• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wait for the next Metal Gear Scanlon is killing me, because the end of that game is so damn good. I wanna see it again. I'd be playing it right now if I still had my PS3 =/ Hope Drew likes it.

Jeff got another Bloodborne trophy that's more recent than any of his Mortal Kombat X trophies. Do you believe in miracles?

I'm looking at it right now and his last bb trophy was the 6th and mkx was the 7th

why must you turn this thread into a house of lies

The wait for the next Metal Gear Scanlon is killing me, because the end of that game is so damn good. I wanna see it again. I'd be playing it right now if I still had my PS3 =/ Hope Drew likes it.

if drew doesn't cry i'll have lost all hope

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
stalking jeff's trophies to see if he's playing a game might be worse than wondering which gb staff member would be the best dad

I'm pretty sure it's well circulated hearsay. Shiggy has been on record saying he actually liked the DKC series.

Ah, fair enough. My understanding was that he retracted the statement afterwards as per that website Giant Bomb.
Not an opinion I necessarily hold myself, but something just didn't click with me on those games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Need the giantbomb detectives squad to tell me what video this famous gif comes from:

dark_souls_by_alo81-d6nrmmw.gif

I don't think it's the quicklook. I need to hear Vinny reaction to when it happens

Need the giantbomb detectives squad to tell me what video this famous gif comes from:

I don't think it's the quicklook. I need to hear Vinny reaction to when it happens

Load our Last Souls.

A pretty early episode because I think that was the first area they did.

Load your last Souls where Vinny finishes Dark Souls with some help from Ian and Rorie.

dont remember which part though.

danm999

I'm pretty sure it's the first episode where Vinny is coming up to Nito.

I played through this for the first time a few weeks ago and as I was doing it I couldn't quite put my finger on why this area so so familiar until that motherfucking skeleton kicked me off the ledge in the exact same way.

Anjin M

It was funny to hear Jeff essentially tell people like myself who have trouble with Bloodborne that we suck at video games.

Also, the Mass Effect games are okay, each for their own reasons. No need to be rude.

Also also, I can't wait to see the RBI Baseball quick look tomorrow.

Also also also, I'm say that I'm too tired to listen to Alt-F1 tonight. :(

BanGy.nz

Banned
It was funny to hear Jeff essentially tell people like myself who have trouble with Bloodborne that we suck at video games.
On the up side Bret and Brad confirmed my earlier statement that League of Legends is a baby games for babies.

YOU HEAR THAT BREEZYLIMBO! BABY GAME.

Also, the Mass Effect games are okay, each for their own reasons. No need to be rude.

Also also, I can't wait to see the RBI Baseball quick look tomorrow.

Also also also, I'm say that I'm too tired to listen to Alt-F1 tonight. :(

Jeff gets very dismissive of things he doesn't like.
See also: Nintendo products.

Of course, Dan does pretty much the same thing. i.e."I don't like [thing] because I don't like [thing]." (paraphrasing) It's an opinion... but he'll fight dissenters nontheless.

Brad is the only voice of reason, unless it relates to things he genuinely likes, in which case he'll defend them beyond death. Y'know... DotA, Destiny, Brothers, etc.

If only they mirrored my tastes perfectly, then I would find no faults with them.

Anjin M

Jeff gets very dismissive of things he doesn't like.
See also: Nintendo products.
I am inclined to agree with you, but that's not why I mentioned it in regard to Bloodborne. It's not that he doesn't like it, but that he doesn't understand why people think it's hard. I know that I spent a couple frustrating hours dying over and over again when I started the game and Jeff just blew through it. Of course, I find it funny because I have no problem with the fact that I suck at games.

Mully

I share a similar opinion with Jeff about Bloodborne. It's not a great game. It's not that difficult. It's fun to play and the mechanics are solid, but I don't get the hype surrounding it. What exactly sets Bloodborne and the Souls series apart from similar games if you take away its difficulty?

Myggen

Been away from GB/GAF for a few weeks, what are the must-sees recently?

MGS, Sky Battles QL, UPF 04/03, MLB 15 QL, GBE (Bloodborne) Test Stream, You Can't Go (Playstation) Home Again, Shiftlings QL, The No-Go Show, Cabela's African Adventures QL, UPF 03/27, The Old Games Show (new series of videos, new one being streamed today).

Hope the wedding went okay!

I share a similar opinion with Jeff about Bloodborne. It's not a great game. It's not that difficult. It's fun to play and the mechanics are solid, but I don't get the hype surrounding it. What exactly sets Bloodborne and the Souls series apart from similar games if you take away its difficulty?

I would say that the art and design is generally brilliant in the Souls games.

Fantastic art design, a detailed world, a lack of hand holding. Those games aren't just considered great due to the difficulty.

Jothel

MGS, Sky Battles QL, UPF 04/03, MLB 15 QL, GBE (Bloodborne) Test Stream, You Can't Go (Playstation) Home Again, Shiftlings QL, The No-Go Show, Cabela's African Adventures QL, UPF 03/27, The Old Games Show (new series of videos, new one being streamed today).

Hope the wedding went okay!

I would say that the art and design is generally brilliant in the Souls games.

Will check these out thanks!
Wedding went great =D
11140411_10155447738985385_6765275097502713601_n.jpg

Mully

I like those games because of the really great art and fun combat system. The difficulty is completely irrelevant.

Also, what similar games?

Not really sure about the last part since this is my first Souls game. I'm normally a tactical shooter nerd, so this is all new to me.

I have similar tastes as Jeff so maybe Bloodborne is not our type of game. I dig the art design and the combat, but yeah it's not turning my world upside down.

jgminto

The only game that has given me a similar sense of accomplishment when overcoming a challenging enemy on such a regular basis is God Hand.

Rainmaker

Banned
My favorite part of Bloodborne was the exploration. Looking everywhere for something more. Something I could have possibly missed. Trying to figure out what triggers certain things and such. The character designs were great too. Every defeated boss or lantern made me feel like I had accomplished something. My first "soul-type" game and it's definitely in my top games of all time list now. I'll be getting DS2 on PS4 next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom