• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucah

you speak so well
I thought I was going to take a break from Bloodborne for a while after beating it so I could get through other stuff, but here I am starting up NG+.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When's the next Old Games Show? Thought it was going to be a regular thing. Unless it's like a Bombastica 'regular thing'

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I thought I was going to take a break from Bloodborne for a while after beating it so I could get through other stuff, but here I am starting up NG+.

Prepare to die. I got to Cleric Beast (I'm level 90ish) and I did almost no damage to the thing.

danm999

Welp, I finished Dark Souls today about a week or so after I'd started it so I'm ready to begin Bloodborne.

Speaking generally, I did find it really frustrating and difficult for the first few hours, but then I feel like I either became good at judging how to handle/cheese attack animations and min-maxing my character because I beat pretty much stomped all the late game bosses in the first or second try.

Of course, I played a warrior using the Havel armour set and Havel's shield, and I understand Bloodborne is a non-shield game, so I may be setting myself up to experience immense distress.

Liamc723

Welp, I finished Dark Souls today about a week or so after I'd started it so I'm ready to begin Bloodborne.

Speaking generally, I did find it really frustrating and difficult for the first few hours, but then I feel like I either became good at judging how to handle/cheese attack animations and min-maxing my character because I beat pretty much stomped all the late game bosses in the first or second try.

Of course, I played a warrior using the Havel armour set and Havel's shield, and I understand Bloodborne is a non-shield game, so I may be setting myself up to experience immense distress.

I always used a shield in the previous Souls games too but Bloodborne's dodging mechanic is much improved so I don't think you'll have too much of a problem.

danm999

I wish they would fix Dark Souls 1 on PC.

It's unplayable.

It was PC I played it on and I used DSFix mod to play it on 4k at 60 FPS and I have to say it felt mostly fine from a technical perspective. Looked really good for a 2011 game actually.

Besides that though...

The controls were a special hell, and I'm convinced the targeting mechanic was designed to drive melee players mad.

I always used a shield in the previous Souls games too but Bloodborne's dodging mechanic is much improved so I don't think you'll have too much of a problem.

Ok cool, that sounds good. I'd like to try something a bit different to how I went through Dark Souls.

I spent time on Google find this....

5CGbwfI.png

I am happy

Bacon

You guys weren't kidding about that holy Baikal thread. Ooof. If I ever make a thread like that just put a bullet into my account right on the spot emcee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom