• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurahack

Neo Member
That's fucked up in a way I can get behind.

that is so stupid that it's kind of beautiful

It's amazing because they limit the cars to 150kW when racing, even though they are capable of 200. Fan Boost is allotted to the top 3 drivers who get enough 'votes' and they get one use of Fan Boost per car. (Two per race, since they change car mid-race.)

That means that for a short amount of time, three drivers get their car up to 200kW every race. I think it was in the Buenos Aires race that Bruno Senna used his fan boost and was so unaccustomed to the increase in power that he overshot a corner, smacked the wall, and lost a bunch of places.

It's really, really dumb. I love it.

I'm playing luigi's mansion 3ds

in case you were wondering (like I was): not only are none of the mansions(!) owned by luigi but he seems to hang out in like a one room studio cabin thing and slumming it in the beginning of the game. I though it was about his rise to power or something but it's like some sort of ghostbusters diorama game?

i don't get it

Do you think we'll get a bonus episode of MGScanlon 3 with the secret theatre stuff and the old End save file? Dan definitely mentioned it before.

I'm playing luigi's mansion 3ds

in case you were wondering (like I was): not only are none of the mansions(!) owned by luigi but he seems to hang out in like a one room studio cabin thing and slumming it in the beginning of the game. I though it was about his rise to power or something but it's like some sort of ghostbusters diorama game?

i don't get it

I always forget they made a 2nd game of luigi mansion

I hope we a get a lengthy MKX stream next week.

Scrub League for sure i bet

I would be down for some MKX action if any of you guys are in europe

Stupid MP region locks

giphy.gif

Xater

I would be down for some MKX action if any of you guys are in europe

Stupid MP region locks

giphy.gif

I'm skipping it because of that and pre-order DLC. Otherwise I would have been game. Maybe I'll get the game on sale by the end of the year. Or I'll just watch the story mode online and don't get it at all. We will see.

But... she's the only one on there who actually plays video games.

Doesn't change the fact that the show just became less interesting to me around that timeframe.

The Dan book thread really disappointed me.

Lately this forum has a weird way of in-depthly discussing nonsense issues that does not fucking matter, yet seem happy to casually make fun of crippling issues that can ruin peoples lives.daily. Once again, I have seen people slightly poke fun at a youtuber - whose greatest issues is meaningless temporary financial one - get banned, yet directly attack someone coping with a disorder, and everyone is free to pile on,

Disgusting to see that happening.

Anjin M

Since no one else from Team #CaraEllisonForGBEast has posted about this, I thought I'd put on the tin foil hat for the greater good.

Cara Ellison via Twitter said:
Sad to say this month's Eurogamer column and S.EXE will be my last. I'm pretty burnt out and I'm going to take a break from a lot of things

I also hope to move to the middle of nowhere in France and wait until inspiration for my Next Thing happens. Thank you for reading me

All a smoke screen in advance of the official announcement?

Truly, I know Cara's in a rough spot. I think she's the best and wish all the best for her.

I stopped listening to Idle Thumbs some time after Danielle joined.it just became less enjoyable to me.

Danielle showing up actually revitalized my interest in Idle Thumbs. They seemed kind of listless to me for the last year. Having her on reminds me of the early days when Chris and Nick were on the journalism side of the business and had a reason to talk about recent releases.

Also, I love the hard swings they can go through, from erudite discussion to humorous tangents. The way they constantly shift tone helps keep the cast from falling into too deep of a rut. Of course, that's why I'm still a listener. I get why it wouldn't be for everyone.

Kirlia

Banned
The Dan book thread really disappointed me.

Lately this forum has a weird way of in-depthly discussing nonsense issues that does not fucking matter, yet seem happy to casually make fun of crippling issues that can ruin peoples lives.daily. Once again, I have seen people slightly poke fun at a youtuber - whose greatest issues is meaningless temporary financial one - get banned, yet directly attack someone with coping with a disorder, and everyone free to pile one.

Disgusting to see that happening.

I am so very glad I didn't look in that thread. When I saw it, I was like, "Oh no, this won't end well..."

Incidentally, I ordered his book yesterday! I was planning on buying it anyhow at some point in the future, but another duder's advice make me take the plunge earlier. :)

don't rush to get the PC version, both MK9 and Injustice on the PC had busted as fuck netcode.

Yeah, I did a bit of digging on Injustice and MK9 and saw that the netcode wasn't too hot, but it's either PC or previous gen for me so I'd much rather go PC. Plus, while I would like to play some multiplayer I'm still primarily interested in the singleplayer stuff.

aurahack

Neo Member
Since no one else from Team #CaraEllisonForGBEast has posted about this, I thought I'd put on the tin foil hat for the greater good.

All a smoke screen in advance of the official announcement?

Truly, I know Cara's in a rough spot. I think she's the best and wish all the best for her.

The last person I want to be in a rough spot is Cara. :( I don't know if a tied-down, office-ish job like GBEast is the place for her, as much as I'd want it to be, but I hope whatever is next for her is deserving of her skills. She's wonderful.

Xater

I hope Cara's OK. Could be a sweet ruse but I doubt it.

Sigh. Games journalismmmmm

It seems like she wants to do more. Even talked about writing a book. I wish her the best at whatever she ends up doing. Still going to miss her voice in games journalism.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Cara Ellison ‏@caraellison
I think my hand is almost fully healed, which means more work, which means uuuuuuuugh

before i die i just want to kiss the inventor of gatorade fully on the mouth. i love you gatorade. you were my alpha and omega

gatorade i dont care how many gators died so that i could drink u. in this manner you are like fois gras: i know but i dont care

Everyone relax, Cara is almost recovered and has a goal in life. She's going to be fine.

#HireCara #KissTheGatorCreator

We should do our own scrub league.

No Jeffs allowed.

Brett/Greg/Jeff has commented that they basically don't have enough scrubs for another scrub league.

Which just means that they should have a non-scrub amateur league. Bring on any and all employees at CBSi with a modicum of skill in fighting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom