• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
similar to the attitude of depression, tbh. not seeing it doesn't mean it's not there underneath.

yeah if you really want to hurt someone's feelings, tell someone with clinical depression that they don't have anything to be sad about

that's a real good time

Going to an all you can drink resort in Mexico doesn't sound like a great idea for his health.

eh, those resorts are great for a stress free vacation. Plus, a lot of bad drinking habits come out when social drinking as a social lubricant (it helps with social anxiousness for example as you lose your inhibitions) whereas one is less likely to drink at the same rate when on vacation.

really, it's more about the all you can eat than the all you can drink. the stuff you can eat at resorts as part of their packages is drool worthy.

press the little plus to the left of the quote on every post you want to multi quote

...I did not know this.

I've often wondered why there's no user friendly way to multi-quote. I usually just open each "quote" link in a separate tab and copy all of the quotes into a single post from there.

eh, those resorts are great for a stress free vacation. Plus, a lot of bad drinking habits come out when social drinking as a social lubricant (it helps with social anxiousness for example as you lose your inhibitions) whereas one is less likely to drink at the same rate when on vacation.

really, it's more about the all you can eat than the all you can drink. the stuff you can eat at resorts as part of their packages is drool worthy.

Seriously all-inclusive resorts are probably the best vacation in the world for having no stress. Not having a single thing to think about or stress about is just great.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Resorts are kind of like cruises, in that I really don't see the point of them.

Then again to me a vacation is exploring different parts of the world.

Curufinwe

You're probably right, but after they started the podcast discussing him going to hospital with abdominal pain my eyes went wide when an hour later he was talking about how much booze he was planning to drink. Hopefully a doctor talked to him about liver disease.

...I did not know this.

I've often wondered why there's no user friendly way to multi-quote. I usually just open each "quote" link in a separate tab and copy all of the quotes into a single post from there.

clicking the gaf icon on the thread list page takes you to the first unseen post in a thread

you know, just in case someone didn't know that (there's always at least one)

Antiwhippy

You're probably right, but after they started the podcast discussing him going to hospital with abdominal pain my eyes went wide when an hour later he was talking about how much booze he was planning to drink. Hopefully a doctor talked to him about liver disease.

To be fair iirc from unprofessional friday the abdominal pain was from him running too much after not much activity.

Myggen

...I did not know this.

Lol, seriously. This will make quoting several people a lot easier.

Resorts are kind of like cruises, in that I really don't see the point of them.

Then again to me a vacation is exploring different parts of the world.

It's the no stress no thinking factor. I'm with you on wanting to see new places and explore, but anymore than a couple friends or like minded people and it can be stressful and not fun at all. Some times it's great to go to a resort or cruise with some friends and never have to think or worry about amything.

Edit: Also cruises have more of the exploring aspect depending on stops they make. You could end up seeing a lot more varied locations, but you suffer from them being very touristy.

I'm weird in that I prefer a few days to relax at home with no responsibilities than going on a cruise. I don't like being so cut off.

educate them or attempt to

Attempted. It's really hard to describe depression to someone who doesn't have it, and to get them to realize it's not something that is just "gotten over." Sometimes they're a little more mindful, other times it's in one ear out the other. Just like anything else I suppose.

I think there are some people who genuinely believe that depression isn't a thing, though.

as someone who has experience with this subject, fuck those people

I've grown some thick skin over time, but when you're a teenager who hasn't even come to grips with what you're experiencing, it can be devastating.

mental/emotional health care is the best it's ever been, but there's a long, long way to go yet

Attempted. It's really hard to describe depression to someone who doesn't have it, and to get them to realize it's not something that is just "gotten over." Sometimes they're a little more mindful, other times it's in one ear out the other. Just like anything else I suppose.

yeah basically

i always tried to be very straightforward and open about my anxiety and depression among my group of friends after listening to an npr story about the stigma of mental health and one solution was to just talk about it more

some people "get it" some don't (they might some day, but that day is not today)

oh well at least i tried is the best you can do sometimes

aurahack

Neo Member
this is a top contender for what's going on my headstone

much like my DS2 character name, i'm a strong believer in
UblUwJm.png

What games are everyone playing these days? Right now, it's Pillars of Eternity for me. That game is the real deal.

Patiently waiting for MKX, also.

Antiwhippy

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments and Hatsune Miku Project Diva F2 are the games I'm playing right now.

Very hard swings.

Liamc723

What games are everyone playing these days? Right now, it's Pillars of Eternity for me. That game is the real deal.

I'm playing through Borderlands 2 as part of the Handsome Collection. It's a ton of fun!

Final Fantasy X/X-2 for PS4 is what I'm most excited for next.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

My life has been taken over by Blizzard. I got into the Heroes of the Storm beta and played a quite frankly offensive amount of that game, which lead to always having battle.net open and a decision made in a suboptimal state that caused two weeks of "Well, I shouldn't not try to see how high I can get a character leveled before the season ends..." in Diablo 3.

Most recently I jumped into my backlog and figured I should give Dawn of War 2 a real shot? I couldn't tell you why, but I'm pretty sure it was from that thread where somebody asked if Warhammer 40K is really grim dark, and then somebody else responded with a picture of a guy with a skull on his gun.

I've been watching too much anime recently to finally start Advanced Wars and Castlevania AoS.

Also school stuff getting in the way too.

Teddified

I've been playing Fallout 3 for awhile now, Basically only have 3 DLC's to go though then I'll have to make a decision if I want to continue on to NV now or try a different game for awhile.

Myggen

Is R.B.I. Baseball supposed to be a yearly series now? I guess since the only other yearly baseball game is Sony exclusive they might as well go yearly with it?

really just pushing through the final dozen or so hours of Ryu Ga Gotoku 0. In-game clock says 90 hours, but I'm going to assume probably up to 15 of those were me setting the controller down and walking away.

next: Bloodborne, and probably that Story of Seasons game.

what's interesting is I just learned that it's an official "Harvest Moon" game, (it's still part of the Bokujou Monogatari series), they just lost that english name. anyway... it's Harvest Moon, so I'll play it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've been playing Fallout 3 for awhile now, Basically only have 3 DLC's to go though then I'll have to make a decision if I want to continue on to NV now or try a different game for awhile.

I'd say try a different game and come back to New Vegas whenever Fallout 4 gets announced. New Vegas is significantly better (though not unsignificantly buggier) than Fallout 3, but you also might run the risk of getting burned out on that kind of game before you finish it. Two of those games in a row is a hell of a lot of janky wasteland roleplaying.

I'm also waiting for MKX, as well as killing floor 2 the week after. Right now I'm all about this hot new release called Chrono Trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom