• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelcar

Two weeks in a row with no Drew on the bombcast. I wonder if he`s not permanent anymore. I do like the rotation of the 4th spot though. I like hearing what the other duders have to say too.

erawsd

New Danswers, New Bombcast, New Metal Gear Scanlon, New Powerbombcast extra... What the hell kind of giantbomb Monday is this?

Spinx

Is he doing a "Dan Ryckert vs Monter Hunter" type thing?

Mostly whining about checkpoints and how even mega man had checkpoints before bosses.

Maybe he's right. I've always accepted Souls games how they are, not how I wanted them to be.

Also, Dan Stapleton on Twitter about Bloodborne is hilarious. No checkpoints at the fog gate, bad game design. Tsk tsk

Dan Stapleton's Twitter is hilarious. Him making stupid comments about this particular game is just another case of him making stupid comments about a game.

Jintor

Mostly whining about checkpoints and how even mega man had checkpoints before bosses.

Maybe he's right. I've always accepted Souls games how they are, not how I wanted them to be.

he's playing a souls game

it's like whining about how little guns the sims have. It's like complaining that an apple isn't an orange.

Zocano

The Fury actually took me *BY FAR* the longest time to beat on first try. The End is great but for a "long" boss fight, it's all about patience. And your patience greatly rewards you.

The Fury is just a fucking gung-ho GO GO GO boss fight that's all about aggression. Sure it's fitting, but it's such a fucking throw-off coming from The End. I mean on my second and third playthroughs, he's incredibly simple, but the first time is such a slog when you aren't sure how of much you can stick yourself out there to attack or how often you should be attacking and such.

the 'no attacking from the front' thing seems misleading
I mean, it makes sense unless you want a face full of flames since he can react pretty quickly. Doesn't mean it's not possible, though. (Plus, he could have shot him every time he just sat there counting down before launching.)

BigBoss

I remember the framerate in the PS2 version getting soooo bad during The Fury boss fight, close to single digit fps.

justjim89

Man, Drew is missing so many chances in this Fury fight. Every time he counts down you can headshot him with the SVD. Every time he lands somewhere you can get a shot on him. Of course, he doesn't know that because the codec makes it sound like you can't attack his front at all. But at a certain point Drew is trying to pour smoke through a keyhole.

justjim89

Drew.

Drew please.

Just shoot the man with a gun. You're treating it like an adventure game, but the only puzzle here is use gun on man.

Myggen

I think my clearest memory from playing MGS3 when it came out was how The Fury just kicked my PS2's ass. The framerate during that fight was terrrrrrible.

Why, yes. Yes it does.

Also, Dan Stapleton on Twitter about Bloodborne is hilarious. No checkpoints at the fog gate, bad game design. Tsk tsk

if it's the same area i'm thinking of, there totally is a checkpoint that's really not that far away, he probably just didn't find it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom