• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier |OT| The Future Is Here... Finally

JackEtc

What about the using the Russian letters for the code? I tried a code last week that I saw was from the Alpha video (I forget where I found the code online), so I actually already have it unlocked and can't try this code. Someone should try буря-2 and report back.

Kem0sabe

I´m not playing a Ghost Recon game with this mark and execute... simple as that.

It´s not even because the game is more action oriented, GR games have been like this for years, the old series has been dead and buried for a long time...

But there´s this piece of shit game called Splinter Cell conviction, from which this one takes more than a small dose of inspiration, and i simply can´t bring myself to play it.

TwIsTeD

What about the using the Russian letters for the code? I tried a code last week that I saw was from the Alpha video (I forget where I found the code online), so I actually already have it unlocked and can't try this code. Someone should try буря-2 and report back.

nothing

MechDX

Best Buy sent me an 18 (supposed to be 25) digit Live code for my game. 30 minutes on the phone with them they basically say "Nothing we can do. The department that handles those issues has been shut down". WTF?

Returning now and heading to Gamestop.

Best Buy sent me an 18 (supposed to be 25) digit Live code for my game. 30 minutes on the phone with them they basically say "Nothing we can do. The department that handles those issues has been shut down". WTF?

Returning now and heading to Gamestop.

Amazon sent the same thing. I think maybe you might have to redeem it via uplay???

Whats this I'm reading about no gunsmith in guerrilla mode? So is it limited to versus? Or versus and campaign?

Gunsmith can be used in campaign and adversarial

Guerrilla Mode they force you to start out with shitty weapons on purpose to add difficulty then drop crates with several new weapons to choose from between rounds that are better equipped with attachments.

Guerrilla Mode they force you to start out with shitty weapons on purpose to add difficulty then drop crates with several new weapons to choose from between rounds that are better equipped with attachments.
Thanks. I can live with that but found it surprising. Didn't know that was part of the way they were handling difficulty.

So as far as campaign and gunsmith, I'm assuming you unlock attachments through playing, and that these unlocks can be acquired and are persistent and across both campaign and adversarial?

MechDX

The bonus codes are indeed 18 characters and redeemed via the in-game DLC menu (not the dashboard). It's legit.

lol. Well the BB email says to do nit at XBOX.com or the dashboard. Doesnt make up for the fact what they said about no department, tough luck.

Seventy5

How the graphics on PS3? Any major differences from the 360? Screen tearing? (Please let vsyn be enabled.)

I just played the first two missions co-op with my son and we both thought it looked pretty good. The framerate seemed pretty solid to me. It's a HUGE step up from the dogshit that was GRAW2 on PS3. I'm satisfied with it...and it's fun as hell co-op!

Also, the last 3-4 minutes of the first mission was awesome!

So can anybody answer how the progression system works in this? Do you unlock gunsmith parts in multiplayer versus only? Or is it across both multiplayer and campaign?

I just played the first two missions co-op with my son and we both thought it looked pretty good. The framerate seemed pretty solid to me. It's a HUGE step up from the dogshit that was GRAW2 on PS3. I'm satisfied with it...and it's fun as hell co-op!

Also, the last 3-4 minutes of the first mission was awesome!

Yeah, I just remember all of the Ubisoft pump-n-dump tech nightmares on the PS3 which leaves be skeptical. Thanks for the encouraging words though.

Well, I think only certain things are unlocked in campaign, others are locked to MP only.
Hmmph. Any resources out there that might go into more detail?

Edit: As somebody who has zero interest in adversarial modes does that mean I'm getting a gimped gunsmith experience in campaign?

def sim

My friends had to convince me to purchase this but I'm pleasantly surprised so far. The focus on stealth is unexpected and we're having a lot of fun "perfecting" missions.

Seventy5

Yeah, I just remember all of the Ubisoft pump-n-dump tech nightmares on the PS3 which leaves be skeptical. Thanks for the encouraging words though.
I wasn't going to pick this up, but me and the kid needed a good co op game so I got two copies. I was pleasantly suprised. But yeah, Double Agent PS3, eww. I find the complaint about Mark and execute a little unfounded as its really just synced shots so you don't break stealth. It's not a win button like Conviction.

My friends had to convince me to purchase this but I'm pleasantly surprised so far. The focus on stealth is unexpected and we're having a lot of fun "perfecting" missions.

Ok, I'm in the same boat. Just did the Toys R Us deal ($50 for the game + strat guide free) because some buddies convinced me to get it. I told them they now have to buy Borderlands day 1 lol.

Thanks. I can live with that but found it surprising. Didn't know that was part of the way they were handling difficulty.

So as far as campaign and gunsmith, I'm assuming you unlock attachments through playing, and that these unlocks can be acquired and are persistent and across both campaign and adversarial?

So can anybody answer how the progression system works in this? Do you unlock gunsmith parts in multiplayer versus only? Or is it across both multiplayer and campaign?

Campaign and MP unlocks are completely separate

Campaign they generally give you a new US faction gun or two to choose from each mission and several attachments to choose from for each gun. Same for equipment, they gradually roll it out. All of the Russian Bodark guns and many of the more exotic unlocks have to be unlocked for use in the Campaign by completing the optional challenges which their are a ton of for each mission.

MP the progression is level based, Each time you level up you get 1 attachment point to use per class per faction. So if you play as the Rifleman once you hit level 1 you can buy one attachment for your US(Ghost) guns and one for your RU(Bodark) ones. They sprinkle in free unlockable guns, equipment, attachments, or headgear every 4 or 8 levels and sometimes make you choose between 2 items where your choice is permanent and you will never be able to use the item you declined to pick. There are some tough choices at some of the levels, but there are also 2 rewards you can get that allow you choose both on one of these "level up decisions". One of the rewards you get from Uplay rewards that you can unlock and the other is one is DLC with one of the special editions of the game.

Unlocks are not persistent between SP and MP except for Uplay rewards, GR Network unlocks and DLC which are unlocked in both Campaign and MP from the start if you have them.

Hope that all makes sense...

Hope that all makes sense...
Mostly, and thanks for the response. I know I may be a pest here asking so many questions but I haven't been able to track down these answers otherwise. So as I progress in campaign I unlock weapons, gear and attachment for use when replaying missions? So if I start a new campaign will all of those unlocks be available for use?

Mostly, and thanks for the response. I know I may be a pest here asking so many questions but I haven't been able to track down these answers otherwise. So as I progress in campaign I unlock weapons, gear and attachment for use when replaying missions? So if I start a new campaign will all of those unlocks be available for use?

Yes, the campaign unlocks are for replays and future missions. I'm not 100% sure but I would guess they would transfer between campaign saves both online and off.

Regarding saves, one other thing that someone asked awhile ago is whether you can save and continue from multiple campaign saves. Yes, you create a save file for each campaign you play, so you can have multiple ones. Not sure if it will save your progress mid-mission and allow you to load into a checkpoint though, haven't tried that yet.

rvy

Banned
Really want this game, but will wait for a price drop. I'm sorry if it was asked already, but how long is the campaign? 6-7 hours?

Top Bottom