• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

Brad basically does all the work for the Bombcast now doesn't he?

He's also in a fair number of Quick Looks.

But yeah, I'd love some more Bread.

The EJ is becoming aware of Alt+F1!

Kahn9BL.png

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person here that finds all manner of Bloodborne/Souls content mind numbingly dull. I skipped through most of Jeff playing on UPF because I was bored, and I never skip through stuff on UPF.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
brad isn't on any premium podcasts, hasn't done a premium series outside of his UPF segments in a lonnnngggg time (not counting of the occasional dota2), and he's yet to do a single review in 2015.

Now, i'm fully expecting him to come in here and crush me like Vinny did a while back to that guy doubting his work ethic but there's no denying a dropoff in production from Bard from a consumer's point of view. In vinny's case, it was understandable given his and alex's circumstances but Brad's dip is more of a mystery.

edit: I forgot that he handles the podcast stuff now so i'll grant him that. and yeah, he's carrying his weight with QLs, not denying that. Just speaking from what is tangible production, what we as customer's see, it has all the appearances of a dropoff.

He's done a great job with the podcast, imo. Way better than I'd ever have expected too.

But more Brad is better than less Brad, that's for sure :)

Patryn

I sometimes feel like I'm the only person here that finds all manner of Bloodborne/Souls content mind numbingly dull. I skipped through most of Jeff playing on UPF because I was bored, and I never skip through stuff on UPF.

Nope.

As someone who's kind of meh on the Souls game and not a huge fan of the Metal Gear series, this thread has become kind of a slog for me.

But I still like Giant Bomb, and GB produces enough content that's not related to those two series to entertain me.

Of course I now have to brace myself for the Mortal Kombat deluge that is coming.

Anastasia

Thanks! It's just my way of paying my dues to the site for all its done, haha. Or, I guess, my way of saying thanks because I'm a cheap piece of shit and don't mail in cool things like everyone else does.

What you do is way cooler than people mailing stuff in.

Also, thank you for the Puyo Puyo x GB cards! Really excited about getting them. ;o

lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1025272

"Wow, he actually wrote multiple books!"

That thread sucks. Even a mod insulted him. Props to Dan for writing a book about his anxiety.

Nope.

As someone who's kind of meh on the Souls game and not a huge fan of the Metal Gear series, this thread has become kind of a slog for me.

But I still like Giant Bomb, and GB produces enough content that's not related to those two series to entertain me.

Of course I now have to brace myself for the Mortal Kombat deluge that is coming.

I'm with you guys, I don't enjoy the games that much but I enjoy playing them more than I enjoy watching them. Mortal Kombat I enjoy though. Bring on the deluge!

Myggen

Isn't Brad in charge of the E3 scheduling in terms of appointments and the like? Not the guests on the podcast, that was first Ryan, then Patrick and I think Alex did it last year.

It strikes me as that would be in full swing at the moment.

In addition, he's in charge of the podcast, which is fairly sizable piece of content each week.

Not that I wouldn't love to see more Brad content.

He's in charge of all publisher relations I think, so that would probably fall under Brad's responsibility.

they should bring back TNT for a week just to have a MKX show. Jeff casually going undefeated on the Injustice TNT is kind of an underrated piece of content.

I want to see Dan handle booking the guests. We'd end up with like The Rock, Stardust, Nikki Glaser and Miyamoto all on a livestream.

Patryn

Dan's weird ability to just make impossible things happen meant that if Obama had showed up on UPF that day Dan was all about that, I honestly wouldn't have been super shocked.

Dan's weird ability to just make impossible things happen meant that if Obama had showed up on UPF that day Dan was all about that, I honestly wouldn't have been super shocked.

I bet Obama just got stuck in traffic or something and was trying to get to UPF.

I hope not. Drew will forget everything. :p

MGS4 plays much more like a modern game and less like a game that was building and stacking mechanics on top of a near decade old control scheme that was weird and clunky even during its first inception. There's very little you need to remember gameplay-wise coming into MGS4

Except for the boss design I love that game.

I was unemployed when it came out, and couldn't justify buying it, and then I randomly found a pre-release deal for $22. for like three weeks my routine was job hunt stuff in the morning and then DX:HR in the afternoon. I played through it 5-6 times

that game kind of took the sting out of getting laid off. man that game ruled.

aurahack

Neo Member
The EJ is becoming aware of Alt+F1!

Kahn9BL.png

what am I even doing anymore that I'm doing fanart of semi-jokes from Giant Bomb content

I swear I had to sit for like 5 minutes after posting that and question my decisions

also I can't multiple-reply on here so hey to everyone above who said nice things thank you ;-; y'all are why i do what i do

I used to love OT, but a couple years ago when there was a group of a few people going around and inciting fights in random threads to end up getting people banned kind of soured me on OT. Just hasn't seemed the same since. I rarely even go in threads for specific TV shows anymore, but that's for an entirely different reason. TV gaf on itself got kind of weird.

danm999

I used to love OT, but a couple years ago when there was a group of a few people going around and inciting fights in random threads to end up getting people banned kind of soured me on OT. Just hasn't seemed the same since. I rarely even go in threads for specific TV shows anymore, but that's for an entirely different reason. TV gaf on itself got kind of weird.

I think there is a problem there which also sort of exists on the Gaming side where there's a pressure to get comments in early.

But it ends up being a bit worse on the OT side because being reflexively snarky in a topic talking about someone dealing with anxiety is a fair bit more problematic than say, discussing which Banjo Kazooie game is best (it's Tooie y'all).

aurahack

Neo Member
Yeah.. Well the fact that a bunch of random users tried to insult him is a bummer... The fact that an actual mod did it too though is worse.

I can't blame people for thinking is 'character' is real. The site has always been about personalities over anything else--the content and the site's community live and breathe by what the staff says or does. The problem is when some of them maybe take that stuff too literally--like Dan's character. He's just channeling his dad and grandfather into this goofy stereotype. It's kind of this paradox where a site relying so heavily on personalities has one that is actually not a "real" personality. Or, at least, a very exaggerated one.

Some people just kinda believe that the character is real while a lot of us can clearly see past it. They believe it and I think it's a bummer that for whatever reason, that makes them super hostile. The truth is that Dan is legitimately one of the nicest people I've met. I've talked to him about some pretty sensitive stuff and he was nothing but the most approachable and kind person about it.

press the little plus to the left of the quote on every post you want to multi quote

Bless your heart.

Patryn

At least we've mostly passed the era where the entire first page (100 pp) was just people trying increasingly lame puns.

aka the Dookake era in my mind

Does the fact that most people here know that Dan is usually playing up his character mean that we're... smart marks? Did I say that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom