• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Yotei Announced (Ghost of Tsushima Sequel)

I think she looks great and the idea for the franchise is the best possible. My only minus is that the game feels too much like the previous one, but we'll have to wait and see.

They must nail a common topic for the different stories, so the legend of the ghost, like El Zorro, is passed down through generations.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Interesting choice of music in the trailer. It's got the vibe of an Ennio Morricone western soundtrack instead of a Japanese samurai movie. Some of the shots in the trailer were meant to invoke a western movie as well. Take the shot below, that entrance evokes the image of a lone gunslinger entering a saloon.

AxW8uAT.jpeg

western.jpg
You do understand that some of Kurosawa's best works are actually shot in the same vein?

demonstr8

Banned
Look I'm sure it will be a great game and Makoto is maybe my favourite all time protagonist but we really didn't need another female protagonist for their slate especially not to replace an already fine male lead - this will be the 2nd time now after TLoU 2... whatever let the women buy it.

Kangx

I see something here and this one on Twitter toped it.
Are these people on med? Watching on mobile phone?

Wait for Digital foundry analysis. Have people forgot how ghost look like especially on the ps4. Lot of low res texture. No it does not look anywhere close to this trailer from clothing to skin texture and the lighting.

This guy live in a different world lol.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Have they said stuff I missed?

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/09/24/ghost-of-yotei-is-coming-in-2025/

Today we are so happy to announce Ghost of Yōtei, the latest game from Sucker Punch and the introduction of our new hero, Atsu.

When we set out to make a new Ghost game, we wanted to maintain the core pillars established in Ghost of Tsushima: playing as a wandering warrior in Feudal Japan, offering freedom to explore at your own pace, and highlighting the beauty of the world.

We also wanted to continue to innovate. To create something fresh but familiar, we looked beyond Jin Sakai’s story and the island of Tsushima, and shifted our focus to the idea of the Ghost instead. At Sucker Punch we love origin stories, and we wanted to explore what it could mean to have a new hero wearing a Ghost mask, and uncovering a new legend. This led us to Ghost of Yōtei: a new protagonist, a new story to unfold, and a new region of Japan to explore.

While we aren’t diving into story specifics yet today, we can reveal that Atsu’s journey takes place in 1603, more than 300 years after the events of Ghost of Tsushima. Our story is set in the lands surrounding Mount Yōtei, a towering peak in the heart of Ezo, an area of Japan known as Hokkaido in present day. In 1603, this area was outside the rule of Japan, and filled with sprawling grasslands, snowy tundras, and unexpected dangers. It’s a far cry from the organized samurai clans who lived in Tsushima, and it’s the setting for an original story we can’t wait to tell.

This is also Sucker Punch’s first game built from the ground up for PlayStation 5, and we’re excited to build on the visual foundation we established in Ghost of Tsushima by making the world feel even more real. We have massive sightlines that let you look far across the environment, whole new skies featuring twinkling stars and auroras, even more believable movement from wind on grass and vegetation, and more improvements we’ll share in the future. Our new setting also gives us the opportunity to introduce new mechanics, gameplay improvements, and even new weapons.

Our trailer today offers a glimpse into this world, but there’s so much more to show, and we’ll have much more to share in the months ahead, including details about Atsu’s journey and the people (and animals) she’ll meet along the way. We are forever grateful for the success of Ghost of Tsushima, and we can’t wait for you all to experience Ghost of Yōtei in 2025.

GrayChild

Topher

Gold Member

Wait for Digital foundry analysis. Have people forgot how ghost look like especially on the ps4. Lot of low res texture. No it does not look anywhere close to this trailer from clothing to skin texture and the lighting.

Gaz is one of the biggest Xbox warriors around. He's funny at times and will give Xbox hell, but never mistake him for being a PS fan.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
You do understand that some of Kurosawa's best works are actually shot in the same vein?

It's the combination of the music plus the shots that creates the western feel of the trailer.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
I have 500 hrs in to the first game and I so much prefer where they're going with this rather than if they were to shoehorn some kinda follow up for Jin's story, which comes to an almost perfect conclusion
Due to slow progress in Japan in general such a small time gap will simply bring too little gameplay variety.

This? Tanegashima is back on the menu!

its a fucking pardody at this point, I refuse to believe those are geniune responses
It’s because they refuse to set a limit, line, or boundary, so the bad actors of the bunch keep trying to push further and further on what they deem as unacceptable.

If what I just said sounds like it applies to another website, it’s because this is the other side of the same coin.

TheTony316

He's an Xbox fanboy.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I had feeling Suckerpunch release the next Playstation Studio game

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Art style + music [check]
Japanese Samurai x Western like guns, Akira inspired theme [check]

I feel like the more I see Sony 1st party titles they more I desire for a PS5 Pro.

Also, 2025 is going to be insane for PS5 Pro users huh?

- GTA 6
- Ghost of Yotei
- Death Stranding 2
- Monster Hunter Wildlands
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance II
- Like a Dragon, Pirate Themed
- DOOM, Dark Ages
- Indiana Jones
- Mafia Old Country
Three games so far for 2025 for me and potentially three for the rest of this year.

htYEP3r.gif

Killer8

Interesting choice of music in the trailer. It's got the vibe of an Ennio Morricone western soundtrack instead of a Japanese samurai movie. Some of the shots in the trailer were meant to invoke a western movie as well. Take the shot below, that entrance evokes the image of a lone gunslinger entering a saloon.

AxW8uAT.jpeg

western.jpg

Japan is just reclaiming the style after Sergio Leone ripped off Yojimbo with Fistful of Dollars.

Top Bottom