• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Georgia special election heads to runoff as Ossoff earns 48% of vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumly

57% in Cobb to Ossoff. It's a win for Ossoff guys, I reckon
In all seriousness. Thompson in Kansas had this big of lead with early vote also. It all came crumbling down after. So we need to see some of the precincts report today's vote before we can see what's going to happen

Is this a senate election? That could be huge if so

It's for a spot in the house, so in terms of numbers it doesn't really mean too much. But at the same time, it is really significant that a Republican-leaning district like this could fall to a Democratic candidate (if that is even what happens, way too earlier to judge that). It shows that Trump really is poisoning R candidates in their election campaigns and could make current house R's maybe a bit more cautious of backing him in the future. Also they will probably get eaten to shreds at town hall meetings even more than they already are.

guek

Banned
Well for what it's worth I called that Trump was gonna be president back in the primaries so my score is good. Though I was a lurker at the time.

xBLXCkz0gSLsTEvUEI7CgxIxl9g=.gif

kirblar

It's a Congressional election, but it's also in a place that swung 20 points in the direction to Clinton in the presidential election after being staunchly Republican for decades. It used to be Newt Gingrich's seat!
The "Run Clinton's campaign strategy (target suburbs) just with...not Hillary" take looks pretty good right about now.

I'm just saying, he's got the hair. he had a decent amount of viral videos. Plus he's a young guy! Plus star wars, everyone loves star wars.

He just went up from 61% to 62% so this must be non early votes now.

Oh he's going back down again to 61.5%

I'm just saying, he's got the hair. he had a decent amount of viral videos. Plus he's a young guy! Plus star wars, everyone loves star wars.

He just went up from 61% to 62% so this must be non early votes now.

Except the GOP it seems. Guess the Empire reminds them of themselves too much.

legacyzero

Banned
I hope if he wins, the GOP finally start turning on Trump. The ones in congress I mean.

I really think this is already happening, with AHCA being proof of that. Get yelled at enough at a town hall, is enough to flip. Paul Ryan ran like a pussy, and Marco Rubio pussed out too. These folks are going to have a tough 2018 LOL

This is some shit right here. Nothing will make the spineless House GOP get more scared than a shock in a suburban Republican district. Now you throw in that Montana race and it gets real for everybody.

rambis

Banned
Im not really getting my hopes up. Either way a win is very small countwise and could have the opposite effect we want anyway. It would just feel good to see Trump take another L if that happens.

9h
TheRealDonaldTrump‏ @RealDonad_Trump
Republicans must get out today and VOTE in Georgia 6. Force runoff and easy win! Dem Ossoff will raise your taxes-very bad on crime & 2nd A.

14h
TheRealDonaldTrump‏ @RealDonad_Trump
Democrat Jon Ossoff would be a disaster in Congress. VERY weak on crime and illegal immigration, bad for jobs and wants higher taxes. Say NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom