last 2 Geoculi I needed, and holy SHIT that fight at the end of the quest was something. I was mostly fine until the last phase of the hunter and that stone protected by the wind tunnel, but I got my shit pushed in at that part, 2/4 characters died, but I pulled out the win in the end.

Bounty system is kinda cool, I was surprised at the difficulty, it was actually pretty challenging, and especially since they can be immune to your best characters' damage type.

They added "viewpoints" in, seemingly as just a way to make you waste more time going back through all the zones again to get 100% completion. I'm not mad about it, but they could have put more effort in than just touching an icon.

Digging the patch so far! I'm not gonna touch story stuff yet though, just taking my time now that I have actual content to do again.

fersnake

LMAO never do the Abyss then
man im at AR39 i only play it through floor 4 and yesterday try to get to floor 9 for the weekly BP challenge but i couldnt. i got destroyed at F7

my main team is (venti 55, klee 59, chongyun 59, fischl 55) no completed artifact sets (lv4) and not max lvl and the other team i think just the MC is lvl 49, razor 59, barbara 45, xiangling 55. im pretty sure i need to lvl up my characters and lvl up my artifacs.

Top Bottom