• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier |OT| The Future Is Here... Finally

Xater

We didn't have time to translate the review, but our reviewer (Driftwood) enjoyed the game and was really impressed with the game's lighting especially. His biggest issue was that textures can be quite low-res at times. 12 hours game time.

MP framerate better than in the beta?

OP REVIEWS section is full updated, looks like most of the well known sites have posted theirs at this point

I'm going back to playing now...

TwIsTeD

Reading that the SP picks up after the first few missions is starting to get me excited to go home and play this since the gun play really is good.

Maybe the Shantytown map and Guerrilla mode are just terrible combinations lol

JackEtc

Just got home from school, but I have work at 3 until 9 tonight. Just my luck, the game isn't here yet :(. Guess I'll be reading all the reviews I can at work for my GRFS fix.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
MP framerate better than in the beta?

I don't know. I only saw the first 2 levels, and they were very smooth (360). Can't comment on the rest, but Driftwood didn't say anything about slowdowns. Also there is very little aliasing, they must be using some sort of FXAA.

Reading that the SP picks up after the first few missions is starting to get me excited to go home and play this since the gun play really is good.

Maybe the Shantytown map and Guerrilla mode are just terrible combinations lol

From what I've heard Guerrila Mode will play pretty similar regardless of what map you play, besides maybe the Drilling Ship DLC map that comes with the Amazon pre-order which looks to be a lot more vertical and indoor focused than the others shown

Most of the reviews aren't impressed with the non-linearity and wide-open maps they promised later in the campaign, so take that for what it's worth. Maybe they oversold it in the previews...

zlatko

Banned
I need online impressions before possibly hitting this up since the beta didn't win me over due to the issues it had.

TwIsTeD

From what I've heard Guerrila Mode will play pretty similar regardless of what map you play, besides maybe the Drilling Ship DLC map that comes with the Amazon pre-order which looks to be a lot more vertical and indoor focused than the others shown

Most of the reviews aren't impressed with the non-linearity and wide-open maps they promised later in the campaign, so take that for what it's worth. Maybe they oversold it in the previews...

I read one that said Call of Duty: Ghost Recon .... I`ll jump on tonight and do CO-OP Campaign and see how it plays.

The Gunsmith Kinect integration looked interesting but it is terrible, in fact its almost as if they knew it was bad since you can exit Kinect control mode on the fly

Ken

Can I unlock the stuff in the Signature edition through playing the game? Kind of vacillated between picking up and not picking up this game and I guess it's too late to pick up the Signature edition from Amazon now.

ttocs

I read one that said Call of Duty: Ghost Recon .... I`ll jump on tonight and do CO-OP Campaign and see how it plays.

The Gunsmith Kinect integration looked interesting but it is terrible, in fact its almost as if they knew it was bad since you can exit Kinect control mode on the fly

The Kinect controls looked very gimmicky from the start. No surprise that much didn't come out of it.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Ghost Recon Network is sloooow today.

Btw, one of the unlock codes in the OP is wrong (I just tried them all).

The Defender one is: thisgunhashugekick

GameTrailers: 8.3

Why does GT even grade shooter storylines anymore? They say the same thing every time. Yes, we get it, there has never been a good one. They're filled with cliche's and etc. We get it.
Such a strange review. It ripped into just about every aspect of the game, including the multiplayer and then out of nowhere ends on a positive note, voila 8.5.

the code unlock feature has not been working since the middle of last week

looks like the GR Network page is down, but that may be a good thing, they may be rebooting servers or restarting services to fix some of the problems.

or they may be rolling out the full version of GR Network as the Beta version was still up as of this morning

Unlock site is up for me.

ttocs

Such a strange review. It ripped into just about every aspect of the game, including the multiplayer and then out of nowhere ends on a positive note, voila 8.5.

GameTrailers has been doing that a lot. Their video reviews almost never match up with the score they give a game. I like that they offer video reviews, but it's becoming less and less believable.

Can I unlock the stuff in the Signature edition through playing the game? Kind of vacillated between picking up and not picking up this game and I guess it's too late to pick up the Signature edition from Amazon now.

i don't think so
I'm sure the stuff will be made available later via DLC though...

Yep, it's up here too. Very slow though.

Also, I just friend requested the GAFGhostReconFS 360 Gamertag for when I'm looking to squad up with some of you guys. Hopefully I'll be on tonight!

I got you, see you out there!

RS4-

OK fuck it. I just picked up the CE lol. There was a nice holograohic mouse pad as well, sadly the store only had one.

I'll put picks of the pad up when I get home

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm not surprised at all. It's exactly the kind of game that's either going to really float your boat (as it did for me), or possibly put you off a bit. FWIW, here's my OXM review (9.0/10).

Hey Ryan, question on the game. GT mentioned the ending of the campaign had a lot of trial and error stealth missions where you would be spotted almost unfairly and fail. Did you have any issue with these missions?

Ryan_IGN

Hey Ryan, question on the game. GT mentioned the ending of the campaign had a lot of trial and error stealth missions where you would be spotted almost unfairly and fail. Did you have any issue with these missions?

I replayed some of the later stealth sections a number of times, yes, but I never felt like it was the game screwing me over. Rather, it was always my own failure. I'd fail to scout an area with the UAV drone well enough, so I'd miss a dude standing behind a building and then that unaccounted for guy would discover a corpse.

As you can see from my review, the heavy emphasis on stealth in the game is what I liked the most. I understand that some people won't be into that, but IMO it's a refreshing change of pace (literally and figuratively) from the loud, bombastic shooters that populate the market these days.

I'm not surprised at all. It's exactly the kind of game that's either going to really float your boat (as it did for me), or possibly put you off a bit. FWIW, here's my OXM review (9.0/10).

Thanks I updated the OP and made sure to differentiate between your review and your buddies across the pond

Not working for me. "Something Went Wrong"-ish error.

yea GR Network seems to be unstable at best today, it was up but I couldn't get the unlock codes to work (you have to enter them then select an option to import them into your game afterwards as well)

Last I checked 10 minutes ago it was throwing those "Something Went Wrong" errors for me too

Looks like my "guilty before proven innocent" verdict on this may have been hastily made.

Original ghost recon though still stands as the best I've ever played.

I may grab it on steam if they have it (hopefully GOTY bundle) on a christmas sale.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
If anyone's interested in a little primer before tackling the game itself, I wrote a post about the game's 3-part video series. The first one's called "Robots of War" and shows how modern tech is implemented in real modern warfare now and what the future holds.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...r-in-this-ghost-recon-future-soldier-feature/

Hey, you got to do something while the servers fill up, no? :)

Yep, it's an official feature by Ubisoft.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I replayed some of the later stealth sections a number of times, yes, but I never felt like it was the game screwing me over. Rather, it was always my own failure. I'd fail to scout an area with the UAV drone well enough, so I'd miss a dude standing behind a building and then that unaccounted for guy would discover a corpse.

As you can see from my review, the heavy emphasis on stealth in the game is what I liked the most. I understand that some people won't be into that, but IMO it's a refreshing change of pace (literally and figuratively) from the loud, bombastic shooters that populate the market these days.

Cool. I was worried at the "a lot of trial and error" mention of the GT review as I plan to play this in co-op and GT mentioned human players are seen much easier than AI. I'm just hoping we'll have no problems making it through those sequences if we work as a team.

Hmm that's pretty promising.

Should get the game delivered to work any time now. Looking forward to it.

But one thing in the gametrailers review that has me worried regards guerrilla mode being balanced for exactly four players. I'll be going through campaign and guerrilla mode with one other player and maybe at times a third when schedules permit. Are we screwed? Is that game mode truly balanced against us?

Developers really need to scale these horde modes to the number of players.

Top Bottom