• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are people talking about? the GBEAST QLs are of terrible mobile ports. Other than that Bloodborne test stream, I can't think of one thing they did that was enjoyable since they beat Contra

Liamc723

What are people talking about? the GBEAST QLs are of terrible mobile ports. Other than that Bloodborne test stream, I can't think of one thing they did that was enjoyable since they beat Contra

Huh, I never knew Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious was a mobile port.

hamchan

The worst games are the best QLs. That Raven's Cry QL that GBEAST did is currently on track to be QL of the Year I reckon......

repeater

#EStalk
f8yE1XK.jpg
EfkjzCv.gif

You know.... making GAF posts is hard..

Bacon

I know it's brought up nearly every year but we should really do a gb gaf vote for best quick look of the year this year. Could be fun!

Silly question, but does anyone do timestamps of topics for the Power Bombcast? I want to compile all of Jeff's Brock Lesnar rants and eventually the point where he said he kind of comes around on him.

Quite a turn around, isn't it? People were doubting the combo would work, but they're a damned good combo.

It's not so shocking to me. Vinny is Vinny. And Alex is good when he has someone to work off of, he's just been stuck by himself or with Patrick for a long time. With Vinny he's actually able to do some funny things and not just discuss the news.

It's not so shocking to me. Vinny is Vinny. And Alex is good when he has someone to work off of, he's just been stuck by himself or with Patrick for a long time. With Vinny he's actually able to do some funny things and not just discuss the news.

Alex's snark and cynicism is masterclass. Especially in writing. He's the GOAT article-man of Giant Bomb.

Hmm the powerbombcast talk went into the discussion of the sexist chanting on a woman's match. Is there any movement to stop that bullshit? Does the WWE ever make statements on it?

Souls games rewarded patient turtling. Bloodborne rewards being on the offense and ganking mother fuckers. Ipso facto, Jeff dislikes Souls games and likes Bloodborne.

Liamc723

Has anyone else just kinda moved on from Bloodborne? I've finished it and it's a great game, but I'm not feeling a NG+ run for quite a while.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Pay $0.99 to pick up the purse
People are now looking at me strangely because I bursted out laughing thanks to this joke. Never GAF in public.
Hmm the powerbombcast talk went into the discussion of the sexist chanting on a woman's match. Is there any movement to stop that bullshit? Does the WWE ever make statements on it?
#GiveDivasAChance is/was kinda sorta maybe a movement dealing with the sexism within the company.

Brett Gerstmann playing more Bloodborne has me excited for the next podcast.

Scizzy

Has anyone else just kinda moved on from Bloodborne? I've finished it and it's a great game, but I'm not feeling a NG+ run for quite a while.

Yes, me too. I started NG+, died about 10 minutes in, and had absolutely no wish to keep going. I'll pick it up again in a few months, probably.

Liamc723

Yes, me too. I started NG+, died about 10 minutes in, and had absolutely no wish to keep going. I'll pick it up again in a few months, probably.

I was exactly the same. I wanted to spend the 230,000 blood echoes I got from beating the 2 final bosses so I got past the Cleric Beast, spent them and then put the game down.

danm999

Oh the games aren't neccessarily enjoyable at all, but watching them being played/suffered through is, for me at least.

Since Contra they've done Raven's Cry, Enforcer Police Crime Action, Lucius II, Bot Colony, Velvet Sundown...

The Vinny/Alex duo is killing it.

hamchan

I've never wanted to start NG+ immediately after finishing a Souls game. The games are 30+ hour commitments, time that could be used to start playing new games rather than the same (albeit brilliant) game again.

Even though miyazaki is just 40 years old he did mention he doesn't know if he can make much more of these games :(

Getting a job as a coder , making 3 exellent games and becoming a president of a company in the space of 10 years is still amazing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, I say this as a person who has played the other souls games but haven't touched bloodborne yet due to lack of a PS4, but none of the bosses I've seen really looked all that hard especially with the new dodge mechanic. Father G just looks like a less hard Artorias.

Even though miyazaki is just 40 years old he did mention he doesn't know if he can make much more of these games :(

Getting a job as a coder , making 3 exellent games and becoming a president of a company in the space of 10 years is still amazing.

Seems kinda like Sakurai. He nearly kills himself from overwork when he makes Super Smash. I have no idea how Nintendo can convince him to make another.

It seems like the B-team did pretty well by Dark Souls 2, he may be able to take a less active role in the near future.

I dunno, I say this as a person who has played the other souls games but haven't touched bloodborne yet due to lack of a PS4, but none of the bosses I've seen really looked all that hard especially with the new dodge mechanic. Father G just looks like a less hard Artorias.

Rom can fuck you up tho

Has anybody here been to cainHurst in bb ? I would love dlc set in that area

You're correct (though I haven't fought all the bosses yet). But then again Artorias is the hardest boss in that game.

BearPawB

Banned
I think i have 2-3 bosses left. The bosses are definitely the easiest part of the game. Not that it's a bad thing. The majority have at least been interesting to look at.

Liamc723

I've never wanted to start NG+ immediately after finishing a Souls game. The games are 30+ hour commitments, time that could be used to start playing new games rather than the same (albeit brilliant) game again.

Yeah, I'd always prefer to start a completely new game instead. I've actually heard that NG+ is pretty poor in Bloodborne, so I might not actually do another run at all. I guess if I have a period where there's literally nothing else for me to play, I'll jump back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom