• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Georgia special election heads to runoff as Ossoff earns 48% of vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Nate Cohn‏Verified account @Nate_Cohn

Ossoff at 71% of the in-person early vote in DeKalb. Puts Ossoff on track for ~61% of the in-person vote, by our estimates.

that star wars attack ad probably won it for him that shit was hilarious. and if everyone in the district is a mid class tech nerd yuppy type, they'd love that shit too

mo60

i have a feeling cobb county may destroy any chance of ossoff getting over 50% of the vote in the first round.

rjinaz

Nate Cohn‏Verified account @Nate_Cohn 4m4 minutes ago
Replying to @Nate_Cohn

Ossoff running ahead of our Clinton support estimate basically everywhere in DeKalb

I am preparing the tears though nonetheless.

I can't follow the results live.

I have found I only have the mental and emotional capacity to process things once they have already occurred. It is easier on my anxiety to know it already happened - and therefore it is history, if only by 24 hours.

But after November, I can't watch these things unfold live anymore.

I am hoping for good news tonight, although I do not expect it. I am with you all in spirit.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
For those of you who were following this race more closely, what factors went into play so that the original (5?) Democrats were whittled down to just Ossof? Did they go willingly? Pushed out? Organically decided? It's an interesting contrast to the Republicans' strategy in this race.

edit: Oh wait, they're still on the ballot. Was it too late to take them off? Or are they actually still trying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom