• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brett/Greg/Jeff has commented that they basically don't have enough scrubs for another scrub league.

Which just means that they should have a non-scrub amateur league. Bring on any and all employees at CBSi with a modicum of skill in fighting games.

Geoff will kick everyones ass

The Dan book thread really disappointed me.

Lately this forum has a weird way of in-depthly discussing nonsense issues that does not fucking matter, yet seem happy to casually make fun of crippling issues that can ruin peoples lives.daily. Once again, I have seen people slightly poke fun at a youtuber - whose greatest issues is meaningless temporary financial one - get banned, yet directly attack someone with coping with a disorder, and everyone free to pile one.

Disgusting to see that happening.
Empathy seems like a rarity at times :(

FStop7

Banned
I mean I've taken issue with some of Dan's behavior, but a thread about the anxiety book didn't really seem like the place. I guess not everyone felt the same. I'm still kind of surprised by Aena's comment.

Since no one else from Team #CaraEllisonForGBEast has posted about this, I thought I'd put on the tin foil hat for the greater good.

All a smoke screen in advance of the official announcement?

Truly, I know Cara's in a rough spot. I think she's the best and wish all the best for her.

Danielle showing up actually revitalized my interest in Idle Thumbs. They seemed kind of listless to me for the last year. Having her on reminds me of the early days when Chris and Nick were on the journalism side of the business and had a reason to talk about recent releases.

Also, I love the hard swings they can go through, from erudite discussion to humorous tangents. The way they constantly shift tone helps keep the cast from falling into too deep of a rut. Of course, that's why I'm still a listener. I get why it wouldn't be for everyone.

There's literally no one I'd rather have GB hire than Cara, but I kinda doubt it'll happen for a lot of reasons. Hope she's doing okay, she's one of the best writers in the industry!

Mully

That BodyBuilding thread is what goes on in my brain each day since I decided to go from a 3 days a week workout routine to a 4 day a week one. Is that bad?

Browsed through the Dan's Anxiety Book thread. Man, some people are such jerks.

In other more uplifting news: Damn, has that Deus Ex trailer got me hyped. That's coming 2015, right? Pre-orders being accepted seems to indicate yes...

aurahack

Neo Member

In other more uplifting news: Damn, has that Deus Ex trailer got me hyped. That's coming 2015, right? Pre-orders being accepted seems to indicate yes...

Gamestop is accepting pre-orders on the NX despite that having no release date or actual detail about what the hell it is so I wouldn't really put too much stock in that.

Liamc723

I highly doubt it, I mean you can pre-order Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 but there's no way they're coming this year. I'm not expecting it to release until late 2016.

strafer

Speaking of Brothers in arms

This game was actually the first time I heard Troy Baker

59397_front.jpg

Gamestop is accepting pre-orders on the NX despite that having no release date or actual detail about what the hell it is so I wouldn't really put too much stock in that.

I thought it was 2016

I highly doubt it, I mean you can pre-order Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 but there's no way they're coming this year. I'm not expecting it to release until late 2016.

Aw man, you guys and your common sense are the worst! Are Square-Enix accepting pre-orders on FFXV and KH3 on their website? Gamestop or Amazon don't count.

klonere

Banned
Goddamnit Dan stop being so easy to like while at the same time so incredibly frustrating.

That tweet about politics has made me so irrationally angry yet all his work on anxiety (and post in that thread) makes me feel bad when I think he's a big dummy :(

Why don't they? Who pre-orders games from the publisher's store?

I mean they don't count as being an indication that the game might be out sooner rather than later. Gamestop accepting pre-orders on the Nx being an example.

So, my point was that if the official store is accepting pre-orders on this but not KH 3 and FFXV...this will at least be out before those, right?

Liamc723

I mean they don't count as being an indication that the game might be out sooner rather than later. Gamestop accepting pre-orders on the Nx being an example.

So, my point was that if the official store is accepting pre-orders on this but not KH 3 and FFXV...this will at least be out before those, right?

It's anyone's guess really. I expect both Deux Ex and Final Fantasy XV to be out before the end of 2016, but which comes first I have no idea.

Liamc723

I don't think the Old Games Show is really for me. Having grown up with a PS1, I find looking at games before the N64 and PS1 a bit too jarring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom