• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

I just finished watching 2 fast 2 furious on my mission to watch all the fast and furious movies, it was not a good movie.

Told you to skip it, but it's just getting better from here on out.

He thinks the new dodging isn't as good as rolling even though the invincibility frames last for ages.

Yup, he is basically making the game harder for himself. The dodges in this game are incredibly fast and have tons of invincibility. Depending on the enemies you can even dodge forwards and go into a counter right away.

OK just read about the insight revelation on this page. No wonder the game seemed to get harder for no reason. I am constantly running around with 30+ insight.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Alright I decided to spoil some of bloodborne for myself and watch jeff's upf segment, and man he is like the antithesis of drew

Myggen

I'm sure Dan's stream will be on the unarchived channel in a short while if people don't want to deal with the awful Twitch archive.

Myggen

KmLYfoi.gif

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I find it hilarious that Dan has become self-aware enough to realize that he's part of the "shitty wrestling fan" contingent and will stop bringing his own signs to shows.

Myggen

I find it hilarious that Dan has become self-aware enough to realize that he's part of the "shitty wrestling fan" contingent and will stop bringing his own signs to shows.

He won't stop bringing his own signs, just the self promoting ones (according to the Powerbombcast). So the AFG and his face sign are retired. I also wouldn't really consider people who bring signs and dress up part of the "shitty wrestling fan" contingent, it's stuff like the chants during the diva match at RAW that makes me fucking embarrassed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He won't stop bringing his own signs, just the self promoting ones (according to the Powerbombcast). So the AFG and his face sign are retired. I also wouldn't really consider people who bring signs and dress up part of the "shitty wrestling fan" contingent, it's stuff like the chants during the diva match at RAW that makes me fucking embarrassed.
The self-promoting ones are the ones that are the part of that contingent of fans that Jeff was grossed out by though. lol

But I don't know why Dan or Giancarlo would find it all that surprising that a crowd would turn on performers with sexist or homophobic comments. I still remember "Cena swallows" chants from a decade ago, and I imagine that those still come around once in a while.

Myggen

The self-promoting ones are the ones that are the part of that contingent of fans that Jeff was grossed out by though. lol

But I don't know why Dan or Giancarlo would find it all that surprising that a crowd would turn on performers with sexist or homophobic comments. I still remember "Cena swallows" chants from a decade ago, and I imagine that those still come around once in a while.

I don't think they thought it was all that surprising, just that it was still pretty disgusting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think they thought it was all that surprising, just that it was still pretty disgusting.
It just seemed like they were realizing that there's this "dark side" of wrestling fandom for the first time, when... well, it's always been there.

Myggen

It just seemed like they were realizing that there's this "dark side" of wrestling fandom for the first time, when... well, it's always been there.

They've been around wrestling long enough to know that it's always been there, it just sucked that it showed up again after such a good weekend. They've talked about shitty fans on previous Powerbombcasts, and the homophobic and sexist part of the crowd is well known. It's not surprising, but it still sucks that that is still a part of it in 2015.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They've been around wrestling long enough to know that it's always been there, it just sucked that it showed up again after such a good weekend. They've talked about shitty fans on previous Powerbombcasts, and the homophobic and sexist part of the crowd is well known. It's not surprising, but it still sucks that that is still a part of it in 2015.
Yeah, it's 2015... but it's, let's face it, still wrestling.

Myggen

Yeah, it's 2015... but it's, let's face it, still wrestling.

Sure, but the crowd reaction to divas at NXT shows that we can do much better. But as long as WWE still continue to just book female wrestlers as eye candy, I guess this is the kind of shit you'll get.

Myggen

I didn't mean for this to turn into a discussion about America, so let's just drop this before the thread goes way off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom