• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weeks in a row with no Drew on the bombcast. I wonder if he`s not permanent anymore. I do like the rotation of the 4th spot though. I like hearing what the other duders have to say too.
If you look at the glut of live shows coming up and consider that the BLLSL is around the corner then it's easy to imagine that he's one busy guy right now.

danm999

I spent my breaks from studying yesterday researching how to manage traffic flow. Cities: Skylines does weird things to a person

Yeah when Brad mentioned I think last week on the Bombcast he was looking at German theoretical traffic studies I knew I was going to be doomed to the same scary rabbit hole.

But so far all I know is adding a shit-ton of roundabouts alone doesn't do the job.

Yeah when Brad mentioned I think last week on the Bombcast he was looking at German theoretical traffic studies I knew I was going to be doomed to the same scary rabbit hole.

But so far all I know is adding a shit-ton of roundabouts alone doesn't do the job.

http://imgur.com/a/z1rM1 here's a good one from the C:S subreddit. I need to start using more one-way roads.

everyone is too over educated for my industry sectors and im so close to just demolishing them

I only have a small area of industrial left with a majority of my zoning for that now being high density offices or whatever it's called.

everyone is too over educated for my industry sectors and im so close to just demolishing them

LOL

Yeah I had a problem with this too; a bunch of factories were basically unable to find people for jobs once I started putting in Office districts so I rezoned.

I guess you're supposed to transition away from industrial to services and white collar in the mid game..? Or keep all the colleges and useful social amenities away from certain residential areas and create a miserable proletariat to pump out your canned sludge..

this is incredible. now this is a video game

"You ate three of those? In one sitting?" "Yeah"

".....that's cool."

The complete sincerity of Dan saying that was cool almost made me spit out my tea.

Corgi

Banned
funny thing is city skylines doesn't follow normal traffic logic. You have to design around it :3

man is the next MGScanlon gonna be rough. Think thats when he has to get the lieutenant's outfit right?

danm999

Yeah I had a problem with this too; a bunch of factories were basically unable to find people for jobs once I started putting in Office districts so I rezoned.

I guess you're supposed to transition away from industrial to services and white collar in the mid game..? Or keep all the colleges and useful social amenities away from certain residential areas and create a miserable proletariat to pump out your canned sludge.

Actually the latter might explain why once when I zoomed in on a neglected residential area half the homes had a dead body in them.

I guess you're supposed to transition away from industrial to services and white collar in the mid game..? Or keep all the colleges and useful social amenities away from certain residential areas and create a miserable proletariat to pump out your canned sludge.

I'm not going to make ghettos in my beautiful city!

I should just demolish them.

Nice social commentary on industrial jobs in the 21st century Cities Skylines :/

danm999

I'm not going to make ghettos in my beautiful city!

What is a city if not a thrumming hive of human sickness and decay?

I should just demolish them.

Nice social commentary on industrial jobs in the 21st century Cities Skylines :/

And I was only legalizing drug use in the very rich residential communities!

http://imgur.com/a/z1rM1 here's a good one from the C:S subreddit. I need to start using more one-way roads.

Cheers, this is really cool. I'm probably going to start from scratch and try to do this right because I think my current city is beyond redemption.

daydream

Banned
j91jw.jpg

need to figure out if it runs on my laptop

edit: nope, damn. i probably need a new one soon, anyway

I really need to get back to cities skylines, after like 5 attempts I finally set out a basic city structure I was happy with and then I stopped playing for some reason.

Corgi

Banned
the best thing about cities skylines is that without mods, the normal difficulty is really easy. Real hard to not be rolling in bank. 2nd city is thriving good after 2 genocides due to me putting the sewage pipe too close to the water pumping one.

danm999

I really need to get back to cities skylines, after like 5 attempts I finally set out a basic city structure I was happy with and then I stopped playing for some reason.

Seems like a game that will get better week to week given mods and ongoing developer support, so taking a break is probably a good thing so you don't get totally burnt out
like all the fish stick factories my fire engines couldn't get to in time :(

the best thing about cities skylines is that without mods, the normal difficulty is really easy. Real hard to not be rolling in bank. 2nd city is thriving good after 2 genocides due to me putting the sewage pipe too close to the water pumping one.

Since the game doesn't have the traditional SimCity player spawned natural disasters, we have to create our own I guess.

Tucah

you speak so well

Yep, the easy difficulty of the game makes it really fun to just fuck around in a city, I don't really care if I mess up because, hey, what problem can't you can fix if you throw enough money at it!

Jintor

yeah i might pause on cities skyline for a bit until it gets another patch to release the growables beyond like the 10 varients it's currently capped at and they rejigger the traffic mechanics a little (it really pisses me off seeing a 3 lane highway and everyone stuck to the left lane)

and the education mechanics

strafer

So this might be a longshot but will Hidetaka Miyazaki be back for Dark Souls 3 or is he going to focus 100% on Bloodborne now and DLC and shit?

Tucah

you speak so well
So this might be a longshot but will Hidetaka Miyazaki be back for Dark Souls 3 or is he going to focus 100% on Bloodborne now and DLC and shit?

My guess: even if he doesn't work on Bloodborne DLC, I somehow can't see him going back to Dark Souls. Maybe a Bloodborne sequel or another new franchise/spiritual successor.

I think it is certain to say that the DS2 team is working on their next game. Miyazaki did say he wants to bring other FROM franchises back so i think he might step away from souls.

His team though. I would keep an eye out to see what his team does next.

If they want east money they can just get the Kings Field games to run on PC and sell them on Steam

I believe Kings Field is lost in limbo in terms of publishers. Since Sony Published some of those games i don't think it would come out on steam.

But with Otogi & Chromehounds i think either Sega or MS might own the IP

Which one had Richaaaaaard? Because that's the only From game I've seen more than a couple seconds of.

metal wolf chaos. the ultimate president mecha sim

I feel this link has just become relevant in the Giant Bomb thread.

And Giant Bomb talks about it.

Metal Wolf Chaos was created in approximately eight months. To accomplish this, FromSoftware used the engine it had created for the Otogi series as it was designed to handle the on-screen destruction which the design demanded. Additionally, a North American release was originally planned for the game and it even made an appearance at E3. However, for unknown reasons, a full version of the game never officially made it overseas. A demo of the game, however, was hidden as an Easter Egg in an Official Xbox Magazine disc, although none of the text was actually translated.

I still don't understand what prevented this game from appearing in NA.

metal wolf chaos. the ultimate president mecha sim
Thanks. And sorry, I find SBF to be pretty annoying. The AGDQ run was great, though. Also, does Samantha read this thread? If so, thanks for appearing on Danswers. It was really enlightening for somebody who doesn't know any transgender people. That was really brave of her to come on and discuss it so openly.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Thanks. And sorry, I find SBF to be pretty annoying. The AGDQ run was great, though. Also, does Samantha read this thread? If so, thanks for appearing on Danswers. It was really enlightening for somebody who doesn't know any transgender people. That was really brave of her to come on and discuss it so openly.

I'm interested to hear her talk about this. Do you know roughly when that discussion begins? I'm not interested in the rest of danswers.

I wonder when Bloodborne comes out. If only there were 15 threads on the first page of Gaming that could inform me a bit more as to what i can expect from Bloodborne

I'm interested to hear her talk about this. Do you know roughly when that discussion begins? I'm not interested in the rest of danswers.
The vast majority of it involves trans identity and her experiences as well as her advice to others dealing with their gender identity. I think you could probably skip to about 30 minutes in if you want to avoid their Dan jokes and talks about the industry.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The vast majority of it involves trans identity and her experiences as well as her advice to others dealing with their gender identity. I think you could probably skip to about 30 minutes in if you want to avoid their Dan jokes and talks about the industry.

Cool, thanks. I'll give it a listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom