• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

We should have something about Waifu's in the #14 title OT. That would be nice.

0qn4f4q.png

like i get he does it to get people "riled up"

but man

dan says some really dumb stuff on twitter sometimes

Is this about the politics thing?

Because that's the first time in a while where I just straight up think he's an idiot. Like, not necessarily just someone with bad opinions or doesn't have common sense knowledge, he just does not actually understand how the world around him works.

Scizzy

yeah it was going fine with just the Maron/Cross stuff

but then he's all "WHY CARE ABOUT POLITICS" and totally forgets he's a straight white man

Yes, Dan's very worst side is when he forgets that not everyone has the luxury to not give a shit about things and that part of the reason he gets to always assume that everything will work out OK is because a lot of people are fighting the good fight for him. And there's nothing wrong with not being politically engaged (God knows I don't dedicate much of my life to that stuff), but don't act like not caring is the secret to a happy life.

I think Dan is totally awesome, but this is the one thing about him that really gets to me.

Since when has Cross's stand up ever not been a bunch of political rants though? Shut Up You Fucking Baby is basically Bush-era liberal rage condensed into an album.

Zornack

3 doesn't have vision cones so it can't be a good game. 4 makes up for the lack of vision cones somehow, I can't remember it's been awhile since I played it, and GZ plays like candy so TPP will probably be second best after 1.

PW is a Pokemon spinoff so I don't really know where it belongs.

kai3345

Banned
Yes, Dan's very worst side is when he forgets that not everyone has the luxury to not give a shit about things and that part of the reason he gets to always assume that everything will work out OK is because a lot of people are fighting the good fight for him. And there's nothing wrong with not being politically engaged (God knows I don't dedicate much of my life to that stuff), but don't act like not caring is the secret to a happy life.

I think Dan is totally awesome, but this is the one thing about him that really gets to me.

Yeah there's nothing inherently wrong with not being politically active, but to turn around and insinuate that he's got it figured out and that everyone else is stupid is just bafflingly ignorant

I imagine Dan is a guy who has never had to worry about a kid being beaten up because he opts out of school prayer or having a kid whose school board is threatening to cut funding if they don't teach intelligent design.

Which, you know, if you don't have those worries, great. The insinuation that other people are lesser for having them is just straight up dumb redneck bullshit.

Haunted

Jeff been forced to experienced the FFX games is automatically filtering all other games higher in terms of quality. Ergo and thusly, Jeff will now like Bloodborne
The Souls series is so amazing, it's only a matter of time until someone into games awakens to its magnificience. Some get in at the ground level, others only discover it later.

I don't think it's farfetched at all that Bloodborne is where Jeff gets hooked on it.

I imagine Dan is a guy who has never had to worry about a kid being beaten up because he opts out of school prayer or having a kid whose school board is threatening to cut funding if they don't teach intelligent design.

Which, you know, if you don't have those worries, great. The insinuation that other people are lesser for having them is just straight up dumb redneck bullshit.
When Dan says dumb redneck bullshit, I'm still not sure if it's a temporary slip in judgement on when it'd be better to shut up about his honest thoughts - or just another spiel done with his troll persona in mind.

I have more amateur psychology thoughts on young Dan, but voicing them here wouldn't lead to a good place. >_>

Well I mean, i agree with Dan that not giving a shit about politics leads to being happier.

It's like...maybe he doesn't share the same perspective, but personally, lets say I start giving a shit about what they teach in school. Ok, so what? My opinion by itself is meaningless, and getting it changed would be a huge hassle and it most likely won't happen. Even if I get a group together, it still probably won't change. Life isn't a feel good movie.

That's just my thoughts on it.

Whatever

Human Revolution is still the best MGS

They should really announce that new Deus Ex game already.

I really liked Human Revolution and am hyped at the idea for a follow up but I want to know if Square will ruin it with co op or something so I know if I should stop caring or not

Well I mean, i agree with Dan that not giving a shit about politics leads to being happier.

It's like...maybe he doesn't share the same perspective, but personally, lets say I start giving a shit about what they teach in school. Ok, so what? My opinion by itself is meaningless, and getting it changed would be a huge hassle and it most likely won't happen. Even if I get a group together, it still probably won't change. Life isn't a feel good movie.

That's just my thoughts on it.

If you're in a position where you can say "I can choose to give a shit about Thing X or not give a shit about Thing X" then you're coming from a point of privilege similar to where Dan is. Whether it's ethical for you to not give a shit in that case is another discussion entirely but the thing that needs to be pointed out is that there are political issues that are actively ruining people's lives and it's not a question of "Do I give a shit" for said people.

Liamc723

When Dan says dumb redneck bullshit, I'm still not sure if it's a temporary slip in judgement on when it'd be better to shut up about his honest thoughts - or just another spiel done with his troll persona in mind.

Either way, it's a completely ignorant thing to say.

So I'm listening to the Powerbombcast out of boredom and hey Dan named drops Botchamania out of nowhere. You know which dudes are so chill with the creator of Botchamania that they had a interview with him on their podcast the day after Wrestlemania?

Super Best Friends!

They should really announce that new Deus Ex game already.

I really liked Human Revolution and am hyped at the idea for a follow up but I want to know if Square will ruin it with co op or something so I know if I should stop caring or not

They're taking their time, and frankly I'm glad for it. Everyone thought HR would be dog shit, but they took their time to get it right and it was fantastic. Hopefully the next one is the same.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I'm listening to the Powerbombcast out of boredom and hey Dan named drops Botchamania out of nowhere. You know which dudes are so chill with the creator of Botchamania that they had a interview with him on their podcast the day after Wrestlemania?

Super Best Friends!

OSW Review had him on way before that. :')

If you're in a position where you can say "I can choose to give a shit about Thing X or not give a shit about Thing X" then you're coming from a point of privilege similar to where Dan is. Whether it's ethical for you to not give a shit in that case is another discussion entirely but the thing that needs to be pointed out is that there are political issues that are actively ruining people's lives and it's not a question of "Do I give a shit" for said people.

...? Yeah, intrinsically speaking, I could choose to give a shit about things affecting me, but I don't need to get political about it. I live in a shitty situation? I'll work my way out of it. I had a bad education? I'll go the extra mile and learn something by going to college or to the local library.

I guess you can say I have the privilege of choice, of being able to exceed myself if I wanted to. I'm not going to go complain to a political party to make things better for me, I'll choose to do it on my own.

Super Best Friends!

Maffew is a man weirdly dedicated to one particular thing, but I can respect that

Super Best Friends!

Whats a super best friend

I have super best friends

Tbh I have no idea what Botchamania is about.

Anyway, this wrestling talk is actually pretty interesting. I really don't need another thing to commit to but I might just give wrestling a shot. Raw airs tomorrow night, right?

Super Best Friends!

And Guy Cihi! That was an awesome podcast.

They're taking their time, and frankly I'm glad for it. Everyone thought HR would be dog shit, but they took their time to get it right and it was fantastic. Hopefully the next one is the same.

HR was a fantastic start for a new Deus Ex, so if they're expanding on that base as well as addressing the faults that HR had then they can take as long as they like. You also just reminded me that I need to check out the developers commentary that they added.

HR was a fantastic start for a new Deus Ex, so if they're expanding on that base as well as addressing the faults that HR had then they can take as long as they like. You also just reminded me that I need to check out the developers commentary that they added.

I just worry we're going to get Sleeping Dogs'd and blindsided here.

I just worry we're going to get Sleeping Dogs'd and blindsided here.

What's even happening with that game now, though? They had their really, really weird "reveal" and we've heard nothing since. Plus Just Cause 3 got spared from microtransaction hell.

basically what I'm saying is that Square should probably commit to F2P bullshit or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom