• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny how a thread about someone becoming more respectful of anime and stuff thanks to another user on the site would have the polar opposite effect on me, who didn't respect anime all too much to begin with

popo

The Souls games are only slightly above average in difficulty (with a few spikes), but since I said that people will call me an elitist :/

Depends on if you are comparing them to all games ever or just modern ones. Games like Friday 13th are just as obscure and some NES platformers like Mega Man I find much harder. Modern games like to make you feel powerful, explain everything, tell you what to do, give you a mini map and/or an arrow pointing to the next objective.

Souls games are deliberate throwbacks and it is part of their appeal to many and also why a lot of people don't like them. The people who sneer "git gud" when someone says they find it too unforgiving are the same people who look down at so called "content tourists" who play games on normal or even easy.

Myggen

Souls games are deliberate throwbacks and it is part of their appeal to many and also why a lot of people don't like them. The people who sneer "git gud" when someone says they find it too unforgiving are the same people who look down at so called "content tourists" who play games on normal or even easy.

Yeah, that part of the Souls fandom is something I'm not a fan of at all. It's on display pretty much every time someone streams the game, and you just have to go back to look at the comments under Brad and Vinny's Dark and Demon Souls series to see a LOT of it. There's always a lot of comments saying that either 1) you have to do it this way or you'll never be able to complete the game, not taking into account that there's a lot of different ways to play these games, or 2) that "you're playing the game wrong", ie. Vinny with his havel playthrough. I really like these games, but a big part of the fanbase can be really obnoxious about it.

@drewscanlon
Celebrating Easter Sunday in Mexico with the traditional ham... flavored Pringles.
CB18KeFUMAAXl_9.jpg:small

Ah, the ham Pringles tradition.

Zebetite

Banned
i would say that about any games fanbase. If i say MGS 4 is a bad game RIP Jimmy

I'm the guy who wrote over 2000 words about MGS2 in one of these threads when Drew finished it. I self-identify as a Metal Gear Solid fan.

I think Metal Gear Solid 4 is a bad game.

The people who sneer "git gud" when someone says they find it too unforgiving are the same people who look down at so called "content tourists" who play games on normal or even easy.

I never realized "content tourist" was a term. I only ever heard it from "Tourist" being the easiest difficulty on Serious Sam.

Scizzy

Jeff tearing through the opening hour of Bloodborne while Dan (fresh out of the hospital!) quietly eats 30 nuggets in the background was certainly . . . something.

Is Dark Souls on PC a pain in the ass to make work good cause I've got it on steam from a steam sale and never started it but the PS3 version is only like 14 bucks on Amazon right now. Thinking of just buying that and saving myself a potential head ache.

def sim

Is Dark Souls on PC a pain in the ass to make work good cause I've got it on steam from a steam sale and never started it but the PS3 version is only like 14 bucks on Amazon right now. Thinking of just buying that and saving myself a potential head ache.

Getting DSfix to work is painless and worth it.

its perfectly fine

it could be better

its still better than console versions

Xeteh

DSFix is pretty easy to set up and considering how hard the PS3 version chugs at points it would frustrate you more in the long run. It isn't a few framerate drops here and there... there are entire areas that just slow down.

Edit: Meant to quote and copy instead I hit submit. I'm smart, my bad.

Getting DSfix to work is painless and worth it.

its perfectly fine

it could be better

its still better than console versions

DSFix is pretty easy to set up and considering how hard the PS3 version chugs at points it would frustrate you more in the long run. It isn't a few framerate drops here and there... there are entire areas that just slow down.

Thanks guys. Yeah, PC version it'll be then, put that 15 bucks towards Affordable Space Adventures.

Jeff been forced to experienced the FFX games is automatically filtering all other games higher in terms of quality. Ergo and thusly, Jeff will now like Bloodborne

The first Mario Baseball game is pretty much the best baseball game out there. It's essentially Mario-flavored RBI Baseball (to the point where the internal name for one of its prototypes is called Famista 2003, the game its engine is based on).

Really? I pretty much ignored the Mario Baseball games despite enjoying way more Mario spinoff games than I should. How's the wii sequel?

There's only been two Mario baseball games and only one Mario basketball game.

Mario Sport's Mix had basketball in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom