• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems kinda like Sakurai. He nearly kills himself from overwork when he makes Super Smash. I have no idea how Nintendo can convince him to make another.

It seems like the B-team did pretty well by Dark Souls 2, he may be able to take a less active role in the near future.

in terms of design and art team b need to step up. Its so easy to point out and say yup that is a miyazaki game. Hopefully they learnt from ds2 but we don't know if Namco is pushing for a ds3 this soon.

Tucah

you speak so well
Has anybody here been to cainHurst in bb ? I would love dlc set in that area

Cainhurst is amazing, probably my favorite area aesthetic/atmosphere-wise. First stepping foot in there was so cool, I'd play more in there/settings like that in a heartbeat (but I would also play more of ANY type of area).

in terms of design and art team b need to step up. Its so easy to point out and say yup that is a miyazaki game. Hopefully they learnt from ds2 but we don't know if Namco is pushing for a ds3 this soon.

Unless Miyazaki was directly involved, that first DLC definitely felt as close to a Miyazaki souls game as you can get.

Even though miyazaki is just 40 years old he did mention he doesn't know if he can make much more of these games :(

Getting a job as a coder , making 3 exellent games and becoming a president of a company in the space of 10 years is still amazing.

i mean he did kind of save a company that was largely known for making obscure, confusing games for weirdos by making slightly less obscure, confusing games for weirdos

BearPawB

Banned
I know everyone complains that companies pump out /advertise DLC too early, but damn, I wish we knew whether bloodborne would have any yet. Like, I am sure it will, but i want it nowwww

Unless Miyazaki was directly involved, that first DLC definitely felt as close to a Miyazaki souls game as you can get.

Yup I have heard the dlc is a lot better than the base game

Cainhurst is amazing, probably my favorite area aesthetic/atmosphere-wise. First stepping foot in there was so cool, I'd play more in there/settings like that in a heartbeat (but I would also play more of ANY type of area).

Totally also there is some interesting lore in that area I need enb explanation now!

FStop7

Banned
screenshot2015-04-05admuwy.png

What the fuck have I done...

I know everyone complains that companies pump out /advertise DLC too early, but damn, I wish we knew whether bloodborne would have any yet. Like, I am sure it will, but i want it nowwww

It definitely will. I don't think Demon's Souls had any DLC but both Dark Souls did. There's also no way they're in full production on their next game yet so I imagine they'll have some of their development staff work on DLC before they go into full production on Dark Demon's Souls: Blood or whatever their next game is.

Liamc723

And it's a completely optional area that you have to jump a few hoops though to even access. Definitely my favourite area in the game.

i mean he did kind of save a company that was largely known for making obscure, confusing games for weirdos by making slightly less obscure, confusing games for weirdos

Metal wolf chaos

The most American game ever

Only released in Japan

Only on xbox

I really wish we knew who owns the ip. Sega or ms.

On the wwe network topic I am still re-watching through wwe content from 1997 to 2006.

I am at the story line where mae young gives birth to hand

I'm really interested on sales figures for Bloodborne. BB definitely had the most marketing around it of any From game so far. I wonder if it will finally be mainstream or still a more niche title. DaS sold 1 million+ copies on PC alone though so it might be past niche as-is.

BearPawB

Banned
screenshot2015-04-05admuwy.png

What the fuck have I done...

Because of GB I have gotten into wrestling a bit. I've actually enjoyed the network quite a bit, It is a good value, especially with PPVs and such.

I always disliked wrestling because it seemed super immature (suck it! etc...) But, i feel like they have toned that shit down in recent years.

I'm really interested on sales figures for Bloodborne. BB definitely had the most marketing around it of any From game so far. I wonder if it will finally be mainstream or still a more niche title. DaS sold 1 million+ copies on PC alone though so it might be past niche as-is.

Bb first weeks sales beat ds2 first week sales in the UK. Its a good start for sure.

Man, this could have been the coolest fucking thing in the entire goddamn world and it was pissed away in the laziest fucking fashion. Just imagine exo-HHH strutting to the ring, or a plume of smoke covering up those inital terminators before HHH was revealed holding a trio of robot skulls in each hand... or anything, ANYTHING than "lazy handoff between costumed stage hands," whatever that bullshit was.

people keep talking about bioforge...I haven't watched it yet, so who plays it? Is it worth my time? I am watching YuYu Hakusho, it is worth dropping that to watch it?

Tucah

you speak so well
people keep talking about bioforge...I haven't watched it yet, so who plays it? Is it worth my time? I am watching YuYu Hakusho, it is worth dropping that to watch it?

Vinny playing, with Patrick and Danny there (maybe Drew? I can't remember, but definitely those three). Watch it immediately.

I dunno, I say this as a person who has played the other souls games but haven't touched bloodborne yet due to lack of a PS4, but none of the bosses I've seen really looked all that hard especially with the new dodge mechanic. Father G just looks like a less hard Artorias.

my experience was that most of the required bosses were easy, but some of the optional ones were pretty hard. Hardest ones were
Ebrietas, Abhorrent Beast, and the second boss of the Defiled chalice

The answer to your first question is "Vinny," which is also the answer to your second question.

fultoning people is possibly the second most satisfying mechanic in all of metal gear

It's so wonderful, especially when rescuing POWs. Is Peace Walker like what they're advertising TPP as being, where the enemies start to wear helmets as they learn that you headshot a lot? Or is the point where they start wearing helmets just hard coded into the game?

danm999

Vinny, Patrick, Drew and Danny, and hell yes.

It might be my favorite piece of site content.

Zornack

Anyone remember the pre-stream to Bioforge where Vinny and Danny played through a tiny bit of some weird old PC game where you played as a knight dude in some cave?

The whole thing is a completely magical playthrough that only a dude like Vinny could pull off. It seriously couldn't get any better than it was. If you wanted to know why premium memberships are worth it, BnB is it.

IIRC it actually started in an Unprofessional Friday segment, before "Backflips 'n' Bioforge' became a proper thing.

FStop7

Banned
I'm watching early Nitros. I forgot how good Steven/William Regal was on the mic.

After pinning Alex Wright...

"It's Memorial Day and my father will be so pleased I beat Junior Adolf."

oh god I'm watching a best of of the bioforge run

I forgot about the alien cube

Patrick, reading from a strategy guide: "Now is the time to...alien cube? What do you..."

erawsd

Oh weird, I fought a completely different Hunter during that part Dans on. It was some dude with blink evasion and a shit ton of health, probably one of the hardest fights in the game for me.

BearPawB

Banned
Oh weird, I fought a completely different Hunter during that part Dans on. It was some dude with blink evasion and a shit ton of health, probably one of the hardest fights in the game for me.

really? i fought the lady dan just fought. And she was pretttyy hard. Dan was hitting her way harder than i was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom