• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanGy.nz

Banned
i played y'all like a fiddle

especially

BanGy.nz

'Cause baby now we got bad blood
You know it used to be mad love
So take a look at what you've done
'Cause baby now we got bad blood

s2ogcaG.gif

danm999

I'm considering a PS4 for Bloodborne but holy shit, Gaf is so drenched in hype, I don't know who to trust for impressions.

I've gone back and forth on this, but I've been slowly trusting GAF less and less unless I know the poster.

The last straw was the Order 6 hour completion on YouTube thing, and a bunch of Gaffers came out shortly after with 9-12 hour playtimes and accused the 6 hour play through of being an unrepresentative speed run.

Then reviewers all got their hands on it, and I played through it at a friends and well, 6-7 hours is right on the mark, so IDK what the fuck all those 9-12 hour play throughs were doing.

The last straw was the Order 6 hour completion on YouTube thing, and a bunch of Gaffers came out shortly after with 9-12 hour playtimes and accused the 6 hour play through of being an unrepresentative speed run.

Then reviewers all got their hands on it, and I played through it at a friends and well, 6-7 hours is right on the mark, so IDK what the fuck all those 9-12 hour play throughs were doing.

They were busy making posts defending the game.

Someone at GB updated the premium podcast feed with a new icon! I was just thinking not to long ago why it still referenced Whiskey Media.

I've gone back and forth on this, but I've been slowly trusting GAF less and less unless I know the poster.

i dont think that has ever been the way to use gaf

there are a lot of smart posters here but just like anywhere else on the internet they can be drowned out easily by large amounts of noise (although not as easily as reddit or the like with the voting and what not)

i think you always just had to keep an eye out and slowly get to know individual posters and their tastes (even subconsciously) to compare with yours

there are people here whos word about a certain thing could heavily sway me towards a purchase

there are also people who will instantly turn me off of a game if they start to praise it (not a bad thing we just have different tastes)

i was never interested in the order because there was never anyone worth a damn (in my mind) actually saying it was good, just random posts

I felt the same way with DriveClub. It got to the point where I thought people were calling it the best racing game in years because it was the only racing game they had played in years. Then came the praise for adding basic elements like weather and replays after the fact. It's hard not to see anything other than a middling game if you're into racing games in a somewhat big way, which is funny considering the fetishist nature of the reveal of the game. I'd never think that people so passionate about cars and driving could release such a spartan racing game.

Curufinwe

So the way you played it was right and the reviewers and Gaffers who took 10 hours to beat it played it wrong or are lying?

Weird.

Myggen

When is the review embargo for bloodborne. Midnight Est?

7PM Pacific. If that's Midnight Est, you're correct!

Kevin VanOrd @fiddlecub · 33 minutes ago

My Bloodborne review will publish at 7 p.m. Pacific--just under four hours from now. It is the longest review I have written for GameSpot.

Considering staying up until I can read some reviews of Bloodborne at about 3am here is the saddest thing I've done in a while.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Interesting time for an embargo. And Metal Gear Scanlon? This night is jam packed.

Curufinwe

I felt the same way with DriveClub. It got to the point where I thought people were calling it the best racing game in years because it was the only racing game they had played in years.

That isn't why. It was because a lot of racing fans don't care for open worlds, or the racing line & rewind style of driving game that has become dominant.

To tell you the truth, I really really really want play Bloodborne, but I don't have a PS4. I'm a huge fan of the Souls games. They play a lot like
Monster Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom