• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Dan and Danny and Danswers. But holy shit the people writing in. It's just constant relationship advice. It gets hard to hear after like 20 minutes. I mean I'm no relationship expert but I feel like everything they're answering is stuff you just figure out after being a teenager.

At the risk of sounding insensitive but I had no idea Samantha is transgender. She had me fooled.

That's awesome and the doctors are awesome. The future is now!

yup. I have a couple of friends that are trans and it's fascinating how far the medical stuff has come. I've seen first hand people who went from hating themselves and being suicidal or self-destructive to taking the hormones and starting to transition and really just being able to grab ahold of their lives and finally be happy

I kind of feel bad for people who don't know anyone who's gone through the process because I feel like just knowing the people I know has made me a better person. I understand people more, I've become a more compassionate person.

It really hurts to see people be gross about transgender issues, whether due to ignorance or phobia or just being assholes. for as far as we've come, we still have a long, long way to go

I love Dan and Danny and Danswers. But holy shit the people writing in. It's just constant relationship advice. It gets hard to hear after like 20 minutes. I mean I'm no relationship expert but I feel like everything they're answering is stuff you just figure out after being a teenager.

yeah. I realized quickly that I'm not in the target audience for that show. there's still plenty in life I haven't figure out, and no offense to those guys, but I don't think they're the ones to guide me there. but I'll listen to Samantha's episode because she rules

I'd be more annoyed by it, but Dan and Danny both seem to have really interesting---and really different---perspectives on relationships.

Well to be fair, they probably don't feel comfortable tackling some of the deeper questions since they don't have the expertise for it, and the people with more serious problems probably aren't going to go to Danswers for help. It's an entertaining podcast with pretty good general advice for mostly typical problems.

"podcasts"

taylor-swift-shake-it-off1.gif

You monsters need to stay in WrassleGAF.

What's going on here? Was Jeff actually pissed?
3 hour long game. After 2 and a half hours I think Jeff is in the lead 5 to 2 to 2 to 2. Then Mario Party BS happens and Dan wins.

Same game where Drew walks out mid game for about an hour and someone else has to step in and play for him.

Why use the white theme when you can just stare at the sun through binoculars?

3 hour long game. After 2 and a half hours I think Jeff is in the lead 5 to 2 to 2 to 2. Then Mario Party BS happens and Dan wins.

Same game where Drew walks out mid game for about an hour and someone else has to step in and play for him.

Damn, Drew got mad? It must've been intense. He doesn't seem to get upset over anything.

LiK

watching Woolfe QL. holy shit Red, STFU. she rambles on and on way too much. some devs really are clueless.

danm999

So the way you played it was right and the reviewers and Gaffers who took 10 hours to beat it played it wrong or are lying?

Weird.

People are free to play the game however they want. But you'll note that it was the 6 hour run being attacked as unrepresentative and a speed run, and I found that playtime not far from my own, and I'm generally not great at third person cover shooters, so I get very distrustful of people trying to discredit something that I found accurate.

And let's face it, the Order isn't exactly a difficult or very non-linear game. If you're coming up with a playtime almost twice the mean on Normal (rather than say, a higher difficulty), I start to get a little suspicious.

WHY IS MGSCANLON THE SAME TIME THAT BLOODBORNE UNLOCKS

decisions decisions :(

I'm not getting Bloodborne right now, so it's an easy choice. Of course, I probably won't stay up for it since I need to go to sleep for work. I'm playing through South Park after picking it up on sale from Steam and man it's really well done aside from some weird difficulty spikes. Am I missing something or can you only refill mana in that game through mana potions? It's weird that health and PP refill after every fight but mana is so hard to come by. Between that and the difficulty of pulling off some of the fart attacks, it means that I rarely use them.

Tucah

you speak so well
Bloodborne Live QL on the schedule for tomorrow too. Gonna be a great day for content
that I won't watch because I'll be busy playing Bloodborne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom