• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Oh man I need to watch that UPF again I missed them playing time commando! I loved that game as a dumb kid!

Dan hasn't done a second bloodborne stream has he? I know he said he was going to do one yesterday but he never did right?

According to Twitter he did do a second stream.

Isn't that just a barbecue in Scotland?

UtW0IFt.gif

Jamie OD

Catching up on the Unplugged show and I noticed a great wrestling pun for Dan's attempt to drown the goblin with a German Suplex.
The goblin kicks out at two!
A little surprised Dan didn't notice it.

this Sky Battles QL is pretty good

it's hard to make video games.

e: this looks like an OG xbox game. particularly one developed in 4:3 with a shoddy 16:9 option put in and they didn't fix the UI to scale

LiK

He's not very good at the game, never uses the alternate weapon modes or parry's it seems like at all. But we still love ya anyways dan!

wait, really? lol, looking forward to seeing how he does in the later areas then.

Just finished watching F&F 4, I think I enjoyed that less than 2 which I was totally not expecting, at least Tokyo Drift was fun.

yea, most disagree with me but I prefer 2FAST more than F&F4. the second one was just dumb fun and humor. Also, I like Tyrese.

Fox318

Powerbombcast was a nice listen.

I have no idea why Jeff watches wrestling. I feel like he should just stick with bad reality TV if he wants bad TV and shit writing.

This Sky battles quicklook is pretty great, Vinny and Alex are the perfect pair for doing quicklooks of bad games.

yea, most disagree with me but I prefer 2FAST more than F&F4. the second one was just dumb fun and humor. Also, I like Tyrese.

Yup, 2Fast2Furious is bad but at least it's also stupid, F&F4 is bad but is so serious that it just becomes boring.

Fjordson

I just signed up for an account and bought a month of premium to try it out... I feel like I've started down a dark path lol
Nice. There's a mountain of great content to check out.

I had like a two year period of not being a premium member, so I'm actually going back and checking out older stuff. Watching Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls right now and it's so good. Vinny and Brad was an awesome combo.

sub_o

It seems like Jeff was still playing Bloodborne after UPF.

screenshot2015-04-06aosbvk.png

He managed to beat both the Cleric Beast and the 2nd boss (
Father Gascoigne
)

this Sky Battles QL is pretty good

it's hard to make video games.

e: this looks like an OG xbox game. particularly one developed in 4:3 with a shoddy 16:9 option put in and they didn't fix the UI to scale

Crimson skies is insulted you would insinuate that pos would be in the same neighborhood.

"Vinny and Alex is a awesome combo." "Vinny and Jeff was a awesome combo." "Vinny and Brad was a awesome combo."

Enough. Lets stop playing around. A Vinny quick look is always great no matter who he is with. Dude could be in there with Chris Waters and still do a entertaining quick look.

hamchan

"Vinny and Alex is a awesome combo." "Vinny and Jeff was a awesome combo." "Vinny and Brad was a awesome combo."

Enough. Lets stop playing around. A Vinny quick look is always great no matter who he is with. Dude could be in there with Chris Waters and still do a entertaining quick look.

This. It's the Vinny part that is awesome guys.

Vinny is definitely a power booster but let's not go overboard. Those three dudes are all awesome in their own right. If I find the dude just flatout awful Vinny's power boosting ability ain't gonna do shit. That podcast he was on with that CNET dude, for instance. I couldn't make it through it because I did not want to keep listening to that guy regardless of Vinny involvement.

So, Sky Battles... it's something, I guess.

Not even Vinny could have saved Professional Wednesdays.

Vinny is definitely a power booster but let's not go overboard. Those three dudes are all awesome in their own right. If I find the dude just flatout awful Vinny's power boosting ability ain't gonna do shit. That podcast he was on with that CNET dude, for instance. I couldn't make it through it because I did not want to keep listening to that guy regardless of Vinny involvement.
But dude, if Nintendo actually spent money on R&D they could change everything!

Fjordson

Vinny is definitely worth watching no matter the combo, though he and Alex aren't as great for me as Vinny + one of the other original three. He and Brad, Jeff or Ryan was magic.

Frith

Alex is improving all the time i think he has the potential to be truly great all his problems are about relaxing into the vibe and he's making great strides. everyone else has so much more screen time even though he's been around he hasn't done that much of the quick look stuff over the last 6 years.
he's funny knows stuff and has an interesting personality he just has to loose a tiny bit of self loathing (not too much just enough to get confidence in his jokes) and get the hang of vinnys improv thing and he will be all over it.

its still the weekend right?

The 2nd boss in Bloodborne is such a dificulty spike that if Jeff got past that and wasnt completely turned off I think he could make it pretty far into the game without getting overly frustrated.

The 2nd boss in Bloodborne is such a dificulty spike that if Jeff got past that and wasnt completely turned off I think he could make it pretty far into the game without getting overly frustrated.

I think the biggest spike is probably Undead Village, though Father Gascoigne was a tough if you didn't have parry/riposte figured out yet

Zornack

Can you parry the Cleric and the last phase of Father? If so then by golly did I fuck up.

I didn't even realize you could parry BSB until I fought him for the second time in a chalice dungeon.

Tucah

you speak so well
Can you parry the Cleric and the last phase of Father? If so then by golly did I fuck up.

I didn't even realize you could parry BSB until I fought him for the second time in a chalice dungeon.

You can parry the last phase of Father, I never parried Cleric so I don't know about that.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I think the biggest spike is probably Undead Village, though Father Gascoigne was a tough if you didn't have parry/riposte figured out yet

or you could have been instructed to carry the music box and a full batch of molotovs and done fine. took me about 4 times, but got him on my fifth with that strategy and very little parrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom