• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Georgia special election heads to runoff as Ossoff earns 48% of vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

openb7dhqzs3.gif

Dat 2016 condescension. If anything you're consistent, which I appreciate. BTW I DO know that Perez has one. I bet you didn't watch the Perez/Bernie Unity stream last night, huh.
Both Perez and Ellison ran on it. So yes, unless he wants to piss off 100% of the people who voted for either him or Ellison, yes, he'll have a plan to get the 50-state strategy in place.

And I am not the target audience for that stream.

Not

Banned
If Ossoff doesn't win, I will be very disappointed. I will probably contact various maritime antique brokers and collectors of vintage naval equipment to procure a surviving pirate canon salvaged from the Caribbean sea floor. I will painstakingly restore the barrel, spend a fortune recreating its original mounting, and learn how to properly load and fire the device in a way that preserves the gun.

I will then load it with gunpowder, stamp it down with the prod, light the fuse, and stick my stupid head inside. So long, head.

As long as you don't die or anything

RPGCrazied

Another thing that sucks if he doesn't win tonight, we get to hear Trump gloat about this and say he saved a seat. Ugh.

Shoot me now.

Boke1879

Yall do know him winning outright was always going to be a shot to the wind. Like it's possible. but isn't this a R district?

mcfrank

Nate_Cohn: Based exclusively on the 41 ~completed precincts:
I'd guess we're on track for 190k, Ossoff at 48. A real MoE on both.

rjinaz

In the end, the numbers are still promising despite the potential loss and the second battle will happen in June.
Still sucks to get so close you can taste it and not be able to.

Boke1879

Another thing that sucks if he doesn't win tonight, we get to hear Trump gloat about this and say he saved a seat. Ugh.

Shoot me now.

He didn't save shit. It just goes to an election.

GOP shouldn't be playing defense. We closed margins in that election that was like 3 weeks ago, and this is another fight.

~Kinggi~

Banned
thankfully i stopped giving a fuck so im not getting those hardcore election night flashbacks where i started screaming and couldnt stop

Not

Banned
Cool, now I'll have to read more misspelled tweets from a man who, despite everything, keeps winning

I'll never again believe the US is a meritocracy. Just a reward system for harnessing hatred

RPGCrazied

Cool, now I'll have to read more misspelled tweets from a man who, despite everything, keeps winning

I'll never again believe the US is a meritocracy. Just a reward system for harnessing hatred

At least he is failing legislatively. :) Hasn't been able to do shit.

JohnsonUT

IF (big if) he loses, it is definitely coming down to the 1% that voted for non-republicans. It will break in such a way that had they not voted at all, Ossoff would have won.

Does anyone else have election PTSD (not literally) from November?

This and the Kansas one have got me feeling really anxious, irrationally so.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

Well for sure it isn't a meritocracy, but I wouldn't give up entirely yet. The vote hasn't come in completely yet

no minority believed this sack of shit in the first place.

For real

Not

Banned

Well, I never actually believed it entirely, just held out hope that Trump would get owned by the disgruntled majority sooner than later for fucking up.

I'll probably still be waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom