• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, since he loves artists like Dylan a statement like that is probably not meant to be taken entirely seriously.
Yeah, he likes to show some ignorance here and there to get a reaction, I guess? If he doesn't get it, it usually happens in the comments.

if Dan talking about music is bad, then anyone talking about music is bad. I think everyone has terrible taste in music though...
Like I said, that's not the problem.

Bacon

It's too easy for dan to get people riled up. He probably has a ball looking at the comments and reactions to his shit

Myggen

Yeah, he likes to show some ignorance here and there to get a reaction, I guess? If he doesn't get it, it usually happens in the comments.

The comment section eats that shit up for sure. Same people every time. I've got no problem with it, but my problem is that the comment section has become almost unreadable because a few users are just so pissed at everything Dan says.

Baseball is the best all you wresting marks can suck it!

You're the one using insider wrestling terms so this post counts as an admittance of defeat in the great 2015 debate of wrestling's cultural superiority to all other sports about making numbers bigger, instead of real things that matter, like making people scream and throw shit.

It's too easy for dan to get people riled up. He probably has a ball looking at the comments and reactions to his shit

At this point it's just boring. His "character," if you will, hasn't like grown or added any depth since his edition. It's like hearing the same joke over and over with a different coat of point and now it's just tiring.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The comment section eats that shit up for sure. Same people every time. I've got no problem with it, but my problem is that the comment section has become almost unreadable because a few users are just so pissed at everything Dan says.

i just don't read any comment sections for anything anymore.

except you guys.

you guys are all right.

Tucah

you speak so well

I see my policy to not read the comments section of anything serves me well, even on GB.

Anjin M

Jeff nailing batters over and over again is the best.

You're the one using insider wrestling terms so this post counts as an admittance of defeat in the great 2015 debate of wrestling's cultural superiority to all other sports about making numbers bigger, instead of real things that matter, like making people scream and throw shit.

Oh god, has the infection that is Dan Rychert reached even me?

edit://
Kill him!

I know nothing about baseball, but shouldn't that player have been pulled from the game? I seem to remember that happening in previous MLB QLs.
Yeah, even just losing control of a pitch after hitting a batter would be grounds to throw the pitcher out.

Myggen

Jeff nailing batters over and over again is the best.

Kill him!

I know nothing about baseball, but shouldn't that player have been pulled from the game? I seem to remember that happening in previous MLB QLs.

I see my policy to not read the comments section of anything serves me well, even on GB.

A solid policy. I have the same policy when it comes to live chats, but for some reason I can't look away from any comment section.

Kill him!

A solid policy. I have the same policy when it comes to live chats, but for some reason I can't look away from any comment section.

I think it's sort of an exploit. My thinking is the game thinks it genuinely unintentional, since each HPB kept bringing in runs for Dan. Most intentional HBP typically happen when there are open bases. While the emotion gets the best of them, even the angriest of pitchers typically know that you don't intentionally hit a batter when the opponent can score an unearned run. I bet, if Jeff tried to hit a batter to start of the inning after, he either would have finally got a warning or been outright ejected.

Bacon

Yeah action Bronson is pretty dope. This whole year has been fire for hip hop and its only gonna get better with Kanye, run the jewels 3, drakes new album, etc. still to come

Action Bronson's new album is pretty great.

Right? It seems like a lot of people don't really like it because there's a bit more of a focus on instrumentals, but that's exactly why I'm into it.

Yeah action Bronson is pretty dope. This whole year has been fire for hip hop and its only gonna get better with Kanye, run the jewels 3, drakes new album, etc. still to come

I thought RTJ3 was coming out next year? Either way yeah, 2015 is already fucking crazy for hip-hop. Can't wait for A$AP Rocky's next thing, either.

Myggen

RTJ3 is coming out this year? Awesome if true!

And speaking as a huge, huge Kanye fan (MBDTF is one of my favourite albums the last 10 years) I have no faith in him making another great album. Please prove me wrong, Kanye, but his heart doesn't seem like it's into making great music anymore.

Right? It seems like a lot of people don't really like it because there's a bit more of a focus on instrumentals, but that's exactly why I'm into it.

Yeah, totally. 2015 has been great so far, makes up for the disappointment that was 2014.

kaninchen95

Neo Member
Let me preface this by saying I love having Dan on this site, he's breathed fresh life into a formula that was slowly getting a little stale and just overall been a great addition to the team. That being said the whole intentionally riling people up thing is kind of getting a little tiring in my opinion. Maybe it's just me but I like watching this stuff to relax and it kind of seems like he's just trying to get people mad. Overall not a huge deal but it's been kind of on the edge of my thoughts lately watching this stuff.

Bacon

I don't actually know if rtj3 is coming this year I just know they already started working on it so I'm hoping!

And speaking as a huge, huge Kanye fan (MBDTF is one of my favourite albums the last 10 years) I have no faith in him making another great album. Please prove me wrong, Kanye, but his heart doesn't seem like it's into making great music anymore.

Not a fan of Yeezus?

Tucah

you speak so well
Yeezus is excellent. I haven't been the biggest fan of the stuff he's released for the new record but I have faith it'll come together into another, at the very least, solid release.

Myggen

Lol at the plebeians who can't handle Yeezus

Mediocre album with Kanye maybe at his worst lyrically. I just can't bring myself to like that album. The songs he's released after Yeezus have been awful.

Not a fan of Yeezus?

Not at all.

Let me preface this by saying I love having Dan on this site, he's breathed fresh life into a formula that was slowly getting a little stale and just overall been a great addition to the team. That being said the whole intentionally riling people up thing is kind of getting a little tiring in my opinion. Maybe it's just me but I like watching this stuff to relax and it kind of seems like he's just trying to get people mad. Overall not a huge deal but it's been kind of on the edge of my thoughts lately watching this stuff.

I mean, if he was insulting people I would be against it, but he's just saying that he thinks thing x sucks. I get why it can get tiring for people, but as long as you're not insulting anyone I'm good. And I just can't understand why so many people get so mad when someone says that "thing x sucks" instead of "I think thing x sucks" when both are obviously personal opinions.

I mean, if he was insulting people I would be against it, but he's just saying that he thinks thing x sucks. I get why it can get tiring for people, but as long as you're not insulting anyone I'm good. And I just can't understand why so many people get so mad when someone says that "thing x sucks" instead of "I think thing x sucks" when both are obviously personal opinions.

Especially when Jeff has been doing the same thing for years. I think it's just because Dan's the new guy that peoples jimmies get rustled.

Also you are correct, those two Kanye/McCartney things weren't great.

Myggen

Especially when Jeff has been doing the same thing for years. I think it's just because Dan's the new guy that peoples jimmies get rustled.

Also you are correct, those two Kanye/McCartney things weren't great.

I think what gets some people is that Dan does it more "straight" than Jeff, which makes some people think he's being serious (or they hate that he omits "I think" before a statement). But then again you'll just have to look at the YT comments on Jeff's NIGHTS rant to see that some people will get angry over anything.

And yeah, that colab wasn't the best thing in the world :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
action bronson raps like a dude who raps to himself in the shower.

i do a backflip into a chicken nugget because i'm over like jim duggan. that's my action bronson rap.

Dammit I keep hearing good things about Kid Cudi. Am I finally gonna have to listen to him? I wrote him off because he seemed like weed rap, and I kinda hate that.

action bronson raps like a dude who raps to himself in the shower.

i do a backflip into a chicken nugget because i'm over like jim duggan. that's my action bronson rap.

Action Bronson madlib: Catch me in the [expensive vehicle] doin' a [gymnastic maneuver] with a [slang term for attractive girl] lookin' like [obscure athlete/pro wrestler from the '80s]

Dammit I keep hearing good things about Kid Cudi. Am I finally gonna have to listen to him? I wrote him off because he seemed like weed rap, and I kinda hate that.
keep? like nowadays?

he was good a long time ago

he hasn't done anything worthwhile in like 5 years now

hes more laid back sure and i guess he talks about weed but its definitely more about emotional stuff than the drugs themselves

motm 1 and 2 and his early mix tapes are certifiable classics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom