• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year we'll finally see the Endurance Run we've been waiting for, as Jeff and/or Vinny returns to Atlus and a world of anime high school students solving their real world problems and entering an alternate world to fight monsters. That's right, an Endurance Run of SMTxFE.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Next year we'll finally see the Endurance Run we've been waiting for, as Jeff and/or Vinny returns to Atlus and a world of anime high school students solving their real world problems and entering an alternate world to fight monsters. That's right, an Endurance Run of SMTxFE.
But will that be out before P5?

We need either that or Breaking Alex-Bloodborne. I'm sure we could get mileage out of it.

Tucah

you speak so well

i'll take it

Eww

What's even happening with that game now, though? They had their really, really weird "reveal" and we've heard nothing since. Plus Just Cause 3 got spared from microtransaction hell.

basically what I'm saying is that Square should probably commit to F2P bullshit or not

They've actually showd off a ton of that Sleeping Dogs game, they do streams all the time & post um on YouTube. It's in closed beta (I tried to get in but Square-Enix's community site is a fucking nightmare). It looks kinda interesting. Though I would much prefer a proper Sleepy Dogs sequel too.

I just worry we're going to get Sleeping Dogs'd and blindsided here.

I feel if they were going that route they probably would have announced something by now, plus Just Cause and Tomb Raider show that they're fine with continuing single player experiences.

What's even happening with that game now, though? They had their really, really weird "reveal" and we've heard nothing since. Plus Just Cause 3 got spared from microtransaction hell.

basically what I'm saying is that Square should probably commit to F2P bullshit or not

A closed beta is currently running:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1016902

They've actually showd off a ton of that Sleeping Dogs game, they do streams all the time & post um on YouTube. It's in closed beta (I tried to get in but Square-Enix's community site is a fucking nightmare). It looks kinda interesting. Though I would much prefer a proper Sleepy Dogs sequel too.

Oh right, that's... well I guess it's still basically what they said it was then

Square pls give a sequel

Seventy70

I think most anime is garbage, but I watched Space Brothers a year or two back and remember enjoying it. It didn't have much of the normal anime garbage in there. I have a feeling Drew would be a fan due to his interests, but I've never seen past 3 or 4 episodes. Anyone here watch it? Does it stay good or does it go to shit?

I think most anime is garbage, but I watched Space Brothers a year or two back and remember enjoying it. It didn't have much of the normal anime garbage in there. I have a feeling Drew would be a fan due to his interests, but I've never seen past 3 or 4 episodes. Anyone here watch it? Does it stay good or does it go to shit?

It's probably bad because there's no cute girls in it.

- J - D -

In the spirit of MGScanlon, I've just started playing MGS4 after having finished MGS3 last week for the upteenth time. I haven't played 4 since it first came out in 2008. The last save I have for it is from Jun 15th, 2008.

In the time since, I've played through MGS1, 2, and 3 at least a half dozen times each.

I can't really explain my apathy for MGS4, but I'm skulking around pmcs and militia soldiers both and I'm already ready to give up and just wait for Drew and Dan to play it instead.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
#EStalk
f8yE1XK.jpg

tesqui

Oh man I wonder if he's just forcing himself through it, or if he's legitimately enjoying bloodborne?

Either way can't wait for his impressions on bombcast!

Oh man I wonder if he's just forcing himself through it, or if he's legitimately enjoying bloodborne?

Either way can't wait for his impressions on bombcast!

Jeff doesn't seem like a person who'd force himself through a game. He's not playing BB because of a QL or embargo, and there's no other reason to play the game. Jeff strikes me as the guy who wouldn't play a game he doesn't like if he doesn't need to.

- J - D -

The difference between Destiny and Bloodborne/Souls is that Jeff legitimately enjoys the gameplay/gunplay of Destiny. It's everything else in it he despises.

The difference between Destiny and Bloodborne/Souls is that Jeff legitimately enjoys the gameplay/gunplay of Destiny. It's everything else in it he despises.

Yeah, Destiny has really good gunplay, and I think Jeff said he wanted to see the Raid. After the raid though, he got like the most wanted Assault Rifle and then just quit afterwards.

Jeff's biggest issue with past Souls games where the long attack animations and the camera.

Since combat in BB is so much faster, most of the animations are super snappy so that really isnt much if a problem now. Maybe that will be enough to get him though some of it.

danm999

Wasn't Jeff playing a From game under his own volition and enjoying it one of the signs of the apocalypse?

Anyway, I'll be interested to hear his impressions next Bombcast.

Jeff was the last bastion of hope on the podcast for people like me who are indifferent/dislike From's games. This is the darkest path things could have taken.

AngryMoth

Ok started tackling my GB backlog that has accumilated over the last 2 weeks thanks to my bloodborne obsession. Which quick looks are worth watching?

Seventy70

Doesn't Jeff's girlfriend use his account? Without Jeff's experience in being indifferent to cool stuff, she probably couldn't resist falling into a Soulsian stupor.

Logically, this is the only proper conclusion.

Or maybe Dr. Tracksuit is "borrowing" his PS4.

You know he's got Dan hooked on his Nugg Dust these days....apparently Dan sold his appendix for some. That's why he went to the "hospital" on Friday, but idk. That's just what I've been hearing on the dirt sheets. It was only a matter of time until he got Jeff trading his stuff in for some of that Dust as well.

That damn Dr. Tracksuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom