• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

And this is why I have a scant few games I allow myself into my heart as "nigh perfect", and others I allow in as "pretty flawed but beloved" and keep a very thick wall between the two in there.

"I am your wife dammit! Why won't you let me in?"

"Sorry babe, I only have so much room in my heart and frankly, you just ain't God Tier like Super Metroid and Megaman 2."

*sob* "You monster."

Renpatsu

Didn't Drew say at the end of the Bombcast that the finale should be airing this Thursday?

I need to hurry up and finish my playthrough.

There should be a saying for a saying that is only said once or a very few number of times that is then made a catchphrase / driven into the ground by the audience.

Also you know what I miss? Green screen shenanigans. Eventually they just gave up using gamespots giant green screen room and they dont have a cheap green screen of their own to use like the old whiskey office.

Dan talking about an all inclusive resort in Mexico reminds me of a funny story where I got drunk at one on my honeymoon. I should maybe send it in as an email.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, I probably made it out to be way worse than it is, but there are some people who are going on about how much of an idiot he is. Which he is and he loves to amp it up for attention, but I never got why people can get offended at people being harmless idiots.

Myggen

Yeah, I probably made it out to be way worse than it is, but there are some people who are going on about how much of an idiot he is. Which he is and he loves to amp it up for attention, but I never got why people can get offended at people being harmless idiots.

That's okay, it's the "alcoholic" and "sad life" comment(s) that are unneeded.

It's uh, a mix of some pretty nice stuff about people sharing their stories about coping with anxiety, and some people that need to vent that Dan likes Taco Bell basically.

It seemed to me early on a few people seemed to not understand anxiety and didn't see how a guy like Dan could have it and write a book about it, then a mix of people saying he's stupid and already gives enough bad advice on Danswers and stuff like that. After that it just wasn't really worth reading on.

I challenge this entire thread to try and beat my first-attempt high score at Braking Brad.

wsuNfU9.jpg

i broke the game itself, does that count for anything?

danm999

It seemed to me early on a few people seemed to not understand anxiety and didn't see how a guy like Dan could have it and write a book about it, then a mix of people saying he's stupid and already gives enough bad advice on Danswers and stuff like that. After that it just wasn't really worth reading on.

Yeah there was definitely some of that. I kind of wanted to respond to all that a bit tersely but thought there was no point because it would simply be what the thread turned into instead of it being about the topic.

He's writing a personal book about how he dealt with anxiety who gives a fuck if he doesn't know what a mortgage is or the state of international affairs.

Myggen

I don't know how you know that but it's amazing that you do. I like you.

Don't ask Stump how he knows something, I'm always scared of the answer!

Kudos to you for the GB fanart you've made over the years btw. I need to check out the Bombduders game, this gamejam has delivered some silly/fun stuff.

danm999

Just going to point out that.....

Dan. Drunk his way though college. Film major who thinks black and white films are dumb. = Released multiple books that people enjoy.

Brad. Literature Major = Writes 2 reviews a year and has never written a book.

I didn't know that about Brad, I always assumed he was more of a hard sciences guy or that he was a glamorous karaoke singer who had to flee to the United States to escape the yakuza.

I didn't know that about Brad, I always assumed he was more of a hard sciences guy or that he was a glamorous karaoke singer who had to flee to the United States to escape the yakuza.

Well he started college as a Computer Science major but switched early on after "it wasn't for him" and switched to English literature.

Myggen

Could someone post the DMX Goomba picture someone made during the MPP3 stream (can't find it)? Asking for a friend.

danm999

More Brad content would be cool, and thinking about it there's tons of TV show titles that totally work name wise.

Brad City, Brad Judge, Brad's Burgers, Comedy Brad Brad, Orange is the New Brad, The Big Brad Theory, The Bradlist

I'll see myself out.

aurahack

Neo Member
Don't ask Stump how he knows something, I'm always scared of the answer!

Kudos to you for the GB fanart you've made over the years btw. I need to check out the Bombduders game, this gamejam has delivered some silly/fun stuff.

Thanks! It's just my way of paying my dues to the site for all its done, haha. Or, I guess, my way of saying thanks because I'm a cheap piece of shit and don't mail in cool things like everyone else does.

Thanks! It's just my way of paying my dues to the site for all its done, haha. Or, I guess, my way of saying thanks because I'm a cheap piece of shit and don't mail in cool things like everyone else does.

I mean, I'd argue that anybody who isn't actively mailing in their garbage is probably improving the site in a passive way.

except for the guy that sent in all those knives. that guy was cool.

Jintor

*shakes fist*

give meeee yourrr skillssssss

LiK

More Brad anything would be nice. There's more Premium content with Drew than Brad now. Think about it.

More Brad anything would be nice. There's more Premium content with Drew than Brad now. Think about it.

brad isn't on any premium podcasts, hasn't done a premium series outside of his UPF segments in a lonnnngggg time (not counting of the occasional dota2), and he's yet to do a single review in 2015.

Now, i'm fully expecting him to come in here and crush me like Vinny did a while back to that guy doubting his work ethic but there's no denying a dropoff in production from Bard from a consumer's point of view. In vinny's case, it was understandable given his and alex's circumstances but Brad's dip is more of a mystery.

edit: I forgot that he handles the podcast stuff now so i'll grant him that. and yeah, he's carrying his weight with QLs, not denying that. Just speaking from what is tangible production, what we as customer's see, it has all the appearances of a dropoff.

Patryn

Isn't Brad in charge of the E3 scheduling in terms of appointments and the like? Not the guests on the podcast, that was first Ryan, then Patrick and I think Alex did it last year.

It strikes me as that would be in full swing at the moment.

In addition, he's in charge of the podcast, which is fairly sizable piece of content each week.

Not that I wouldn't love to see more Brad content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom