• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad's mentioned that he's been playing it so it'll happen at some point.

Wonderful. Their Souls QLs/videos are my favourite to watch, yet I didn't get into the series myself until Bloodborne :p.

If the GiantBomb East Bloodborne thing becomes regular then I'll have to finally purchase GB Premium.

i'm part of the weird contingent of possibly 1 person that is looking forward to playing DSII more than bloodborne. I passed on the initial pc release as i waited for a GOTY/Collection edition, then passed on DSII when it got cheap because of the DX11 version, and now i'm patiently waiting for the DX11 version to get cheap so i can finally try it out.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I enjoyed Drew's loud, deliberate way of reloading the RPG. Really hammering on the pad.

lol I noticed this as well. I was wondering why he did it so loud and slow like CLICK -- CLICK, rather than click-click

I liked how dan did the hand gesture thing in sync with ocelot. He really gets into his cool guy animes

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
i'm part of the weird contingent of possibly 1 person that is looking forward to playing DSII more than bloodborne. I passed on the initial pc release as i waited for a GOTY/Collection edition, then passed on DSII when it got cheap because of the DX11 version, and now i'm patiently waiting for the DX11 version to get cheap so i can finally try it out.

It's a good game. I liked it more than Demon's Souls.

Make sure you get the right version they gave the DX9 & DX11 version the same name

Edit i guess they fixed it now but make sure it says Scholar of the first sin

demidar

lol I noticed this as well. I was wondering why he did it so loud and slow like CLICK -- CLICK, rather than click-click

I liked how dan did the hand gesture thing in sync with ocelot. He really gets into his cool guy animes

I think they talked about it on an earlier episode, something like the triggers weren't very responsive so Drew had to press down fairly hard.

I think.

I am looking forward to finally play Dark 2.

Skipped it first time around for basically the same reasons. Just going to let the Remasters price drop a bit first.

Tucah

you speak so well
I only played DS2 once, kind of curious to check it out again once the PS4 version drops in price a bit.

LiK

I am looking forward to finally play Dark 2.

Skipped it first time around for basically the same reasons. Just going to let the Remasters price drop a bit first.

Remaster is gonna be quite different from what i read. they changed almost all enemy placements and locations so it's gonna be real fresh even for vets like me. heard it's also gonna be harder so i'm curious how new people will get into it. vanilla was fun even with all the gripes i had with some parts of it.

I imagine anyone without a PS4 is looking more forward to DS2 than BB

No_Style

Poor Drew listening to the codecs over and over again and not getting it. He has a low video game IQ.

Lol @ Dan's face everytime Drew just rolls and lies on the ground.

It's not low video game IQ. I don't think he likes the game enough to pay attention. People tend to retain the things they enjoy. We've seen Drew retain a lot of knowledge in Halo, flight sims and other things that he enjoys.

Thank goodness Dan is there to remind him of the basics. It's been like twenty hours and he still doesn't remember to keep an eye on the stamina. It's been three games and he still doesn't remember to check with codecs and to tap the button to quick reload.

I still enjoyed the series but mostly because of Dan's enthusiasm and the tidbits of info that I never encountered.

CBwCPuCUsAEh-eI.jpg

What I enjoy about Metal Gear are the moments where the characters stop talking and Kojima starts talking. It's like the inverse David Cage of gaming where the insanity becomes the enjoyable spectacle.

Why the fuck has there not been a Mass Effect trilogy on new consoles?

Any time a new remaster comes out I just get mad that there is still no talk of one. That's one series I would completely understand a rerelease at this point.

Bacon

Any time a new remaster comes out I just get mad that there is still no talk of one. That's one series I would completely understand a rerelease at this point.

If they do this I hope they do a lot of work to ME1. The gameplay is real rough to go back to nowadays

Liamc723

I'd buy that day one, but I don't think we'll be getting it unfortunately.

Except for Yearly sport titles has EA done a remaster ever?

Tucah

you speak so well

I wouldn't be surprised to see one when they do a proper reveal of ME4.

It'll almost certainly 100% happen, but probably closer to release/announcement of the new ME title.

I never even played the trilogy, I was kind of just not playing any games around the time they came out and now I'm just waiting for a remaster to play the whole series.

With the game flat-out lying about the Fury fight and the fact that guns apparently work fine on Volgin, why would you ever bother with punching him?

Yeah, Drew mentioned that a few episodes back about an open game giving off airs that there is a One Way to do a boss fight when it's as open as most any of the boss fights. It's a legit complaint.

Mully

Philosophers Legacy is Swordfish's bank account thing in video game form.

You know what? MGS3 is basically Swordfish and every Kurt Russell film ever in video game form.

Patryn

I'd buy that day one, but I don't think we'll be getting it unfortunately.

You guys might want to join us in this thread.

While this is no means a guarantee a remaster is coming, Aaryn Flynn, the GM for Bioware Montreal and Edmonton, came into the thread some months back specifically asking what people would like to see in a remaster.

You guys might want to join us in this thread.

While this is no means a guarantee a remaster is coming, Aaryn Flynn, the GM for Bioware Montreal and Edmonton, came into the thread some months back specifically asking what people would like to see in a remaster.

That's awesome to hear, but I will avoid that thread because I haven't actually played the series.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I think they talked about it on an earlier episode, something like the triggers weren't very responsive so Drew had to press down fairly hard.

I think.

Ah that would make sense

Probably clogged up with gamer grub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom