• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Georgia special election heads to runoff as Ossoff earns 48% of vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcfrank

4% of the election day precincts are in. The early vote probably makes up 30% or so of the total vote. So we probably have 30 - 40% of the vote in at this point, but only 4% of the precincts.

If he wins this, we're going to see a lot of energized/young Democrats running for office in the near future. As somebody only a couple years older than Ossoff, his campaign has me fired up bigly.

thefro

I think Ossoff has beating poll expectations locked up now, just remains to be seen if he can clinch it tonight or if we go to a run-off where he'd be a 50/50 shot.

I'm confused what am I seeing in CNN. Why are there three Republicans running alongside the one Dem? With almost 40% counted OSS has 60%. Stick a fork and we re done right?

Definitely should be tapping young guys, people must be fucking bored AF by the old nasty ass boomers that need to have shit like, the internet explained to them.

I no longer know what to believe or put faith in after last November. I just sincerely hope Ossoff's campaign resonated enough to get people out to vote for him. We need a small victory.

If he wins this, we're going to see a lot of energized/young Democrats running for office in the near future. As somebody only a couple years older than Ossoff, his campaign has me fired up bigly.

Look up Will Guzzardi in IL. He was just a young democratic activist who took on a Chicago machine candidate in a safe D state house seat and he's been doing great work ever since.

legacyzero

Banned
You know, it helps to pay attention to policy positions during the a campaign.

That way, you don't say silly things like that and make yourself look foolish.
openb7dhqzs3.gif

Dat 2016 condescension. If anything you're consistent, which I appreciate. BTW I DO know that Perez has one. I bet you didn't watch the Perez/Bernie Unity stream last night, huh.
I'm confused what am I seeing in CNN. Why are there three Republicans running alongside the one Dem? With almost 40% counted OSS has 60%. Stick a fork and we re done right?
Saw that too. It was like 38% reporting, but NYT is showing 9

If Ossoff doesn't win, I will be very disappointed. I will probably contact various maritime antique brokers and collectors of vintage naval equipment to procure a surviving pirate canon salvaged from the Caribbean sea floor. I will painstakingly restore the barrel, spend a fortune recreating its original mounting, and learn how to properly load and fire the device in a way that preserves the gun.

I will then load it with gunpowder, stamp it down with the prod, light the fuse, and stick my stupid head inside. So long, head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom