• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Yotei Announced (Ghost of Tsushima Sequel)

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Going to look smooth on my pro

butter satisfying GIF

Topher

Gold Member
Of all Japanese actresses they could get, they chose this one. And people claim there's no agenda behind the MC...

What? The person who is portraying the fictional character in the game is LGBT.

A 1600s pansexual queer samurai woman

Amazon got any books on this?

Wait....we are talking about the actress, right?

Who cares?

Last edited:
Idc ill say it. Looked not that great to me honestly. Minimal jump visually from the brief glance and honestly it looked much less interesting than the first. I thought it was Rise of the Ronin 2 initially and im like its way too soon for that but it looks a little too middleware-ish to be Ghost of Tsushima 2 but yeah i was slightly underwhelmed by that trailer. Im sure ultimately it will be solid at the least if not even great when all is said and done.

Last edited:
I kind of got Blue Eyed Samurai vibes watching the reveal. It could be good, I enjoyed playing Tomb Rider- so I'm not crossing the game because of female protag.

Depends how well is her character written tbh and if there will be an agenda push.

If game is not political then I personally don't care if the actress uses pronouns or whatever she identifies with.

After the amazing Ghost of Tsushima I'm willing to give a Sucker Punch a token of good faith that they will focus on what matters.

I personally kind of dig the different "Ghost of" stories in different time periods and new characters although I really wanted to play as Jin on mainland.

Or maybe it's just a side game and Jin actually made his way into the mainland.

And they will mention him, even though he is dead. Maybe the idea of Ghost just lives on.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

I'm sure they didn't call it Ghost of Tsushima 2 because they're planning on bringing Jin back for a 3rd game in the future.

Who knows. I'm good either way - I love sequels but I also love letting things die. Jin's story was largely complete. That Sony trusted Sucker Punch with a brand new protagonist and time period shows immense creative trust.

We are SO back. Death Stranding 2 and Ghost of Yotei in the same year!

Fake

Gold Member
Are people really hate Jin that much?

What is the point of doing a sequel if you gonna replace the main character? And this have nothing to do with being a male or female, they are replacing the main character I would like to play on the sequel.

CD Project made the same stupid mistake, saying they gonna replace Geralt for another character and I complained as well. Geralt is the Witcher mascot.

This franchise become a clone version of Assassin Creed at this point.

PqWN1gt.png

Quotas being met. Atsu might be gay or trans.

Well, there is.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The extra horsepower the PS5 offers is getting used by resolution and fps boosts and bit of RT sprinkled on it.
There was a ton more shader and particle effects. More birds, leaves, fauna, foliage looked better, skybox was much better, etc..

Plus, dimishing returns. You're going to see more of the improvements in motion with the physics and shaders. Mud and snow tessellation looked better as well.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Hopefully they invent cutscene skipping technology and somehow find a way to not have half the missions require you run and talk the entire way there with all the other gameplay disabled.

yogaflame

Might wanna check three posts above yours 😂
The GOT franchise is OG, and I hope it will not be poisoned by sweet baby influence which is killing movies and games this days, that is why allot of them flops. Well just don't make the same mistake of pushing there narrative and conditioning or normalizing same sex relationships are normal and lack of common sense gender pronouns craps again

Last edited:

Kangx

The image quality is too good. I think this is running on the Pro with pssr.

I am sitting 2 feet away from my 77 in oled and I don't think any ps5 game have this level of image quality especially on the fur.

nial

As stupid as claiming that Super Mario Bros. Wonder was woke due to the new voice actor for Mario having pronouns in his Twitter bio.
And yes, people indeed did that.

Day 1 for GoT2 (don’t care what’s it’s actually called) I got the plat for Tsushima twice, once on PS4 and again on PS5. Amazing game.

Haven’t watched the trailer yet

Last edited:

Bombolone

Gold Member
I am excited for this. I think Sucker Punch can do the game justice.

For people rolling their eyes at the knee jerk "woke" reaction. At least stop pretending like you don't know how we got here. Why people are having that reaction in the first place.

Is it unfair to paint any game with a female lead as woke? Yes
Does having a female/minority lead game determine its quality? No
Just stop pretending you don't know why these reactions are coming from the gaming community. Gamers are on "Fool me once" mode. They need to be convinced and shown that these games are more than virtue signal window dressing shlop. That is only the fault of the game makers.

This is the messy part where games will be tarred and feathered justly/unjustly because of the activist ass hats who pushed so aggressively. My god, the perpetual victim complex.
The Market is correcting itself.

I have hopes for this game. Sony (2024) makes me a bit nervous, but the recent flop after flop might reach their ears.

Fake

Gold Member
You really struggling to come up with successful franchises that have changed protagonists in sequels? C'mon now...

'Successful'.

What is a successful franchise without the main character dude... but if you wanna play something like Assassins Creed I not gonna stop you dude.

Please, don't get me wrong. Feel free to enjoy this franchise moving foward.

Last edited:

decisions

The problem Sony has is, when you take 5 years to make a game at best, it better come out looking like the most jaw-dropping thing ever.

And the way you make people’s jaw-drop is innovate and show them something they haven’t seen before. But that’s not what this trailer does. It’s a PR/marketing failure to show people environments in 2024 and expect them to be impressed. We had really good looking environments, better than this, in Horizon: Forbidden West. And was that a good game? No. It sucked.

Last edited:

Aenima

Depends how well is her character written tbh and if there will be an agenda push.

If game is not political then I personally don't care if the actress uses pronouns or whatever she identifies with.
Yup, this is traditional Japan, so i really hope they LA progressive agendas dont bleed into the game story. She looks great ingame, looks like an actual japanese woman and not some weird zombie bat like Ma'am Solo, so hope they dont fuck it up.

Just give her some cool weapons and fighting styles, and focus on that while telling and interesting story that actual fits the traditional Japanese era.

Last edited:
I don't get the complaints about graphics? GoT has never been a graphical showcase, it's the unique, serene watercolor art style that blends so well with nature and fluid physics (leaves, birds, smoke, steam, fog, etc). GoY seems to be doing the exact same and this what I wanted, I hope they change the quests a bit, more cool moves, more ways to explore, etc.

I also don't get the social commentary about this? MC is a woman and so? This is a video game, just substitute the MC with 3D Model (which can wield weapons/ride horses) and the gameplay still stays the same. Make the MC Black, Asian, Indian, Mexican, Caucasian, a robot or an Alien, it'll be funny and out of place but who cares? I just wanna enjoy the visuals, explore, slash and pew pew. Unfortunate that both sides have become extreme and divided on these issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom