• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier |OT| The Future Is Here... Finally

Bailers

I wish they had put a lobby in guerrilla mode. Not having anyone on my friend list that plays the game, I'm SOL for teammates. Unless I'm missing something?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The MP is miles head polish wise than the SP of this game.

I hope next time they give the SP experience to a competent studio.

I wish they had put a lobby in guerrilla mode. Not having anyone on my friend list that plays the game, I'm SOL for teammates. Unless I'm missing something?

nope, I'm in the same boat

we need to try to organize a GAF Guerrilla session, as I really want to try it out. I'm on 360 btw.

I'm up for some GhostGaf guerilla co-op going on. My GT is "IMD1 PK". I'll be on tomorrow randomly. If anyone has a specific time they playing tell me and I'll come on at that time.

I'm down for guerilla mode if people don't care about me not having a mic. XBL Drbo

having no mic for Guerrilla Mode is no problem for me

I'm up for some GhostGaf guerilla co-op going on. My GT is "IMD1 PK". I'll be on tomorrow randomly. If anyone has a specific time they playing tell me and I'll come on at that time.

cool, same here, I don't have much planned for tomorrow so anytime works

DrBo are you gonna be around at all tomorrow, and if so what time is best?

...and we could use a 4th player if anyone else is interested

Bailers

nope, I'm in the same boat

we need to try to organize a GAF Guerrilla session, as I really want to try it out. I'm on 360 btw.

I'd be up for that, I'm Bailers77 on PSN. Unfortunately, I'm usually only on later at night US time. But anyone that's on playstation feel free to hit me up for a game.

DrBo42

having no mic for Guerrilla Mode is no problem for me

cool, same here, I don't have much planned for tomorrow so anytime works

DrBo are you gonna be around at all tomorrow, and if so what time is best?

...and we could use a 4th player if anyone else is interested

Down whenever, what time? I'm PST.

Down whenever, what time? I'm PST.

unless I can round up a friend of mine as a 4th or someone else wants in, we will have to wait until at least late afternoon, early evening for RS4 to get done work to link up 4 people

you guys on 360 can "friend" the Gamertag I made up for the game if that's easier, then you can see when anyone is online or not and message them directly rather than relying on posting in here which can be more hit or miss

here's the link:
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?gamertag=gafghostreconfs

Sojgat

I am enjoying the MP just fine but the SP is a bad joke. I remember when the Tom Clancy games were mostly all high quality products, this gen they are just getting worse and worse. I know Ubi has all their eggs in the Ass Creed basket but it's like they just have no clue what to do with these franchises anymore. I have very little hope for the new Rainbow 6 game after this.

Ken

I am enjoying the MP just fine but the SP is a bad joke. I remember when the Tom Clancy games were mostly all high quality products, this gen they are just getting worse and worse. I know Ubi has all their eggs in the Ass Creed basket but it's like they just have no clue what to do with these franchises anymore. I have very little hope for the new Rainbow 6 game after this.

I'm enjoying the SP kind of.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Yeah, I enjoyed playing SP a lot, actually (I'm almost done with my second run on Elite).

I think they nailed the feeling of being a whole with your squad mates. Usually in squad based games there is this babysitting aspect that really destroys the feeling of being part of a group of professionals. Here you can focus on targets as your mates deal with positioning/covering autonomously.

Sure they cheat a bit to achieve this via the opti-camo trick (an excuse for letting your mates get in position easily no matter what) but the end result if that you basically feel like being *the* squad, instead of just one of its members.

Also the chatter is both valuable and entertaining (I actually chuckled at Donkey Kong reference in the stairs scene...)

Dan Yo

Banned
The XP and point system are so stupid it's not even funny. The ridiculous amount of XP given for throwing sensors out and getting no kills yourself is enough of a joke, but then there are saboteur games that are won based on how many people that you killed were detected while being killed?

Just beyond dumb. Aside from constantly getting second place on the end game screen to an engineer with no kills, the game is fantastic. The scoring for certain game types and XP allocation system definitely need a bit of tweaking though.

Gibbo

i think the SP has been 'good' so far , 4 missions in. definatelt not the disaster tt some of you guys make it out to be. the sound design is one of the best ive heard , and so is the feel of firing and hitting an enemy

Quite enjoying the single player thus far. Playing co-op with a friend. The times we are actually working in sync with each other makes for some amazing game play. When we are sloppy its a bit less fun.

Played GRAW but skipped number 2. First tactical shooter in quite some time for me, makes me want to play heaps more now lol. GRAW2 next on my list and might look into the splinter cell series.

zlatko

Banned
So last night I got rocked with the grenade launcher, was stunned so long, the guy had time to switch to his sniper, line me up, and head rock me....Then I looked to see how you unlock it and it's from completing campaign. Seriously? Really dumb design decision imo.

Linch

Neo Member
Got 3 members in the Squad now, including myself. Slowly but surely building up. The more we get the better for squad matches, co-op and guerilla mode.

My biggest problem with the game so far? Two "Press Start" screens? What's the point?

akira28

What is the last Ghost Recon game that was like GR and GR2 for the PC? That is, a tactical shooter with overhead maps and assigning positions and giving orders and squad patrol routes?

edit: Guess I need to look into GRAW-PC.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
What is the last Ghost Recon game that was like GR and GR2 for the PC? That is, a tactical shooter with overhead maps and assigning positions and giving orders and squad patrol routes?

Ehhh, GRAW and GRAW2 co-op modes are like that, but I think the PC versions are different. You're best bet is likely to just pick up GR2.

DaNcaKe

So, after playing the beta and being quite disappointed with how the game played, I rented the game on launch and I'm actually really enjoying it.

When playing on a good server, the MP feels really good compared to some of the tripe that has been released lately. Particularly surprised at how well they've implemented the whole 'invisibility' online for the sniper class.

Only thing that annoys me about the MP, besides the obvious bugs/freezing/sensor abuse, is the stun gun. The fact that they are then free to data hack you and then finish you off just rubs salt in the wounds.

madmackem

So, after playing the beta and being quite disappointed with how the game played, I rented the game on launch and I'm actually really enjoying it.

When playing on a good server, the MP feels really good compared to some of the tripe that has been released lately. Particularly surprised at how well they've implemented the whole 'invisibility' online for the sniper class.

Only thing that annoys me about the MP, besides the obvious bugs/freezing/sensor abuse, is the stun gun. The fact that they are then free to data hack you and then finish you off just rubs salt in the wounds.

They really need to nerf the drone somehow, its pretty hard to take down and can be almost abused. Need to make it easier to take damage or make it have a cool down between uses.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So last night I got rocked with the grenade launcher, was stunned so long, the guy had time to switch to his sniper, line me up, and head rock me....Then I looked to see how you unlock it and it's from completing campaign. Seriously? Really dumb design decision imo.

Yeah, I mentioned this a while ago. You get EMP/Smoke/HEDP grenade launcher secondary for finishing campaign. IMO it shouldn't be in at all. I was shitting on teams last night with it simply by shooting it at the OBJ.

They really need to nerf the drone somehow, its pretty hard to take down and can be almost abused. Need to make it easier to take damage or make it have a cool down between uses.

It's not hard to take down at all. Shoot it and it's down in 2-3 shots.

Personally I only use mine when I'm out of sensors and I stick it near where I am to watch my blind spot. Guys who sit in the back and fly their drone around exclusively aren't helping the team at all, especially if the other team has the brains to shoot it.

zlatko

Banned
Yeah, I mentioned this a while ago. You get EMP/Smoke/HEDP grenade launcher secondary for finishing campaign. IMO it shouldn't be in at all. I was shitting on teams last night with it simply by shooting it at the OBJ.

Personally I only use mine when I'm out of sensors and I stick it near where I am to watch my blind spot. Guys who sit in the back and fly their drone around exclusively aren't helping the team at all, especially if the other team has the brains to shoot it.

Yeah they nerfed the grenades a solid amount to where they aren't bs anymore, but the launchers are dumb all around. I don't see any reason to use anything else in the 2nd slot over them either...

Raoh

How is the move support?

GRFS.png

iwaggle did cover it but I assume that it was a beta code not final release.

MechDX

Anyone up for some Guerrilla Mode tonight, Sunday? Around 10PM or so Central?

I also have an extra Best Buy pre-order code they sent me. You get two sniper rifles: MN 91/30 and the M40 that I would share with a cool teammate.

Ripclawe

Banned
i keep getting killed in the tiger hunt mission when shooting from the helicopter when the other copter shows up.. what am i doing wrong

Lakitu

st5fu
Is the mission from the E3 2010 demo in the game? That looked pretty damn good.

I know it's been reworked and all that, but how much?

Mindman

So I know this game has an online pass. If i rent it, can I play it online for 48 hours? I'm unsure if I want to get this and the Redbox down the street has a copy...

Got 3 members in the Squad now, including myself. Slowly but surely building up. The more we get the better for squad matches, co-op and guerilla mode.

My biggest problem with the game so far? Two "Press Start" screens? What's the point?

you can add me, my GT is 'The Visualizer'

stop running around alone and you wont get hacked

I can get on in a few mins if needed

im down whenever

Anyone up for some Guerrilla Mode tonight, Sunday? Around 10PM or so Central?

I also have an extra Best Buy pre-order code they sent me. You get two sniper rifles: MN 91/30 and the M40 that I would share with a cool teammate.

how do I become a cool teammate? :)

and yeah I'm down for some Guerrilla now if anyone is around or tonight works too at that time

Is the mission from the E3 2010 demo in the game? That looked pretty damn good.

I know it's been reworked and all that, but how much?

no, I think they added part of that beach section from the demo onto the end of the 3rd mission (Nigeria)

So I know this game has an online pass. If i rent it, can I play it online for 48 hours? I'm unsure if I want to get this and the Redbox down the street has a copy...

I think you need the UPlay code to play online, don't think you can get around this, just like most other games that require online passes

MechDX

how do I become a cool teammate? :)

Cool idea. Lets get 4 people together tonight and the person with the highest score at the end will get the code.

Thoughts? My tag is DX. be on about 10-10:30 PM central. If you message me let me know you are from GAF please.

Enjoying MP a lot; yet to touch the SP and I don't know if I will, to be honest. The game can definitely push my rage-buttons - mostly in very intimate CQB, where movement speed outruns the aiming speed something shocking and humiliating deaths are had. I may have to tinker with some settings, methinks.

Does anyone know the ETA of the iOS app?

Mayyhem

I reached level 20 rifleman and unlocked a new gun but when I go to try and pick it on the customization screen it says "previous decision point" and wont let me go from there. Confused

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing

Pretty much this!

Cool idea. Lets get 4 people together tonight and the person with the highest score at the end will get the code.

Thoughts? My tag is DX. be on about 10-10:30 PM central. If you message me let me know you are from GAF please.

ill be around and will msg u to get this party started, ur "challenge" for the code is fine btw

Sounds like I'm going rambo

Sounds like I'll be reviving Rambo a lot :)

jonah777

So it seems I'm squad lieutenant... >_>
lurker4lyfe

I can only send invites to friends, so send a FR to Linchy or N7 Spectre if you'd like in on the squad.

I'm reading some criticisms on the single player. Anything in particular wrong with it? Are people comparing it to GR 1 & 2 & disappointed. I assume it's somewhat similar to GRAW.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm reading some criticisms on the single player. Anything in particular wrong with it? Are people comparing it to GR 1 & 2 & disappointed. I assume it's somewhat similar to GRAW.

It's simply "ok" and it's better than the others story wise, but it's pretty damned unpolished.

zlatko

Banned
So I never thought to ask this question in the beta, but at the end of the round what does the hourglass symbol mean by your name for exp rewards?

Top Bottom