• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's good at most games.

well he's no Brad but yeah

W35U0Cb.png

Mully

I wonder if Bloodborne will be looked at the same way Dark Souls 2 is seen now. Reviews were good to great, but now critics see it as just an okay game.

Anjin M

i wonder how high you have to be to consider bloodborne an "original ip" (not that it matters if it is or isn't, mind)

It would be hard to say that different Call Of Duty games are different IPs. But what about Baldur's Gate vs Icewind Dale? Are they the same IP because they share an engine and play nearly identical? Original IP is in the eye of the beholder.

I think by the generally positive nature of the scores, probably not.
It only takes one outlier to blow the whole thread sky high.

danm999

It only takes one outlier to blow the whole thread sky high.

True, but let's just say I don't think you'll be treated to hilarious outbursts about putting the game journalism industry on trial and people bringing up how you shouldn't post anything that would make ISIS mad if it was about them.

Patrick is awesome

And wtf why does bb come out on Friday

Ah cool. Sometimes I think I'm alone on that one. I knew you were the best Jimmy!

Yeah it seems like worldwide release dates are the way to go nowadays. The whole traditional retail release day being Friday in UK/Ireland seems a bit dated with digital downloads being so prominent now. Unless I'm missing another reason for the staggered release?

Anjin M

True, but let's just say I don't think you'll be treated to hilarious outbursts about putting the game journalism industry on trial and people bringing up how you shouldn't post anything that would make ISIS mad if it was about them.
Ah, I miss the good old days. :)

Ah cool. Sometimes I think I'm alone on that one. I knew you were the best Jimmy!

Yeah it seems like worldwide release dates are the way to go nowadays. The whole traditional retail release day being Friday in UK/Ireland seems a bit dated with digital downloads being so prominent now. Unless I'm missing another reason for the staggered release?

Its weird

For infamous and tlou it came out on worldwide on a Friday

I wish Sony stuck with that model!

In the UK retailers always hold up digital releases

Nintenyearold

Neo Member
I was thinking it was Tuesday a couple hours ago and was lamenting the 'late' bombcast until I realized what day it was.

But it turns out I'm not an idiot, I'm a fucking psychic!

While you're here, great job on the review thread. You're not the one we wanted to head that thread, but the one we needed :)

~~~~
By far I think Drews enjoying the MGS3 fights more than usual. He hasn't complained how they're unfair or anything, and he's really trying out his options. Drews in the MGS groove 8D

danm999

oh god i completely forgot about that

how embarrassing that is

Two weeks into the slowest month of the year and only a little over an hour of premium content? Harrumph I say.

Yeah content has been at a very nice pace ever seen Dan joined.

By far I think Drews enjoying the MGS3 fights more than usual. He hasn't complained how they're unfair or anything, and he's really trying out his options. Drews in the MGS groove 8D

But he hasn't let it compromise his signature moves based on how he dealt the deathblow to the End.

Zebetite

Banned
i think my brother's bloodborne adventures are wrecking my home network because i can't watch scanlon without frequent pauses and now i'm downloading a bombcast at sub-100 KB/s so that tonight isnt a total waste so what i'm trying to say is bloodborne can eat a dick

LiK

While you're here, great job on the review thread. You're not the one we wanted to head that thread, but the one we needed :)

~~~~

hah, thanks. i got frustrated too so might as well. ^^

hah, thanks. i got frustrated too so might as well. ^^

Awww :( Hope it's not too bad. Sit back and relax with Scanlon tonight~ You've earned it.

~~
I think Fury is the first boss in MGS3 that's really making him think into his strategy. Boy oh boy, they ramp up after him! In a way The Progression in MGS3 is loads better than other MGS titles in terms of a ramping difficulty.
Editedit-

OH my god at 1:02 of MGScanlon, Drew and Dan get sassy, and then right on queue Fury sasses them back. That timing is beyond perfect.

Rlan

CA1XhaqUgAE4_7M.png

Yes, awesome! :)

Now the question is whether it's a Brad & Ryckert joint or a Vinny & Alex extravaganza.

Edit: Ah! A Jeff and Dan QL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom