• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucah

you speak so well
1. I just watched Fast Five. What a great film. Best FnF movie I've seen so far in my marathon. Honestly glad they moved away from the street racing BS. I really dig the ensemble cast all coming together from the first 4 movies.

The final setpiece in that movie is still one of my favorite things in an action movie in recent memory. Just fucking perfect.

I've been off and on the FnF movies. I know I've seen one or two, but I don't remember any of them or which ones they were.

I need to do a marathon for myself someday.

Megasoum

Banned
I saw 7 yesterday.... It was all right but at some point it just gets too ridiculous and dumb.

I gotta say though, the Paul Walker Send-off was really perfect. I was almost tearing up.

Anjin M

• My wife watched F&F7 after I mentioned how many people were talking about it on the various sites I frequent. She ended up liking it a lot, even though she's never seen any of the series. What have I done?
  • I don't watch Angry Joe because he's not my thing, but people should lay off him. The whole thing is an embarrassment.
  • I get why he won't, but I wish I could see Jeff stream more Bloodborne.
  • I really like that game, but I just hit a huge difficulty spike. At least I took down Blood-Starved Beast.

Hey GAF I'm getting married today

stone-cold-beer.gif

Congrats User

• I don't watch Angry Joe because he's not my thing, but people should lay off him. The whole thing is an embarrassment.

What irks me the most about a whole bunch of Youtubers is they seem to get highly vocal when supposed bad things happen to them. Then they use their own fanbase as an avenue to complain about it to try and fix their own problems. They jump straight to social media without trying to work things out behind the scenes in any way beforehand. Then there's the fact most of their problems (at least the ones highlighted on here) usually revolve around them making money and rarely revolve around creating better content for their community.

I am sure the GB guys have a whole bunch of issues weekly that never come out into the open. Jeff would not do a song and dance on Twitter if things were not going his way - and if he did it would be on a rare occasion. GB almost crashed and died before CBS stepped in, and we never knew about it until the issue was already dealt with.Everyone would have been out of a job - which is worse than not getting money for a few videos - and it was never irrationally broadcast to the world. This is how things are supposed to work.professionally. But youtubers rarely seem to act professionally.This is my issue with them.

I know I am complaining about stuff rather than trying to fix it, and I would love to produce YouTube content that I myself would like - and if it was succesfully I would try not to be a cunt about it to the people that liked it - but I don't think I have the skill to do that. There is already a successful Irish guy talking about games on the Internet anyway. Fecker.

Megasoum

Banned
What irks me the most about a whole bunch of Youtubers is they seem to get highly vocal when supposed bad things happen to them. Then they use their own fanbase as an avenue to complain about it to try and fix their own problems. They jump straight to social media without trying to work things out behind the scenes in any way beforehand. Then there's the fact most of their problems (at least the ones highlighted on here) usually revolve around them making money and rarely revolve around creating better content for their community.

I am sure the GB guys have a whole bunch of issues weekly that never come out into the open. Jeff would not do a song and dance on Twitter if things were not going his way - and if he did it would be on a rare occasion. GB almost crashed and died before CBS stepped in, and we never knew about it until the issue was already dealt with.Everyone would have been out of a job - which is worse than not getting money for a few videos - and it was never irrationally broadcast to the world. This is how things are supposed to work.professionally. But youtubers rarely seem to act professionally.This is my issue with them.

I know I am complaining about stuff rather than trying to fix it, and I would love to produce YouTube content that I myself would like - and if it was succesfully I would try not to be a cunt about it to the people that liked it - but I don't think I have the skill to do that. There is already a successful Irish guy talking about games on the Internet anyway. Fecker.

Adam Sessler not getting a free Ps4...Never forget!

1. I should try watching 2 fast 2 furious again. I watched it when it was new and it turned me off until everyone started talking about Fast 5. I remember it stinking but whatever. I need to be up to date and all my Fast and Furious lore.

2. If Nintendo wants to not play the youtube game I am fine with that. They know how they want to present their products and whenever some youtuber starts kicking up a fuss it always comes across as the most whiny, entitled bullshit.

If you want to do that and have a problem with youtubes rules which are created to protect youtubes ass then maybe you should have your own damn website and video hostage you dumb fuck.

3. Congrats on getting hitched duder. You reached the top of the social link!

Adam Sessler not getting a free Ps4...Never forget!

Hey! Sony was dramatically effecting his livelihood not giving him that free PS4!

hamchan

1. I should try watching 2 fast 2 furious again. I watched it when it was new and it turned me off until everyone started talking about Fast 5. I remember it stinking but whatever. I need to be up to date and all my Fast and Furious lore

Nah you don't have to. It's the most skippable of the lot. All it does is introduce Tyrese Gibson's character who isn't super important and acts more like the comic relief of the crew.

jaina

I prefer 50ppp. Tried 100ppp, but because I like to take breaks during thread reading and like to pause at a new page, 50ppp gives me more options.

Haha

Currently watching Breaking Brad Demons Souls and that Potato guy that I guess is constantly trolling Patrick showed up as a invader in episode 10.

Catching up on Powerbomb, knew jeff would think terminator thing was dumb and dan would think it's the best thing ever, lol.

Boobs to Sleep

tchocky

Catching up on Powerbomb, knew jeff would think terminator thing was dumb and dan would think it's the best thing ever, lol.

I have heard a few people who were in attendance say that entrance and match was much better in person than on tv although I'm sure Dan would have loved it either way.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think people just aren't used to Giant Bomb members playing Souls games well.

have they ever played them badly? patrick crushed through most of dark souls and ryan did extremely well when he played it on upf

those games aren't as hard as people think they are and it's crushing their reality is more like it

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah seeing Dan play bloodborne and this game doesn't seem that hard at all if you can just mash the normal attack while not dodging.

demidar

have they ever played them badly? patrick crushed through most of dark souls and ryan did extremely well when he played it on upf

those games aren't as hard as people think they are and it's crushing their reality is more like it

The Souls games are only slightly above average in difficulty (with a few spikes), but since I said that people will call me an elitist :/

Jintor

it's been terrible

i've been fighting the urge to buy a ps4 and play bloodbourne all week!

ps4's not backwards compatible with ps3 digital stuff right? I could renew PS+ and not be able to play my PS3 digital stuff huh

popo

All these "wow, Jeff is good at games!" comments must be killing Brad :-O

I hope Jeff plays enough of BB so, come GOTY, he can properly articulate what a bad game he thinks it is. Him growing to like it would be a shame as he, and that dumb IGN guy, are the only real press who counter some of the From hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom