• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
CCFbj8CUsAE_I9Q.jpg:large

just melt it open with the laser

Codename STEAM finally got its patch to speed up enemy encounters. I hope dan/someone on the site will give it another look now because i was kinda interested in the game before i heard about this glaring issue. Just want to know if it's worth it now or not.

kvk1

At first I thought they were talking about Eddie Jordan being aware of Alt+F1.

I damn nearly fell out of my chair.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Codename STEAM finally got its patch to speed up enemy encounters. I hope dan/someone on the site will give it another look now because i was kinda interested in the game before i heard about this glaring issue. Just want to know if it's worth it now or not.

I mean it'll be the same game with faster transitions between your turns.

I don't really see how that would significantly warrant a relook for something you can imagine easily.

Its definitely the type of game that fills a niche of exploring a post-apocolytpic world and its lore/characters more than anything. I don't know much about people's opinions on being overencumbered and the VATS and stuff, but people probably enjoy how it helps the game feel more realistic, sacrificing a more typical FPS style and not being overencumbered, in order to help realize that feeling.

How much more would you enjoy the game if VATS and encumbrance were just removed altogether?

If the answer is "a whole lot," jump on the PC version as soon as possible. You can nix that stuff, and better yet, replace V.A.T.S. with something else like bullet time.

I mean it'll be the same game with faster transitions between your turns.

I don't really see how that would significantly warrant a relook for something you can imagine easily.

Well, not another QL but some impressions of it post-patch. Is that enough to now suggest that it might be worth picking up or are there other flaws that hamper the overall experience? Just would like to hear his/their thoughts on it since it seems like this was a major issue with the game.

Mully

A Star Wars ass Star Wars game needs to come out soon. I've got the Star Wars themed Copa Cabana song stuck in my head.

Also, I had brief thought about a GB GAF Book Club. We'd read all the books that Jeff has briefly read on streams. We'd just read the novelization of Space Jam every month.

How much more would you enjoy the game if VATS and encumbrance were just removed altogether?

If the answer is "a whole lot," jump on the PC version as soon as possible. You can nix that stuff, and better yet, replace V.A.T.S. with something else like bullet time.

Probably not much more. Mods would certainly help, but nothing about 3 really caught my attention and I got bored quickly of exploring and just went straight to getting the main missions over with.

Just put Jeff and the briefcase in a room with a camera live steaming and dont let him out until he opens the thing

Giant Bomb #14 | It's Now Your Job to Hold the Weed

Who do you think is "the fall guy" if CBSi discovers Giant Bombs secret stash?

Brad. I bet its Brad.

kvk1

Has "Giant Bomb #XX: Warning - Not What You're Looking For" ever been in title rotation?

That video came up on my YouTube adventures the other day.

It's pretty special.

Edit: I wasn't searching specifically for Hatsune Miku stuff. I swear.

Zebetite

Banned
i'm convinced that people who dislike encumberance in bethesda-style RPGs are compulsive hoarders who want their character to be like noah's ark for every random item in the game-- two of every weapon, armor, and coffee mug.

just take what you need y'all

Tucah

you speak so well
Has "Giant Bomb #XX: Warning - Not What You're Looking For" ever been in title rotation?

It's pretty special.

Probably one of my favorite GB moments. In fact, I think I'll watch it again now.

Myggen

It's pretty special.

That was the title of the 2014 GB thread on Something Awful. We don't want to be associated with those guys!

Who do you think is "the fall guy" if CBSi discovers Giant Bombs secret stash?

Brad. I bet its Brad.

Brad.

Guys, to bring up another podcast... I really like the Idle Thumbs tv podcasts(twin peaks rewatch and now the Mad Men podcast) but damn do I hate their actual gaming podcast for some reason.

Anastasia

The 2015 US Grand Prix in Austin was my first time watching F1 for reals, and I found it really fun to watch. I need to watch more races.

Star wars battlefront will be a battlefield game with a star wars skin

I really hope its good

Honestly if Battlefront is just (post-patches) BF4 with a Star Wars skin, and offers a third person toggle, and lets me use lightsabers, I will have no complaints.

Xater

Guys, to bring up another podcast... I really like the Idle Thumbs tv podcasts(twin peaks rewatch and now the Mad Men podcast) but damn do I hate their actual gaming podcast for some reason.

I stopped listening to Idle Thumbs some time after Danielle joined.it just became less enjoyable to me.

Mully

I hope Battlefront is different enough from Battlefield. Although I doubt it given that there are a number of rumors about how 3-4 studios are working on that thing.

I stopped listening to Idle Thumbs some time after Danielle joined.it just became less enjoyable to me.

For me it has something to do with when the go on tangents. I'm usually all for off topic discussion on podcasts and crazy tangents taking over, but for some reason Idle Thumbs becomes absolutely annoying and frustrating when it happens. The fake laughter becomes to much and them jumping over each other to take the joke higher just drives me insane.

Their TV discussions have been great though.

They got very serious. and that's fine, I don't hold that against them... but I listen to podcasts in the car, ostensibly to make commutes less stressful. I prefer something a little lighter.

also they pretty much stopped playing games, which kind of deflated my interest.

Tucah

you speak so well
I hope Battlefront is different enough from Battlefield. Although I doubt it given that there are a number of rumors about how 3-4 studios are working on that thing.

I'll play it either way, and I'm fully expecting it to just be a Battlefield reskin but I'm with you there. I'd love to see a ton of effort put in to make Battlefront its own thing.

aurahack

Neo Member
Is F1 finally coming to it's ultimate conclusion and having power ups on the road?

It's already there man, Formula E drivers have a 50kw boost that they can activate twice a race if they get enough fan votes through Twitter.

YOU SEND THEM HASHTAGS AND THEY GET A WIPEOUT BOOST POWERUP. It's amazing.

It's already there man, Formula E drivers have a 50kw boost that they can activate twice a race if they get enough fan votes through Twitter.

That's fucked up in a way I can get behind.

that is so stupid that it's kind of beautiful

What games are everyone playing these days? Right now, it's Pillars of Eternity for me. That game is the real deal.

Patiently waiting for MKX, also.

I'm currently playing Columns of Eternity. Then I plan on either (re)playing Tomb Raider, Red Faction: Guerrilla, Deus Ex: HR or I might play one of the DS Castlevania games I missed, I only played Portrait of Ruin. Not sure which I'll go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom