• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurahack

Neo Member
The new hire is Nick Denton!

wat

I was one of the folks who was looking forward to Jeff's impressions of SMTxFE since it's pretty much a persona game masquerading as some sort of fire emblem...thing.

so it did suck to basically hear that not only did they not watching the thing (that's fine, neither did I) but that they barely even bothered themselves in reading the details of it. I think it's fair criticism, but i also have been following these guys since 08 (shit, has it really been 7 years?) so i've come to expect this occasionally from them, like when they were getting all sort of PS3 facts wrong back in the day.

also, the whole get-a-visa-gift-card idea for redboxes is a thing i thought of immediately when i was wondering about how someone would go about stealing from them so i can't hate them for airing that, it's like cmon how does redbox they not have some sort of contingency plan for that type of fraud.

I'm not entirely surpsrised--I've been following them for just as long, if not longer, and I've never gotten the impression that something as frequent as Nintendo Directs would be something they'd pay an especially great amount of attention to. :T

strafer

Shame Drew didn't collect the three Snakes during The Boss fight.

And Dan forgot to mention about the L1 button press during the president handshake.

Myggen

Aw yeah, got to take Thursday 30th off work so I can watch the whole of BLLSL live. This is one of the nerdiest reasons for taking a day off.

hell, I paid attention to the SMTxFE and FE:If stuff and I'm still confused as to what the hell is going on with those

they're still far enough away that I'm not particularly bothered by the fact that GB doesn't have all their fingers on the pulse of that one

Quentyn

I don't remember, but I do remember him confirming it.

He mentioned it at the end of his Uncharted delay news story.

We're planning to extend our livestream nights out a bit to handle the Bethesda press conference on Sunday night and we're hoping to find a location that's less, like, echo-y than our big-ass room from last year. We'll see how it goes.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/with-uncharted-4-delayed-to-2016-what-else-is-out-/1100-5182/

Dan should just go through the PO cutscenes with Drew.

no, just no

but it would be great if dan, drew, and jason could do some cooperative sneaking missions together if/when they play PW because if drew hasn't already grown to dislike the MGS bossfights by then, he sure as fuck will hate them soon after.

Renpatsu

Drew's point blank shotgun strategy never gets old.

Edit: I'm yelling at the screen while Drew has The Boss in the SVD's scope.

Myggen

I hope they announce a new Elder Scrolls.

I want that much more than I want a new Fallout game (and I love Fallout), but I doubt they'll announce a new TES game before next year at the earliest. Skyrim is still doing very well for them on Steam.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
hell, I paid attention to the SMTxFE and FE:If stuff and I'm still confused as to what the hell is going on with those

they're still far enough away that I'm not particularly bothered by the fact that GB doesn't have all their fingers on the pulse of that one
You'd think one of them would have bitched about Fire Emblem coming in three parts... if they paid attention to the news, that is. :p

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dishonored 2 is probably my most wanted Bethesda game right now, but I also want Doom 4 to be interesting, atleast.

Should be something for everybody!

Liamc723

Dishonored 2 is probably my most wanted Bethesda game right now, but I also want Doom 4 to be interesting, atleast.

I reckon we'll see Fallout 4, Dishonored 2 and Doom 4. A very good conference!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Yeah, wow. I completely forgot about Arkane. Bethesda makes some good games man.
I really hope Arkane gets to make that "spiritual successor" to System Shock they were talking about.
But man...
Arkane, Doom 4 and maybe Fallout 4. That would be an interesting press conference. And probably something about that TF2 game they make that nobody cares about.

Renpatsu

You'd think one of them would have bitched about Fire Emblem coming in three parts... if they paid attention to the news, that is. :p
So far that seems to only be for Japan. EU and US directs didn't really specify any details and what was said suggested a single game.

danm999

Whatever Bethesda announce I just want them to poor some of that Morrowind charm/world building/atmosphere back in.

I liked Skyrim and Fallout 3 but they just kind of felt...sterile in a way? Maybe that's the consequence of a game that open ended nowdays.

a weird situation where reduced interest results in a better product...

There's a third chapter that's coming out as post-release DLC too, so I wonder if they'll go as far as to include that in the localisation version or sell it as DLC too.

They could also potentially sell it as two cheaper version digitally? Who knows. Options. I won't be getting either, Awakening didn't really stick with me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, the only way a Fallout announcement would be exciting is if they came out and said Obsidian was taking over the franchise completely.

Who knows. Options. I won't be getting either, Awakening didn't really stick with me.
But you have two little girls fighting over you to be their big brother. It's art!

There's a third chapter that's coming out as post-release DLC too, so I wonder if they'll go as far as to include that in the localisation version or sell it as DLC too.

They could also potentially sell it as two cheaper version digitally? Who knows. Options. I won't be getting either, Awakening didn't really stick with me.

are there examples of Nintendo only releasing full retail-sized games digitally in other regions? It would almost have to be a physical product too

I liked Awakening. even if by mid-game or so you have a couple of heavy-hitters that just steamroll through every mission

no, just no

But how will Drew know how Roy and Big Boss became bros?
How Foxhound was created?
How Big Boss knew that his son would kill him?
How Ocelot killed the CIA director and took the Legacy?
How Ocelot, Zero, and Paramedic started the Patriots?
How Sokolov is still alive?
How Big Boss got the idea for a nation of soldiers?

HOW?!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, the only way a Fallout announcement would be exciting is if they came out and said Obsidian was taking over the franchise completely.

But you have two little girls fighting over you to be their big brother. It's art!

Oh god. You know what, I actually like most anime bullshit but the whole "Oniiiiii-chan" part nearly turned me off.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh god. You know what, I actually like most anime bullshit but the whole "Oniiiiii-chan" part nearly turned me off.
It was hilarious. lol

I will say, I would hope that it is less "creepy" if you play a female character and they just call you onee-chan instead.

are there examples of Nintendo only releasing full retail-sized games digitally in other regions? It would almost have to be a physical product too

I liked Awakening. even if by mid-game or so you have a couple of heavy-hitters that just steamroll through every mission

Oh yeah I meant doing that alongside selling a boxed complete version.

It was hilarious. lol

I will say, I would hope that it is less "creepy" if you play a female character and they just call you onee-chan instead.

all i know about this whole Fire Emblem If fiasco is that super boobie waifu gif that was a pretty major turnoff for me. They might as well have said, "here, this game is for 13 year olds and pervy older men."

Nintenyearold

Neo Member
I just got premium and I was about to asked why the Phantasmagoria random pc game video wasn't available after a couple people recommended it. But then I got the joke, what do I win?

all i know about this whole Fire Emblem If fiasco is that super boobie waifu gif that was a pretty major turnoff for me. They might as well have said, "here, this game is for 13 year olds and pervy older men."

DxPw4.gif

To be fair that's awakening too.

tharja (´▽`ʃƪ)♡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom